Anyone else finding direct passing uneffective?

Reaction score
Hey there, is there anyone else who finds the title true? I've tried a lot of tactics and usually it is only worth for me picking more direct as the passing style when i am in control of a good team like Real Madrid, Brazil, Man Utd and Chelsea fx.

Thanks for reading

Totally, utterly, completely useless. Not managed to make it work in any way, shape or form at all.

I made a tactic that won the europe cup with celtic 1st season, also did a fast test with spurs that went fairly well and that was direct fast paced

Have you try just using it on the flanks?

Yes have tried down the flanks. Not working.

I made a tactic that won the europe cup with celtic 1st season, also did a fast test with spurs that went fairly well and that was direct fast paced

Well spurs is kinda underrated.. tbh i see them as similar strength as any other top team in EPL in the game. So that just support my argument about bigger teams can work with direct passing while its harder for minor teams.

Also can you tell me more about the celtic tactic? What made it work, and how you came to the result at least?

direct passing is dangerous if you do not have the correct players with the correct stats.. direct passing is quite often intercepted or misplaced if the players stats are not good enough and doubly so if the opposition have good anticipation...

I always use direct passing and have done wonders with QPR..

it's also not just about the player, its about the player receiving the ball.. is he running from deep often? is he not finding the needed space to receive the ball properly (moves into channels/roaming)

there are many factors mate :)

try get more support players further up field if you are finding it not working..

direct passing is dangerous if you do not have the correct players with the correct stats.. direct passing is quite often intercepted or misplaced if the players stats are not good enough and doubly so if the opposition have good anticipation...

I always use direct passing and have done wonders with QPR..

it's also not just about the player, its about the player receiving the ball.. is he running from deep often? is he not finding the needed space to receive the ball properly (moves into channels/roaming)

there are many factors mate :)

try get more support players further up field if you are finding it not working..

Can you tell me which attributes, tactic tweaks and PPM's you are looking for when trying to make direct passing work?