Applying for higher jobs

Mosconi

Reaction score
My mate and i were getting a little bored with our old save so we thought we would start having challenges against each other.

So the first challenge was that we would take over Blue Square Premier teams and would try and get to europe as quick as possible. Now this could mean staying with the Blue Square team or applying for new jobs and getting better teams.

What i am concerned about is getting the boot from my team for applying for a different job.

I'm with Oxford and after getting up thru the playoffs i'm doing well in league two but what would be a realistic job to apply for that i'm probably going to get?

QPR (in the championship) were about to sack their manager and i was asked by the press whether i would be interested in the job? I said YES, upset the board, then didn't get the job anyway. So what would be a realistic job to apply for? League One?

Well....not quite,getting a job depends on a lot of faactors really and sometimes it can get weird like for eg. I won the Treble with Valencia in successive seasons but did not get the Man Utd job when I applied for it and once I got saced by Wales in my first season but got the Arsenal job soon after

I suppose the easy way to know is if your managerial reputation matches the reputation of the club you want to join - If your rep is 'Regional' you probably won't get a job at a club whose rep is 'National'. There's probably someone about who has more info in detail for you :)

Yeah that too but as I have said it really depends on your luck also so the best is to make no comment to the Press and then apply for the job

I'd say a team in the bottom, to middle of the next league up. Hard to say exactly which team though as im not familiar with anything below League 1.

i won the championship with portsmouth (unbeaten) then resigned because inter milan wanted me after sacking benitez :)

started with auto rep as well

I suppose the easy way to know is if your managerial reputation matches the reputation of the club you want to join - If your rep is 'Regional' you probably won't get a job at a club whose rep is 'National'. There's probably someone about who has more info in detail for you :)

This makes sense.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

What rep. did you start with?

Automatic, thats the only rep i ever start with.

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

How do i find out the reputation of my club?

information screen

i was manager of Kildare County in Ireland. Took them form the bottom of the irish 2nd division with 0points halways through the league, to being Irish 1st division champions 3 seasons later. Got offered the Man Utd job when Fergie retired. Never really worked out the reason why sometimes I get the jobs I apply for, and why I dont get them other times. I believe it also has something to do with which team you have as you're favourite team

I won the League 2 with Bradford and was offered a job by Portsmouth at the end of the first season itself. But I started with Professional experience, otherwise this wouldn't have happened. The media rumour was very specific about this - they wanted someone with footballing experience. My reputation still stayed National.

In the second season, I managed to get Portsmouth to 11th position. My reputation still stayed National. Fergie retired this season but I wasn't even among the possibles to take over the reins after him.

In the third season, I managed to win the EPL and the League Cup with Portsmouth and the results were astonishing - my reputation jumped from National to World Class and I had job offers from Napoli, FC Bayern and then from Man Utd itself. So I guess it comes down to reputation. Also, I think that if the press rumour lists you as the favourite to get the job, then you will probably get it.

Its all down to reputation at the end of the day- I was managing Havant & Waterlooville, after getting them promoted into the Blue Square Premier. We was in the thick of a relegation battle, and I got a job offer from Man City oO)

Plus, I've been sacked for applying for jobs at other clubs. Not sure what club I was at, but it has happened :O

Its all down to reputation at the end of the day- I was managing Havant & Waterlooville, after getting them promoted into the Blue Square Premier. We was in the thick of a relegation battle, and I got a job offer from Man City oO)

Plus, I've been sacked for applying for jobs at other clubs. Not sure what club I was at, but it has happened :O

That happens because the fans dislike your disloyalty to the club by applying somewhere else. ^^)