Anyone manage outside of Europe?

curtis290

Reaction score
I'm playing my first FM11 save, and it's also my first save outside of Europe. I'm managing Independiente in South America (a database with a 0 foreigner rule though in most leagues). I'm finding that it's quite a challenge, and I might get sacked for the first time in FM. Your finances are pitiful: when I adjust the transfer budget and set it all to wages it's 155k in US dollars. This is for one of the biggest teams in the league. There is so much parity in the league that it's really unpredictable and there are few easy teams. And with a 19 game season, all it takes is a couple of losses and you're out of the title race. Also having little knowledge of players and opposing teams makes things difficult, and I can't rely on my tried and tested signings I used to always buy. All in all though it's a lot of fun.

Anyone else manage outside of Europe?

Not currently, but on FM10 I had fun saves with Gremio and Ariquemes. It was more difficult but it added to the feeling of accomplishment when I finally got my hands on a trophy!

I've tried a game with the new MLS team Philadelphia Union. Never tried MLS before so it was a bit confusing with all the new rules and stuff but still fun nevertheless and a new experience.