seanhrfc

Reaction score
As I've never done it before I decided to give the MLS a whirl. Getting used to all the rules, but have to say its making it a little bit more enjoyable. Like the way I can submit a roster and all those I don't submit are waivered. Great for squad culling ;)

Oh and I'm Seattle Sounders with LFCMarshall's update so I have the likes of Martins and Dempsey, as well as adding Gallas and Stankovic to the squad.

Not yet, but I started my career as unemployed, and took a job someone would give me :D. I think, being American myself, I might make the transition eventually though

Yes, I have a Real Salt Lake save I played for a while, left and then came back to it recently. I've won the MLS Cup and CONCACAF Champions League a couple of times. When you enjoy such success it's hard to get other MLS clubs to deal with you in trades it seems. Still, MLS is fun. I desperately want to win the Club World Cup, but have failed so far.

I played it for almost 2 seasons. All the rules makes it interesting to play although you have to think twice a lot of times with signing or selling players. I enjoyed it a lot

Do you guys get slammed with brutal scheduling in July during WC qualifiers and tournaments? Add on that your best players are representing their countries. Ugh. MLS needs to move its calendar to match the rest of the world.

I think the schedule, tbh, is a fact that when MLS was born, no one really thought it would draw international players to it, let alone the likes of Beckham, or other national team superstars.

Thoroughly enjoying my save with sounders atm, managed to offload a lot of players for good allocation funds, allowing me to bring in young talent such as Diskerrud, Strandberg, Andy Najar and Freddy Adu to add to the quality of the likes of Nekounam, Stankovic, Dempsey and Martins. I've also got Juan Manuel Vargas and Javier Saviola coming in as designated players in July.

I'm now into April 2013, after a wobbly start I went on to top the Western Conference (2nd overall) and win the MLS, beating Houston in the final. I've also just beaten Tigres 2-1 in the first leg of the NACL Semi-Final, so fingers crossed I can go on to win that.

Finding the whole drafts etc pretty exciting, particularly the SuperDraft. Traded off some of my back-up players for other teams Draft Picks and managed to snap up 4 decent youngsters, one 18 y.o. striker called Edgar Avila showing real potential scoring 4 in 4 appearances.

Last edited:
I think the schedule, tbh, is a fact that when MLS was born, no one really thought it would draw international players to it, let alone the likes of Beckham, or other national team superstars.

Yeah, born from the necessity to share stadiums with football (American football) teams. The majority of the teams have or are getting their own stadiums. Places like Colorado and the Northeast might be a problem during the winter, but if they can do it in Germany ...

What leagues do you guys like to load up with when doing your MLS save?

I have Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, England, France, Italy, Germany, Spain top leagues loaded, with load all international players and top division players from North America / South America / Europe.

Just starting to get stung by the international fixtures, had Martins, Dempsey, Najar, Diskerud, Strandberg, Nekounam and a few others all out and I could only field 14 players in total!

Yeah, born from the necessity to share stadiums with football (American football) teams. The majority of the teams have or are getting their own stadiums. Places like Colorado and the Northeast might be a problem during the winter, but if they can do it in Germany ...

I don't even think thats it too much, from what i've seen, there isn't much international football played on sunday evenings over here. For the most part it's been wed/friday/saturday. Now, it may be too difficult to switch a field around over night from say a saturday night game to a sunday afternoon american football game.

So is it actually possible to buy top draw players?

whos the best team to play as?

So is it actually possible to buy top draw players?

whos the best team to play as?

You need to be really savvy about watching for players approaching the end of the contract to sign them on free transfers, and you'll probably need to use your Designated Player spots to offer them enough wages to get them interested. I picked up Kaka on a free transfer on my Real Salt Lake save, he was a little past his prime, but he still did a pretty good job. I also had opportunities to sign Fernando Torres and Wesley Sneijder, but passed on them as my main striker was doing very well and I already had Kaka in midfield. But no, you'll never be able to entice or afford any of the real big name players in the game.

As for the best team to play as, that's kind of hard to answer as the league rules create a kind of parity in the league. Any team has a good chance of beating any team on their day. That said, I would probably recommend LA Galaxy or New York Red Bulls if you want the biggest names (Keane and Donovan on LA, Henry and Cahill on NY) but Seattle, Houston, Sporting KC and Real Salt Lake all have really good squads.

Thoroughly enjoying my save with sounders atm, managed to offload a lot of players for good allocation funds, allowing me to bring in young talent such as Diskerrud, Strandberg, Andy Najar and Freddy Adu to add to the quality of the likes of Nekounam, Stankovic, Dempsey and Martins. I've also got Juan Manuel Vargas and Javier Saviola coming in as designated players in July.

I'm now into April 2013, after a wobbly start I went on to top the Western Conference (2nd overall) and win the MLS, beating Houston in the final. I've also just beaten Tigres 2-1 in the first leg of the NACL Semi-Final, so fingers crossed I can go on to win that.

Finding the whole drafts etc pretty exciting, particularly the SuperDraft. Traded off some of my back-up players for other teams Draft Picks and managed to snap up 4 decent youngsters, one 18 y.o. striker called Edgar Avila showing real potential scoring 4 in 4 appearances.

That's a good squad. I think I'll do a Sounders or Xolos Tijuana save when LFC Marshall's transfer update is done. I've never done a Liga MX save before, but I think it would be fun to add to Tijuana's American contingent and play in the Mexican league.