Anyone else guilty of signing too many 'Hot Prospects'?

craig9045

Reaction score
Hey guys

One of the issues i've been trying to work on in my current save is too not sign every player i think might have a chance of getting good! I always have at least 3/4 feeder clubs and always send as many of my under 18's/reserves out to them as long as they get game time.

But after about 5/6 seasons in every game, my reserves get blocked up from the players who want to stay at the club but didnt quite make it to the first team, i'm not a fan of releasing players either (although sometimes it has to be done)

This isn't a question as i've cut down the number of youngsters i sign, but just wondering if anyone else was guilty of something simular? And if so, what did you do to keep everyone happy and progressing?

Craig

always...every game i say to myself don't sign too many players but i can't help it...i just sell the ones who won't quite make it and make some money off of them..simple :)

used to do it mate as I always wanted to see how they would turn out.. I have a nice system now that I only buy 2-3 good promising youngsters (club depending of course) and give them sufficient playing time in order to develop correctly.. otherwise (like City) the players rot away in the reserves...

then the other thing of signing too many "players" for free or even just for low amounts cause you think its a bargain :) we all do it.. just have a good depth to your squad and know who is in your plans and who is not!

Yeah, I used to sign a whole load of prospects but in the end it's really hard to develop them all - at least so they can live up to their potential. Now I usually sign a few that I know I'll work into the team (usually around 3 players) and sometimes I buy a few other decent youngsters that I can get cheap that I just keep around for a year or two and then sell for a good amount of money. A small rule of the thumb I also use is that I hardly buy a prospect or X amount of them if I don't have enough good tutors to fit each player.

Even though I have five feeder clubs in my current Arsenal save, I don't like to send my brightest prospects out on loan, mostly because I want to be in full control of their development. My best youngsters usually spend only one year out on loan, in a club I know fit their current level and where I know they'll get around 30+ matches a season and after that I start working them into my first team.

Yeah, that's been my problem as well, where I buy too many interesting players only to end up relying on my old guard to see me through games. End result is far too many unhappy players.

So now I've cobbled together a small spreadsheet to help me compare players quickly and see who's worth keeping/buying.

I bought way to many "promising" regen players for newcastle, when i saw they were promising id go out of my way to sign them.....i recently had to go through them and release/sell the ones that havent developed and find out who is good, most of my are german's and spanish.

Always used to do it... I always signed too many AMRLC/FC's and LB (lol) i loved them, always tried to make a roberto carlos and stuart pearce for the team. but yeahhh...

Now I pick my formation and then set the U18's to a basic (4-5-1) for example and then sign 1 for each position now and then rely on my youth intake to fill in the squad...

i just sell the ones who won't quite make it and make some money off of them..simple
g.gif

yea my west brome season i have like 6 players under 21 who were good enough for the first team and i have the full 25 of over 21 year olds as well so my squad was massive, managed to cut out the players who werent good enough now i have just 23 players 1st team available

I suffer from this. In my last season I won young player of the year in Argentina, Germany, and Spain. I had players on loan and playing in the first teams for Barcelona, Arsenal, Lyon, Liverpool, Dortmund and Juventus.

i buy a lot in order to sell them at a profit. i keep the best. its a business after all.

I suffer from this! I always send my scouts to talent hubs (West Africa, South America, Central America and Central Europe) and always end up finding far more players that could make it then i have room for! I always end up having 2-3 youngsters hanging around without much hope because I found a prospect who was a little better.

The way I get around it is buy loads and loan list any with less than 2 stars current or transfer list anyone that has less than 3 stars potential.

Thats the main reason i end up packing in my save after 2 seasons...overspending!
Arsenal have got several good prospects coming through if i ever gave them a chance,so i went for it this save and just bought a goalie.
Unfortunately spurs got Cavani and man u got Hazard 2nd season. Uh-oh...

I like to take Second Division B teams from Spain and turn them into Champions League sides and eventually the runoff from mediocre regens will have my B team atop Liga Adalante. It's a shame they can't participate in cups or get promoted to La Liga though.