Anything you don`t like about the new FM ?

• Thread starter Thread starter crusho79
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 3K
theres so much bout this new one its just the biggest step back ive ever seen to a management game yet

**** where do i start
the skins terrible
navigating them just as bad cant find anything easily
the tactics dont even make sense nor do they work the touchline **** dont work
the fact that every game ya get a sending off or about 8 yellow cards
the fact that your winning comfortably and without any gameplay it just comes up GOAL for opposite team
all the goals come at the same times
when the playes get sent off once u warn them they repeat u fine them they get unhappy the team gets unbhappy the morale drops u dont win for ages and ya end up re starting a new game
players are so over rated agbonlahor rooney etc
back to transfer system prime example real sell van der vaart every game yet when you chose to be real madrid no one wants him i was even offering him to clubs for 0 money and still they wuldnt take him? yet when your anyone else english teams always buy him
english transfers u can sell anyone but when your any other league its a nightmare
the transfer budgets are also ****** up
the patches dont update anythign relevant
network play is still awful and buggy
still havent sorted the xml parameter errors for when u shut it down after u save
the transfer system is stupid u offer 10m cattermole sunderland want 46m daft
training purely dont work either
3d bullshit well what can i say its bullshit
the player stats arent updated right

they have fully gotten away from the point of what all the other fms before it were about now ya do a backroom staff metting and theyll tell you all the things u shuld and wuld have learned to do yourself in fm 09 like finding good youngster finding good coaches setting players interactions and training now thats all there right in front of you theyve simply took the sole out of the game

theyve prided themselves un consintly brining the most realistic managing game yet but when you get things like 8 yellow cards in 2 mminutes (which ive seen) and all the time having ur tackling on easy well that just dont make any sense

fm 09 over it anyday fm10 has ****** up big time

Last edited:
A little bit easier and unrealistic than previously, but the game has still moved forward and is the best Management Sim on the market. Championship Manager has a long way to go before even challenging FM.

theres so much bout this new one its just the biggest step back ive ever seen to a management game yet

**** where do i start
the skins terrible
the fact that your winning comfortably and without any gameplay it just comes up GOAL for opposite team
when the playes get sent off once u warn them they repeat u fine them they get unhappy the team gets unbhappy the morale drops u dont win for ages and ya end up re starting a new game
back to transfer system prime example real sell van der vaart every game yet when you chose to be real madrid no one wants him i was even offering him to clubs for 0 money and still they wuldnt take him? yet when your anyone else english teams always buy him
english transfers u can sell anyone but when your any other league its a nightmare
still havent sorted the xml parameter errors for when u shut it down after u save

they have fully gotten away from the point of what all the other fms before it were about now ya do a backroom staff metting and theyll tell you all the things u shuld and wuld have learned to do yourself in fm 09 like finding good youngster finding good coaches setting players interactions and training now thats all there right in front of you theyve simply took the sole out of the game

theyve prided themselves un consintly brining the most realistic managing game yet but when you get things like 8 yellow cards in 2 mminutes (which ive seen) and all the time having ur tackling on easy well that just dont make any sense

thinks thats a bit to far i think that its been a major change but with the soul of the game still there theres stuff that takes a while geting used to but when you do its fine i mean if you look at fm09 there was problems with that one aswel like david weir catching up with andrew driver when 1 on 1 i think fm10 is moving in the right direction but thats my opinion

I have to agree on the sendings off though.

It is a joke.

**** where do i start
the skins terrible

don´t agree entirely, but there are in fact several things that need fixing...
To be fair the new layout doesn´t bother me took me maybe 15 min to get used to it. The overflow of cards is something i´ve noticed as well, even when i set tackling to cautious and move each players individual slider to the minimum i still get 2-3 yellow cards each game and about 5-10 red cards a season... and the transfer system is absolut ****, when offering players to other clubs you don´t get rarely any offers, and for players you don´t want to sell they offer exactly the amount of the players value, while you´ll have to pay a fortune to get a player you want. Also i´ve come across silly transfers... Vela sold by Arsenal to PSG for roughly 2 mil pounds in 2nd season which is just mental.

Yeah the transfer system is weird, it seems sometimes that some clubs just want ridiculous money for decent players. I'll make an offer that is the same as someone elses (and I check if they have clauses in their offer) and mine will be turned down and theirs accepted its frustrating. I definately agree with what you're saying phil

its a bit like real life then?

Its just a lot harder is why people don't like it. United do lose to burnley and players do stupid things.

Although I agree with some of the points made. It crashes for no reason and players dont listen.

Last edited:
now see I love FM2010 but the ammount of bookings I get are outrageous

Main dislikes:

* Transfer system - Most players are overpriced, average players cost 12-15 million but when a team comes in for your player (similar standard) they offer a lot less.

