Anyone else having problems with conceding goals??

lfcmaestro

Reaction score
I'm actually not using my own tactic i'm using
[h=3]Might and Magic™ by Raikan007[/h]
but some of the goals conceded are ridiculous. I'm not sure if it's the tactic or not but I don't think it is. Most of the goals conceded come from corners and other times the defense seems to just disappear.

I'm using Liverpool and i'm top of the league at February but i've conceded near 30 goals.

Anyone else having problems with corners etc?

I've tried it on both Zonal and Man Marking.

I'm not 100% sure it is the tactic, i'm asking if anyone else is having this problem overall regardless of tactic.

On the contrary, I have always had a problem with conceding goals because of the attacking nature of my tactics.

But somehow in this version, I managed to do well defensively while scoring some goals.

Currently I'm playing Napoli, out of 14 matches I managed to conceded just 5. 11 out of 14 clean sheets.
3 out of those 5 goals conceded were penalties btw.

Then again, maybe I'm just lucky.

Last edited:
OMG yes! 2-4 goals every game, cant wait 4 new patch

I do with my Arsenal team but i cant complain its realistic.

Did you tamper with his tactic in anyway and what team are you?

1) you are on top of the league 1st season :) enjoy it
2) this is the best defensively sound tactic I have made to date
3) as you can see I have tested it out with numerous teams and barely conceded in most
4) who are you playing as your back 4?
5) my tactics never seem to work with members using Liverpool... haahha, maybe I should make a version specifically for Liverpool?

I am sorry you are conceding goals mate! try play a deeper line and ask me in future :) thanks

Hi Raikan, i'm not criticizing your tactic I think it's quality and i'm regularly up in the table, just found it weird the amount of corners conceded and thought it might be a game problem.

Another thing I just want to say, some may find it strange lol. I get the feeling my team play better on commentary online rather than watching the game, had the same thing on previous FM games also, felt I got better results when not watching the game. Anyone else noticed a pattern along these lines?

Last edited:
I am having huge problems with conceding goals. It seems that almost half of the shots the comp has on target go in. Drew mylast game 2-2.
I had 10 shots on target scored 2 goals, they had 4 shots on target scored 2 goals. Lots of goals conceded from corners. Ive tried match preperation on defending set pieces, man marking etc etc.
Its just windin me up tbh. I know that in real life sometimes you dominate games and still lose. but not to the extent that it happens in this game. Also why is when my team goes 2-0 up they turn into utter ****? and anyone else noticed their team plays worse in the second half?

Imo it's not the tactic but the game, and something seems wrong. I'm PSG and even when my morale is all high, the team has gelled and players are on form I still can't put any consistency together and lose easy games. 3 games to go in my second season I had AS Nancy Lorraine at home (basically relegation candidates, weren't doing well at all), and lost 2-1 and ended up losing the title.

But just like the above poster it's always because they have 1-4 shots a game and score 1-2 or more goals, and I have 20+ shots and maybe score 1.

But the thing that ****** me off most is the players they have and the manner they score. They'll have pretty **** players and yet constantly just whack in a 30 yard screamer that the player could only dream of doing in real life. Obviously this happens but it's not realistic when it happens almost every game.

It seems so much harder this year for my team to put a good unbeaten/winning streak together, and yet i'll see Stade Brestois (definate relegation candidiates) joint top after about 15 games. So if they can go on a good run when they have good morale and are on form, why the **** can't my team when I have much better players?!

My mate is having the same problem at man city, having the best team in the league in his second season and struggled to finish 4th. Both of us are using Koflok's goals galore which is very similar to last year and was very successful, but even my own tactic has been inconsistent too.

Definitely nothing wrong with the game, people have been complaing the game is too easy. It's got a happy medium.

AS for long shots, a player having a 7 (for example) doesnt mean he is rubbish, (taking into account all other releveant attributes. you giive any player (real and FM) time and space, and more often than not he will get them on target.

If they are constantly whacking in screamers then you arent closing them down enough.

if you are creating 20 shots a game and scoring 1 you are creating poor/rushed chances. if you are failing to convert lower than 1 in 12, you need to change your approach

Imo it's not the tactic but the game, and something seems wrong. I'm PSG and even when my morale is all high, the team has gelled and players are on form I still can't put any consistency together and lose easy games. 3 games to go in my second season I had AS Nancy Lorraine at home (basically relegation candidates, weren't doing well at all), and lost 2-1 and ended up losing the title.

