Anyone else trying an engine exploit tactic?

TomNicklin

Reaction score
Pretty much finished with FM13 and waiting for 14 now and about this time I try to exploit the engine with ideas from the community and trying things myself, but this year seems different, the match engine seems alot more sturdy and I am yet to find a formation even that would be considered engine exploit!

So far ive tried, direct approachs with these fomations:

Seems is SI have put a good stop to exploting!

Correct, SI have managed to sort out most terrible engine flaws this year. There are a few exploiting settings and some formations that do hold a strong advantage over the opponents that the match engine cant hadle but they are not that many.

Any advice on what formations work best? Especially for underdogs.

I see little to no point in making such a claim, but whatever floats your boat.

Sorry! I was actually just teasing and this time, it did float my boat :)

I am on my IPhone my and intend to post it when back at the comp. The thing is though, it's not about putting sliders to the extrem, but to overload certain parts of the field when in possession moving the team sideways a unit to drag the opponents of if position. This along with using many players holding " double " positions in a way that hinders the AI from exploiting the slightly flawed marking system. This along with having players moving between the line in a way the AI can't handle, here exploiting this flawed marking system. Along with using some players starting out wide and moving inside with the ball to exploit that our players don't get closed down properly( the AI almost always showing them inside) and ensure by OIs that the AI wont do the same( always show them outside )

With this said, you would naturally need to use the correct players.

I am on my IPhone my and intend to post it when back at the comp. The thing is though, it's not about putting sliders to the extrem, but to overload certain parts of the field when in possession moving the team sideways a unit to drag the opponents of if position. This along with using many players holding " double " positions in a way that hinders the AI from exploiting the slightly flawed marking system. This along with having players moving between the line in a way the AI can't handle, here exploiting this flawed marking system. Along with using some players starting out wide and moving inside with the ball to exploit that our players don't get closed down properly( the AI almost always showing them inside) and ensure by OIs that the AI wont do the same( always show them outside )

So basically "telling" rival players to do two opposite things at the same time and then sliding inbetween the mess, huh? Sounds difficult to pull off, but awesome if you actually make it.

Would this kind of tactic work better with a striker partnership or with a single forward?

Me no understandeh

So basically "telling" rival players to do two opposite things at the same time and then sliding inbetween the mess, huh? Sounds difficult to pull off, but awesome if you actually make it.

Would this kind of tactic work better with a striker partnership or with a single forward?

something like that, yes. Pushing the Opponent into getting into the scenarios where the Match Engine fails and at the same time, making sure you don't get into those situation yourself. In the end, you will still struggle if the players have a bad day or when the team is complacent, not motivated/confident. Its not hard as such making a tactic like that but the flow Of the game is rather frustrating to watch as its so its you against the ME, not the opponent.

I have found rigid counter tactics work best against greater sides. I developed a 4321 tactic based on that assumption and not only did I win against Real Madrid on pre-season 15 times out of 16 tests (the tactic was like 30% fluid) with Barcelona, including a 6-0 trashing, but also won against them 1-0 playing with the full youth squad.

Use with other teams has led me to great seasons with teams like Swansea City, Red Bull Salzburg or KRC Genk.

If SI have put a stop to exploit tactics, why not spend time learning how to use tactics that don't exploit the match engine? Once you've learnt the basics, you won't need to change your tactics every patch etc.

Exploit or super tactics are always going to be a problem for a certain type of player but on the other hand a game saver to others. Myself I love both type of tactics, plenty of micro management and spending not hours but days getting my tactic just right. I also like having a super tactic for other times but I would never use it on my main save. The only difference for myself is the amount of time it takes for success, with a super tactic it is pretty much straight away and with a self made one it takes a while longer to win things.