* Layout - Even though ive adapted to it now, i still prefered FM2009 alot better. They have tried to be too clever with it, hence making it worse and less user friendly.

* Finances - You are given wage budgets and transfer budgets that dont co exist with your current structure of the club. For example you will be way under your wage budget and transfer budget but your club will be losing around 1 million a month.

* Game difficulty - In FM2010 i have rarely had to rattle my brains with regards to tactics, i set up a couple tactics last season and finished a respectful 7th with Fulham. This is my second season and im 3rd after 30 games (above Man utd, Man City, Liverpool etc) and i just feel im progressing too quickly compared to FM2009.

* Fans result reaction - Ok this has become far too annoying, after every game you either get they are happy or disappointed (happy when you win, disappointed when you lose). For example i went away to Manchester United, battled very hard but lost 1-0 and they were disappointed with the result. Also your player could play brilliant every week but when he has one bad game, the fans state that someone else should have played instead.

* Fans player sales reaction - Every player you more or less sell the fans are very unhappy about. I had Hangeland and Dempsey demand transfers in the first season, which i sold and got very good prices but the fans were unhappy i sold them. Also out of contract players who myself and my assistant believed were not good enough for the team (1 star rating) i released but the fans are horrified about it.

Overall i dont dislike the game, i just hoped it would have progressed in other ways rather than just the in game pitch. I have tried to like FM2010 but if i'm truely honest i prefer FM2009 but thats just a personal view.

Last edited:
Main dislikes:

* Transfer system - Most players are overpriced, average players cost 12-15 million but when a team comes in for your player (similar standard) they offer a lot less.

* Layout - Even though ive adapted to it now, i still prefered FM2009 alot better. They have tried to be too clever with it, hence making it worse and less user friendly.

* Finances - You are given wage budgets and transfer budgets that dont co exist with your current structure of the club. For example you will be way under your wage budget and transfer budget but your club will be losing around 1 million a month.

* Game difficulty - In FM2010 a have rarely had to rattle my brains with regards to tactics, i set up a couple tactics last season and finished a respectful 7th with Fulham. This is my second season and im 3rd after 30 games (above Man utd, Man City, Liverpool etc) and i just feel im progressing too quickly compared to FM2009.

* Fans result reaction - Ok this has become far too annoying, after every game you either get they are happy or disappointed (happy when you win, disappointed when you lose). For example i went away to Manchester United, battled very hard but lost 1-0 and they were disappointed with the result. Also your player could play brilliant every week but when he has one bad game, the fans state that someone else should have played instead.

* Fans player sales reaction - Every player you more or less sell the fans are very unhappy about. I had Hangeland and Dempsey demand transfers in the first season, which i sold and got very good prices but the fans were unhappy i sold them. Also out of contract players who myself and my assistant believed were not good enough for the team (1 star rating) i released but the fans are horrified about it.

Overall i dont dislike the game, i just hoped it would have progressed in other ways rather than just the in game pitch. I have tried to like FM2010 but if i'm truely honest i prefer FM2009 but thats just a personal view.

I agree heavily with the fan reaction to results and player sales I would rather they hadn't implemented it into the game because it is always the same, never interesting and quite annoying in all honesty.

The transfer system is ridiculous, you have to pay silly money for decentish players and when clubs come in for my best players most of the time they offer less than their current value which is extremely annoying.

I agree heavily with the fan reaction to results and player sales I would rather they hadn't implemented it into the game because it is always the same, never interesting and quite annoying in all honesty.

The transfer system is ridiculous, you have to pay silly money for decentish players and when clubs come in for my best players most of the time they offer less than their current value which is extremely annoying.

I have Leo who is classed as 'important first team player ' (4/5 stars) according to my assistant. Manchester United, Barcelona and number other teams have offered 7 million which is a joke so ive rejected. Ive been searching for a replacement but every similar quality player the team wants 20 million. Now the player is unhappy and wants to be transfer listed, my team are unhappy that Leo hasnt been sold but for 7 million i either have to buy an average player or train a player for a couple years to get to Leo's current standard. Ive even stated i will accept 15 million but the teams still only offer 7 million...

I have two major concerns with football manager 2010.

the first being that if you have not read TT&F 2009 you probibly wont understand the new tactis layout, but most importantly i hate the fact that they have put the user manual on line. SI must pesume that all users of the game have acces to the internet 100% of the time. i often work in remote area's overseas for months on end so being able to get on line is just not possible. they may have done it for the enviroment to save paper or somthing like that but i still dont like it.

I dont like how you no longer get to add all players from countries you want without having that league running

One thing I really, really hate is the goal nets. They look awful! :O

Back