Broyston

Reaction score
Just noticed this and wondered if it is part of the game, a bug, or it it the same in real life. Just in the January transfer window in my 3rd season (as Liverpool), and finally some decent players are having their contracts expire in the summer, already got Diarra signed up. But I cannot approach to sign any players in England, only abroad, this means that whilst Bayern Munich have just offered a contract to Nasri, I can't do a thing about it, apart from make an offer to Arsenal in the usual way. Is this a bug, I thought you could apporach to sign any player whose contract is expiring, regardless of where they play?

no it's not a bug english clubs cannot approach to sign a player from an english club till he has got one month left on his contract.

you will have to try and sign him for a cut down price if Bayern are interested.

Clubs in England can't sign players from other clubs in England until a month before their contract runs out.

Blimey, did not know that!!!! How long has that been the case? I have been able to approach to sign domestic players before in FM, although the last version I played was CM03/04, so I am guessing it is a fairly recent rule.

Blimey, did not know that!!!! How long has that been the case? I have been able to approach to sign domestic players before in FM, although the last version I played was CM03/04, so I am guessing it is a fairly recent rule.

henry. first season on jan 1st. always. :p