Anyone else finding FM24 really difficult?

cleese74

Reaction score
I've started 3 test saves since release date to get a feel for the match engine.... and nothing seems to work.

I've been sacked already in 2 of the saves, can't get dynamics to work, opposition always seem to be able to score from any attacking situation, and I can't seem to create a tactic that is just 'solid'.

Have any of you had any success? I've come from FM22 which in comparison was a cakewalk

I've started 3 test saves since release date to get a feel for the match engine.... and nothing seems to work.

I've been sacked already in 2 of the saves, can't get dynamics to work, opposition always seem to be able to score from any attacking situation, and I can't seem to create a tactic that is just 'solid'.

Have any of you had any success? I've come from FM22 which in comparison was a cakewalk

HELP, ONLY PURCHASED FM24 FOR NEW YEAR, HAVE SET MY NEW CLUB UP NO PROBLEMS , TACTICS ,STAFF ETC , BUT STARTING MY FIRST PRE SEASON MATCH GAME FREEZES/CRASHES AFTER ROUGHLY 20 MINS ON CLOCK .

I feel it's slightly more difficult than the previous ones, which I don't hate.
As far as my experience goes, plug and play tactics (which I normally look to create for the fun of it) don't work nearly as well/consistently, and tactics overall need to be more catered towards the squad or the situation.
There are great tactics, of course, but it's not like previous FMs where you could straight up break the engine and take a mid-table team to first if your tactic just ticked certain criteria.

My experience when playing normally and adapting a tactic while doing so is that I perform a lot worse in away games compared to home games, like a lot worse.

I haven't experienced any issues with dynamics, though, and I feel not a lot has changed there either.
So long as you talk to your players and criticise them without throwing the bottle at them you should be fine, really. What causes you the most problems?

As for a "solid" plug and play tactic, that's what I'm just working on. Nothing stellar, but something that allows for a bit of overperformance whether it's used by an underdog or one of the stronger teams in the league.
So far it's looking promising and I will upload it if that holds true. (Got 1st with Spurs, 9th with Luton while holidaying, just running another go with Brentford)

As for the opposition, I feel for set pieces especially the opposition prefers the far post and that corners to the far post overall got a lot stronger whereas before you always, always wanted to go near post.

HELP, ONLY PURCHASED FM24 FOR NEW YEAR, HAVE SET MY NEW CLUB UP NO PROBLEMS , TACTICS ,STAFF ETC , BUT STARTING MY FIRST PRE SEASON MATCH GAME FREEZES/CRASHES AFTER ROUGHLY 20 MINS ON CLOCK .

First of all please stop with the caps lock if you're already hijacking someone else's post. Second of all are you running the game vanilla or do you use any databases or editor changes? Because that might be where the issue lies.