But just like the above poster it's always because they have 1-4 shots a game and score 1-2 or more goals, and I have 20+ shots and maybe score 1.

But the thing that ****** me off most is the players they have and the manner they score. They'll have pretty **** players and yet constantly just whack in a 30 yard screamer that the player could only dream of doing in real life. Obviously this happens but it's not realistic when it happens almost every game.

It seems so much harder this year for my team to put a good unbeaten/winning streak together, and yet i'll see Stade Brestois (definate relegation candidiates) joint top after about 15 games. So if they can go on a good run when they have good morale and are on form, why the **** can't my team when I have much better players?!

My mate is having the same problem at man city, having the best team in the league in his second season and struggled to finish 4th. Both of us are using Koflok's goals galore which is very similar to last year and was very successful, but even my own tactic has been inconsistent too.

If you think that's bad, during the 2010/2011 season IRL, the match between West Ham and Blackpool, there were 48 shots on goal...and it finished 0-0 lol

If you think that's bad, during the 2010/2011 season IRL, the match between West Ham and Blackpool, there were 48 shots on goal...and it finished 0-0 lol

Yep becuase it was such a high tempo game, played at 100 mph, no one taking their time to pick their spots etc.

Yep becuase it was such a high tempo game, played at 100 mph, no one taking their time to pick their spots etc.

Still miss those days with Blackpool in the Prem. Was great to watch. Frenetic pace...if the finishing was better and not rushed like you said, would've been a totally different story for the club. But, thats football lol

Definitely nothing wrong with the game, people have been complaing the game is too easy. It's got a happy medium.
I don't get how these people are leaving a default 4-4-2 unchanged and winning comfortably :/

if you are creating 20 shots a game and scoring 1 you are creating poor/rushed chances. if you are failing to convert lower than 1 in 12, you need to change your approach
I've slowed the tempo down for this next season, will see how that goes. But the chances i'm talking about are more often than not CCC's, falling to players like Gameiro, Menez & Griezmann. They'll miss it whilst the worst player in the league will score those chances against me pretty much everytime.

I don't get how these people are leaving a default 4-4-2 unchanged and winning comfortably :/

I've slowed the tempo down for this next season, will see how that goes. But the chances i'm talking about are more often than not CCC's, falling to players like Gameiro, Menez & Griezmann. They'll miss it whilst the worst player in the league will score those chances against me pretty much everytime.

the default tactics are actually quite balanced. people seem to think the more tweaking the better the tactic. Bad idea. Only tweak if you are actually sure of what outcome you are trying to acheive.

I have to head out, back in an hour or so, but If you can get lots of screenshots of stats, the match analysis page that shows where the shots are taken from, the match analysis page that has the passing stats, Screenshot of the team tactic formation (because that one shows all the roles and duties as well) and the team instructions

I'll have a look and see.

write any manual tweaks you have made to the roles

P.S Griezmann :wub:

I have to head out, back in an hour or so, but If you can get lots of screenshots of stats, the match analysis page that shows where the shots are taken from, the match analysis page that has the passing stats, Screenshot of the team tactic formation (because that one shows all the roles and duties as well) and the team instructions

I'll have a look and see.
Well i'm just in pre-season now so all the matches will be too far back/gone, but if I notice more odd matches i'll get the stats. The tactic is just Koflok's Goals Galore on slow tempo with the attacking players set to normal tackling instead (it was on hard, thought that would be risky).

Well i'm just in pre-season now so all the matches will be too far back/gone, but if I notice more odd matches i'll get the stats. The tactic is just Koflok's Goals Galore on slow tempo with the attacking players set to normal tackling instead (it was on hard, thought that would be risky).

Cheers, will have a look at Kofloks when im back

I just played Charlton in my first game of my 2nd season. They have just been promoted and I finished 4th in the league last season. They had 4 shots on goal and scored every single one of them. While i had 20 shots in all and 10 on target scoring 3 goals. 65% possession. I completely closed them out but those 4 shots. Surely that means my tactics are working? I am dominating and having lots of chances and scoring lots of goals and making sure that they have very little of the ball or chances and yet they consistently score.
Tbh it seems that tactics make almost no difference, if the comp gets a shot on target at least half of them are gonna go in regardless of what you do

I agree with what most are saying, same old same old just happened to me there now.

Liverpool 1-3 Fulham

27 shots to 6, once again defense doesn't exist.