Anyone had an extremely social and likeable player?

torglenn

Reaction score
In my case, it's Jay Rodriguez, originally from Burnley.
As I am well into my 3rd season in Premier League, he's only a backup striker at the moment. But I'd like to keep him at all cost.
This is because he is among 'favourite personell' with all the other players. When I bring in new players, Jay Rodriguez is among their favourites within a couple of months! Nationality, language and personality type doesn't seem to matter. I have no idea what he does, but it works wonders for team spirit and morale, and new players gel into the team faster.

Anyone had someone with the same effect on other players?

I bought Darwin Quintero in my first season and he got onto everyone's favourite player list pretty quickly, but I thought that was because he was banging in goals on the way to winning the Championship player of the year. No-one's got on his favourite player list yet, oddly. The only other person I've seen appearing on loads of people's favourites list is... me! I've concentrated on youth development and all the players I bought at 15-16 and played through the youth, reserves, and now first team starts seem to love me - I'm their surrogate club daddy.

Peter Lovendkrans and Viktor Claesson for my Hellas Verona side when I won Serie B, Lovenkrands netted 35 goals and Claesson scored 8(!) goals in one game and after that almost all of my team loved them, i instructed one of my young strikers to be mentored by Lovenkrands and both parties where delighted with it.

Yeah, I get that players who scores a lot is well liked. But in the case of Jay Rodriguez, he doesn't even play that much. He's my 4th or 5th choice striker atm. A couple of my newest players have hardly ever seen him play, but they still love him. Strange thing...
Luckily, he has a long contract, and seems to be happy with life on the bench :)