anyone playing fm12 while having bought fm13

Status
Not open for further replies.

penza

Reaction score
I find fm12 so much better... I had a lot of success in fm13 (won CL first season and serie A and final of coppa italia with udinese) and 4 seasons took wisla krakow to semis of CL (polish league) so I had success but I just prefer fm12 (i am not using any exploits) do any of you prefer fm12?
I am playing with AZ and in 1st place of Erevidisie first season in January...

Yeah I feel the same way, I had a lot of success with a handful of saves on fm 13 but I have gone back to fm 12. I just like the the set up better and it runs faster than fm 13.

FM12 is 100x a better game. If FM14 is anything like 13 at all, i think i'm going to start giving the games a miss and stick to 12. 12 is just a lot more enjoyable, and its not that i haven't had success on 13, i just find it a very poor game. FM12 is my personal favourite of the series, including the earlier Championship Managers.

1. FM12
2. CM3
3. CM2

FM12 is 100x a better game. If FM14 is anything like 13 at all, i think i'm going to start giving the games a miss and stick to 12. 12 is just a lot more enjoyable, and its not that i haven't had success on 13, i just find it a very poor game. FM12 is my personal favourite of the series, including the earlier Championship Managers.

1. FM12
2. CM3
3. CM2

Agree

I could never go back to FM12 as I really hated how the players just ran through each other, the MCs never defended properly etc.

Now that I know all the flaws in FM 12.....no thankyou.

Realism ftw

fm 12 is way better, and you can tell fm 13 is a flop if they have to keep releasing patches for it. They messed up this year

fm 12 is way better, and you can tell fm 13 is a flop if they have to keep releasing patches for it. They messed up this year

Definately agree, which is a shame because i think FM13 with all the new features could've been amazing. I don't know about anyone else, but whether its arcade or simulation, you play games for enjoyment, and even with my successful saves on FM13, i just don't find it enjoyable. For some reason i just don't feel as immersed in the game as i do with FM12. For me i actually felt like the manager on FM12, whereas on FM13 i feel like i'm doing everything from the outside if that makes sense.

I know a few people disagree with that and think FM13 us brilliant and i respect their opinions, but for me FM14 needs to go back a step rather than a continuation of FM13

Definately agree, which is a shame because i think FM13 with all the new features could've been amazing. I don't know about anyone else, but whether its arcade or simulation, you play games for enjoyment, and even with my successful saves on FM13, i just don't find it enjoyable. For some reason i just don't feel as immersed in the game as i do with FM12. For me i actually felt like the manager on FM12, whereas on FM13 i feel like i'm doing everything from the outside if that makes sense.

I know a few people disagree with that and think FM13 us brilliant and i respect their opinions, but for me FM14 needs to go back a step rather than a continuation of FM13

Yeah, when I first saw fm13 I thought it was way better than fm12 because of the outside control you get but tactically, it sucks. I liked how you could control the midfield in fm12, the wingplay was also better, in fm13 the wingers and fullbacks tend to shoot a lot and the running mechanism is very strange. If fm14 could take fm 12 gameplay and fm13 outside stuff it would definitely be a step up

FM 12 had one less patch... Also the argument about patches idoesnt work. Does that mean, if they had released one patch, it would automatically be better?

Last edited:
Yeah, when I first saw fm13 I thought it was way better than fm12 because of the outside control you get but tactically, it sucks. I liked how you could control the midfield in fm12, the wingplay was also better, in fm13 the wingers and fullbacks tend to shoot a lot and the running mechanism is very strange. If fm14 could take fm 12 gameplay and fm13 outside stuff it would definitely be a step up

You couldn't control the midfield in FM12, MC did not actually defend as they should have, they were fundamentally flawed in taht respect.

Hard to make a case for FM12 tactically when forwards could literally run through a player, MCs didnt work properly defensively, and 3 man defenses didnt work like they should have...

Apart from it breaking every single one of FM12's records.

I could never go back to FM12 as I really hated how the players just ran through each other, the MCs never defended properly etc.

I did for a comparison. I got through 3 games before I deleted it. Massive leap ahead tactically in removing fundamental flaws.

Yes. Playing it right now actually. I prefer it over FM13.

The fact is there will never be a 'perfect' game. There are aspects of both games which back each others arguments for the most 'life like'. But the fact is, they aren't real. It's like wrestling, people think it is but it really isn't, and people who are good at the game are purely good at that and only that. We aren't good football managers, we are good at the game. We aren't tactical geniuses or the next 'Arry, we've bought a game which we are good at and we enjoy. Whether that be 12 or 13, everyone has their own opinion and my opinion is FM12 is more enjoyable.

I play FM12 now for about an hour a day if the missus allows, and now and again i'll turn on FM13 just to give it another chance because of my love of the whole series, but i just can't get into it. And thats not all down to tactics, or match engine or certain features, i just can't get into it like i can FM12. I can turn FM12 on, start a new game or load a save and the missus has to ask me to turn it off, with FM13 i turn it off myself with half hour of playtime left. And to be honest, i started playing Champ Manager 2 back in the day, played everyone of them since and FM13 is the first one that has that effect.

You couldn't control the midfield in FM12, MC did not actually defend as they should have, they were fundamentally flawed in taht respect.

Hard to make a case for FM12 tactically when forwards could literally run through a player, MCs didnt work properly defensively, and 3 man defenses didnt work like they should have...

Hahaha, Are you kidding me, it is up to you make your mc defend, I don't know what you are talking about because my mcs protect my defence and they are actually the reason i have more than 15 consecutive clean sheets, mine press a lot so what you saying is largely based on your tactics.

FM 12 had one less patch... Also the argument about patches idoesnt work. Does that mean, if they had released one patch, it would automatically be better?

It means that it had more errors

Hahaha, Are you kidding me, it is up to you make your mc defend, I don't know what you are talking about because my mcs protect my defence and they are actually the reason i have more than 15 consecutive clean sheets, mine press a lot so what you saying is largely based on your tactics.

No MCs were fundamentally damaged in the way the defended. This was a known bug confirmed by SI, its been there for about 2 years.. You could make then defend, but they didnt defend anywhere as near we well as they should do. It's actually got nothing to do with pressing, but their positioning. In FM12, MCs dont position deep well enough and track as well as they should, its made much worse in 4-2-3-1.

I actually kept a lot of clean sheets, although its completely irrelevant. it doesn't change that there was a bug there.

Last edited:
It means that it had more errors

FM 12 still had lots of errors when they stopped patching it. People actually complained there were not enough patches. Ideally you would keep releasing till the next version but that's impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.