Anyone know anything about this?

Average Joe

Reaction score
Really random question!

I bought a TV but it was faulty, I called the makers of the TV and they picked it up from my house for repair. A week later they called to say it was being returned. The TV never showed up but they claim it was sent and signed for. I have not seen it at all.

What can I do?

Any advice appritiated :)

Ask them to send you the original signed waybill to see who had signed for it!

Ask them to send you the original signed waybill to see who had signed for it!

Yeah i'm waiting for that via E-mail. Pretty annoying so far as it costs me to call them! Do you know what happens if somebody else has signed for it? What can I do?

Yeah i'm waiting for that via E-mail. Pretty annoying so far as it costs me to call them! Do you know what happens if somebody else has signed for it? What can I do?

who would have signed for it?

if someone signed for it, there is not much you can do mate.. they will just say it was signed for and it is now your problem!

that is a real ballache though, sorry mate!

who would have signed for it?

if someone signed for it, there is not much you can do mate.. they will just say it was signed for and it is now your problem!

that is a real ballache though, sorry mate!

That is ridiculous though because I have not received it lol.

Surely not any old ****** can sign for somebody elses package

Keep nagging. I know it's not that same but I ordered an acoustic guitar a couple of months before Christmas. It was signed for by my mother, and she's put it somewhere that I couldn't find (she went on a week's holiday by this time). I kept phoning and emailing until, eventually, they realised it was their fault and sent me another one. It arrived the day she got back, and she said 'why have you bought two?'

So yeah, I have two guitars lol morale of the story is = don't stop until you get it.

Last edited:
Surely as you bought the TV and thus sent it off, seeing who signed for it if the company sent it too the wrong address then you can provide proof of your identity and they will rectify the problem either by retrieving the TV or sending you a new one. One thing I've learnt in life is that arguing gets you somewhere sure it costs to phone them but they'll just get fed up and reimburse you.

Mate I'd have never have got off the phone untill I had a new one confirmed!
Get head offices number, ask to speak to anyone in customer care/support, they will have someone who deals with fuming customers.
Start with, I'm irate because of a shocking customer experience, say things like you've lost confidence in the company, tell them you haven't signed for it and that is the bottom line, you dont have a tv and they have your money, they have insurance for losses and you don't.
It won't be the first time this has happened, the customer services people seem like mongs but there's only so much they can do.
I worked at O2's head office for years and we would get a couple of angry customers a week come in to the building and start blasting the receptionists with their problem, someone would come and deal with them, most of the time they just gave them what they wanted so they'd go away or get off the phone, good luck!!

complain, complain complain!

just keep putting pressure on them!

who could have signed for it at your place/house? mom/dad/sister/roommates/missus/maid?

It ****** me off because it was brand new, an xmas gift for my girlfriend and it was turning itself off within a week. All sent off fine and everything then suddenly they say its been returned.

I'm waiting to see the signature that has signed for it right at the moment. Either way I have not signed for it so I should get either a new one, or the trace what happened to the other one!

Just annoying how its costing me phone bills to speak to the idiots. Will just have to keep nagging then by the looks

complain, complain complain!

just keep putting pressure on them!

who could have signed for it at your place/house? mom/dad/sister/roommates/missus/maid?

I think I gave the maid the week off at that time ;)

My dad could have, but didn't. Other than that a neighbor but they would have brought it round to me as everyone is good like that where I am & always have in the past.

Stupid thing is, when they called saying "we will deliver it tomorrow" my dad asked "if I'm out walking the dog, are you able to leave it with neighbors?" To which they said they could not, and it could only be left at the specified adress......Bulllllshiiiiitttt

It's not unknown for delivery drivers to stick a signature on the electronic pad and bang they got a new tv, all they have to do is say "yeah matey signed for it".
Other than that they may have delivered it to a neighbour, who is now watching Jeremy Kyle in HD on your new tv in their one-zy, and of course if you ask "I ain't signed for it bruth!".

It's not unknown for delivery drivers to stick a signature on the electronic pad and bang they got a new tv, all they have to do is say "yeah matey signed for it".
Other than that they may have delivered it to a neighbour, who is now watching Jeremy Kyle in HD on your new tv in their one-zy, and of course if you ask "I ain't signed for it bruth!".

That's what I want to do!! lol

It was an xmas gift for the girlfriend so it has probably annoyed me more than if it was for myself as shes now watching some 14 inch block of a tv lol.

I just can't understand how they say that it has to go to my address - then let any dull ****** sign for it!

If you have the delivery ID you can normally view the signature of the person who signed for it online. The one advantage from having to try to use one of those electronic devices.

Sounds to me like it's been half-inched by a driver or something. I had a similar problem with a case of wine over christmas, it doesn't help that they write the parcel's contents all over the box. I just kept on at them untill I got my money back. Don't give up because if it's not your signature then they don't have a leg to stand on

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Repeated Emails later I finally get a reply - [/FONT][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]

Dear Mr Super Sexy Godlike Joe
[/FONT](may not have been their exact words)
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Apologies for not replying sooner, the matter is being investigated but we are waiting on UK Mail to come back to our Service Provider as they have confirmation that your TV was returned on 8[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]th​[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]February with a POD stating recipient Williams. The driver that delivered the TV is currently on holiday so there is a delay in us to be able to confirm anything further until they are back.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,serif]We will update you as soon as we have any further news.

By 'on holiday' I assume they mean 'selling goods on at a market or carboot'

They claim it was signed for, well not by me...
[/FONT]

'... is currently on Holidays'
Isn't that convenient.