Colossus6

Reaction score
Anyone have a regen that became world class and played for your team until he retired?

They seem rare because people tend to sell the player once he hits 30 or never play that far into the game. Or they player ends up wanting a new challenge because you kept winning everything :p.

i never get good regens. i've seen other clubs do this, but, never me. =(

i ain't that far yet cos im only in my 2nd season but on fm10 i had plenty of one man team regens

It is true, you do tend to sell them when they reach an high age that makes them less valuable for your team. I prefer to work with youngsters so I do sell players when they get old. The most likely to spend the entire career at one club is probably a GK since you can make good use of them even at old age.

It is true, you do tend to sell them when they reach an high age that makes them less valuable for your team. I prefer to work with youngsters so I do sell players when they get old. The most likely to spend the entire career at one club is probably a GK since you can make good use of them even at old age.
Mate with a proper one-club man, you put them in the first team around age 19 as a sub, bleed them into the team until 21 or so, and then they can be a key player for 8-9 years until you start bringing him on as a sub.

This normally doesn't happen though because it makes sense to sell a player whos 30

So far, 15 seasons in, my teams produced a couple of good regens. At sporting, i got the new Quaresma (pretty awesome right winger), the new Iaquinta, and signed the new Eduardo and many others. But normally, i purchase the good regens when they appear.

My laptop would probably self-destruct if I ever got that far.
Furthest I've ever got was on FM08 I think Carlos Vela was 28. So that's 10 seasons.

I had a "golden generation" type of thing going on in FM 10 on my Pumas save (in Mexico, admittedly a lower profile league), there were like 8-9 players who came through in 2-3 years, and I then pwnd the league for a good 5 or 6 years, but I had to sell some of them to Europe (vultures). I specially remember a fantastic MC who turned a fantastic playmaker, and I sold him to Feyenoord on 10M, and I bought him back and kept him as a coach. Most of them were **** coaches though.

I also bought a 2 metre centreback from rostock, regen. Hes a pure beast. No player gets past him, he's got 17 marking, 16 tacking, 17 concentration. and hes 22 years old. Pure awesomeness. 18 heading too, btw.

I do love towering CB's.