• Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 4K

Is it a good replacement

• Yay

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Nay

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters
aquilani: isn't he the italy u21s captain. don't quote me on it, but if he's at that level and he's 25, that's not too good
i think your seriously confused. he only has 11 caps though 2 goals but the competition for the italian midfield is probably fierce.

Aquilaini will, mostly likely next season, prove to be good business for Liverpool!
He's been Italy's 'next big thing' for a while now, and has shown his class whenever I've watched him.
However, he'll never replace Alonso, who in my book, was up there with Gerrard, Fabregas, Essien, Lampard, Carrick, etc as the elite midfielders in the league,
Therefore, in my opinion, its a backwards step for Liverpool... but only slightly.

well in rle life i dont think its good that we got rid off alonso but on fm aquilani is doing the business for me :)

Aquilani injury prone the last few seasons,even misses start of season due to injury lol

Aquilaini will, mostly likely next season, prove to be good business for Liverpool!
He's been Italy's 'next big thing' for a while now, and has shown his class whenever I've watched him.
However, he'll never replace Alonso, who in my book, was up there with Gerrard, Fabregas, Essien, Lampard, Carrick, etc as the elite midfielders in the league,
Therefore, in my opinion, its a backwards step for Liverpool... but only slightly.

The problem was that Alonso tied us into a certain style of play because of how he plays best (ie receiving the ball deep and then looking for a long pass). I think Lucas suffered a little bit because this is the role he had to play for the team when Alonso was absent and that obviously isn't Lucas' game. I think we'll see Liverpool playing with only one deep lying midfielder now, with the other midfielder pushing up more and carrying the ball higher up the pitch. Slightly different way of playing but closer to the philosophy Rafa believes in. Sacchi gave an interview recently where he made similar points - interestingly he also says that Arsenal are very close to 'clicking' but aren't as effective in the attack as Liverpool because they have taken the short passing too far.

Back