Anyone having defensive troubles since the update?

Fanty111

Reaction score
Im having a lot of trouble with dodgy goalkeeping and defenders just running away from their man they should be marking and conceding a lot of goals

anyone else having these issues?

thanks

i had this early on and solved it with turning off 'close down much more' and 'close down more' in the tactics

for some reason it caused players to go rushing out of the box during corners

generally i also use the creator to make sure at least one player on corners is zonal in the 6 yard box to back up the keeper

its not really corner im having problem with its open play

i dont really use man marking much tbh

maybe try setting instructions for individuals whos strength is man marking and see if it keeps doing it (if youre not already)

its been the best fm of the series until this update, theres nothing i can do i'm seriously struggling!
goalkeepers have a mind of their own

The update didnt change the the ME, is was all minor stuff

It'd be best if you post in the tactics section, post up your tactics and mention exactly who you are and what the issues you have are.

I have noticed some dodgy goalkeeping, where the shot will go straight at them and then they let it trickle into the goal, but nothing more than what we usually see from the imperfect match engine we have to deal with every year.

I have noticed some dodgy goalkeeping, where the shot will go straight at them and then they let it trickle into the goal, but nothing more than what we usually see from the imperfect match engine we have to deal with every year.
The AI deals with the same "imperfect" engine, so it's not that big of an issue.