Anyone interested in working out a Libero/Sweeper tactic

Ghents

Reaction score
I know Libero is kinda wonky and doesn't really work right, but I've always wanted an effective tactic using the sweeper/libero. Anyone interested in trying to flesh one out?

I've got a great Ajax 73 tactic all working apart from the Libero role which is totally borked. I've had a tentative 'promise' from the devs at SI that they'll look at it asap but for now I wouldn't bother with Libero at all. Instead, give them your opinion on what's wrong with it and upload some PKMs to the bug report forum. I get the feeling that their opinion is that it's not as broken as everyone is saying ;)

Yeah, I've been reading the thread on the official forum. Should play more like a regista/halfback combo. Right now I don't even know what it is. Hah.

Also, I'd love to see that Ajax 73 tactic.

Last edited:
Tried for about 30 minutes and gave up on a libero tactic for the same reasons :(

Every year I try a Libero save in Italy. Every year I realise the Libero isn't a Libero.

I don't know if anyone has been trying it lately, but I've been playing around with a Libero when I manage my U21 side sometimes, and I've noticed quite a few times where they'll dish it wide to a wingback/winger and then sprint up field.

I don't know if anyone has been trying it lately, but I've been playing around with a Libero when I manage my U21 side sometimes, and I've noticed quite a few times where they'll dish it wide to a wingback/winger and then sprint up field.

That's what a libero is suposed to do. i've been messing around with a Sweeper though