yamyam91

Reaction score
I no this is Lower League Managers, but really Sheff Utd are classed as in the Lower Leagues. Really i should be building a team for the championship next year because if everything goes to plan like it should i will be in there next season, Just wanted to no if any of you have any decent players that can score my way up the championship maybe play offs in my first season in there? The only player ive really brought is Febian Brandy and got Zenden on a free using LFCmarshall's summer update. Any help would be great thankyou in advance

It depends how much money you have really and what the update is like. I only use the default database really so I don't know which players are available on the update but I'll try to give some suggestions.

Leigh Griffiths - normally quite solid in the championship and gets quite a lot better by the second season. May only be available on loan rather than permanent signing if he's at Wolves.

Iain Hume - got something like 9 goals and 16 assists in the Championship for my Preston side. If he's at Preston on the update he may not want to move.

Nicholas Bignall - Was one of my top scorers in League 1 and may be available quite cheap as I think he's backup at Reading.

Scott McGleish - Old and not too fast but good technically and dirt cheap too (on the default database anyway). Playing him as a poacher he got something like 18 in 23 when I was Ary United the 2nd season. Probably only useful for League 1 at best but could be a good addition to get up into the Championship.

Someone fast - Preston have Josh King on loan on the default database and despite having pretty average stats besides pace was my joint 2nd top scorer. If you can get him on loan he shoul be decent or failing that get someone else with pace and play them as a poacher.

Dunno how much help this has been but I would also consider bolstering up more than just your attack. My first buys are always a strong and good tackling ball winning midfielder and centre backs with good marking, concentration and, if possible, strength and pace as well.