Pezman123

Reaction score
In a 4-1-2-2-1. ive got Anchor man at CDM and the 2 CM im stuck for what sort of players to have?

Most people have AP attack - DLP support.

is this the best then?

I use a CM - S and AP - A, makes it more solid than having a DLP

likely be too much space between the players and they won't be able to support each other.

likely be too much space between the players and they won't be able to support each other.

what would you advise then?

atm im thinking this:

DLF attack
IF attack - Winger attack
CM attack - CM support
Anchor
WB support - BPD defend - BPD defend - WB support
GK

what would you advise then?

atm im thinking this:

DLF attack
IF attack - Winger attack
CM attack - CM support
Anchor
WB support - BPD defend - BPD defend - WB support
GK

Depends on what you are trying to do, and how you play. You mention roles, but not Philosophy.

Depends on what you are trying to do, and how you play. You mention roles, but not Philosophy.

im playing with southampton, about to start pre season for 2nd season, ive got quite alot of good players, so im going for a:

fluid
control
shorter
more expressive
press more
more aggressive
zonal
float (i find it alot better)
more roaming

im going to leave the d-line and tempo either how they are, or have both of them on 1 up from normal, so the very first slide across onto push up and quick.
time wasting rarely.

im still stuck on the width and where to focus passing, i dunno wether to have it narrow and through the middle or wide and down the flanks? :S

im not sure about counter attack.
no offside.
probaly no playmaker.
probaly target man striker (mixed)

leave all player insructions standard apart from all long shots rarely and BPD through balls sometimes.

im playing with southampton, about to start pre season for 2nd season, ive got quite alot of good players, so im going for a:

fluid
control
shorter
more expressive
press more
more aggressive
zonal
float (i find it alot better)
more roaming

im going to leave the d-line and tempo either how they are, or have both of them on 1 up from normal, so the very first slide across onto push up and quick.
time wasting rarely.

im still stuck on the width and where to focus passing, i dunno wether to have it narrow and through the middle or wide and down the flanks? :S

im not sure about counter attack.
no offside.
probaly no playmaker.
probaly target man striker (mixed)

leave all player insructions standard apart from all long shots rarely and BPD through balls sometimes.

any tips?

You have 2 wingbacks, 2 advanced wingers/inside forwards and 2 CMs (attack and support), so probs best to leave focus passing as Mixed and I wouldn't bother about Counter Attack as you have a fluid/control style with shorter passing.

Also, the wider you set the team up, the better (generally speaking) individual player's technique and passing skills need to be with the short passing and high(ish) tempo game you have set. Leave the width roughly equal to tempo if you aren't confident in your team's passing & technique, increase width if you are (just as a rough guide).

You have 2 wingbacks, 2 advanced wingers/inside forwards and 2 CMs (attack and support), so probs best to leave focus passing as Mixed and I wouldn't bother about Counter Attack as you have a fluid/control style with shorter passing.

Also, the wider you set the team up, the better (generally speaking) individual player's technique and passing skills need to be with the short passing and high(ish) tempo game you have set. Leave the width roughly equal to tempo if you aren't confident in your team's passing & technique, increase width if you are (just as a rough guide).

ok thanks mate, so what roles would you advise for the 2 CMs?

ok thanks mate, so what roles would you advise for the 2 CMs?

That kind of depends on who your players are, and the overall balance (and, as Mike puts it, Philosophy) of your team, unless you are going to buy in players to fulfill specific roles to balance out your philosophy.

For example, it's a bad idea to have an AP attack set in your tactic if a) you then try to use a ball winning midfielder in the position; and b) a Box to Box midfielder would actually be better suited to your tactic than an AP.

Tactical testing will give you the answer, experiment with different roles and start your season once you are happy.