Are Billionaires ruining our beautiful game?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 63
  • Views Views 5K

JP Woody

Reaction score
What is football coming to? I think clubs who don't have these billionaire owners should break away and let the billionaire clubs battle it out between themselves.
Football is selling its soul out and the working class fan out.
After getting over the initial disappointment of Boro getting relegated im actually getting excited for the new season.Going to the old fashioned grounds,3pm Saturday kick offs,honest players giving a 100% will bring back good memory's for me, before Sky and Billionaire owners took our game away.

Last edited:
Your right, working class football fans have been priced out, I cant afford 800 plus for a season ticket, and I cant afford 40 per game.
Even If could I would never pay it

I agree mate but think your sadly mistaken if you think players in lower leagues give 100%

my advice is get a time machine set it to 1972

absolutely agree money and billionaires are ruining the game there is no loyalty any more its just money i think even in the premiership most of the clubs outside the top 4 might as well be feeder clubs because if they get a good player the billionair clubs just come in with an offer they cant refuse and there future is sold just look for instance at wigan they have lost there manager and are going to lose there best player so they will probably struggle next season and gareth barry said he would stay at villa if they qualified for europe untill billionaires man city offered to double his wages and now they are sniffing around lescott and sadly to say he will probaly go. For me when rooney left for man utd thats when i realized there is no loyalty any more and money talks:(

no, no, no, this money is making the game better, more exciting best players in the world playing in england, skillful players and just brilliant to watch,

i would rather watch robinho, eto(maybe), ronaldo, torres, fabregas, drogba, then not, this i because of money

wot about it, we got an itailan in charge, he is winning so there is no complaining. our players are getting players as they are learning from the foreign players, or playing them everyweek so they are not tht much of a surprise when we face them in national team.

Does it not matter that there arent that many good English player. And hardly any actual English youngsters. I mean who was the last good indigenous English player

well lets me see, oh yer last good english player, well how about wayne rooney who has come on leaps and bounds under sir alex ferguson and united foriegn coaching staff and players all made possible by money to sign him, pay wages and to pay coaches, so money is improving football

Iknew you would say Rooney because he is the first one that comes to mind. Though he is part Irish I'll let you have that.

Your right, working class football fans have been priced out, I cant afford 800 plus for a season ticket, and I cant afford 40 per game.
Even If could I would never pay it

trust me mate the prices are absoulote bullocks

Well in the English Premier League, money has ruined it.

Remember when Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal were the forces who had long term players? They won trophy after trophy to get their money and that was what seperated them from the rest

Chelsea FC started the "ruining" of EPL for me. Chelsea bought their way into the "top 4" and had no history. This has led teams such as Manchester City to be taken over by bazillionaires too..

I would rather watch the flair of Roy Keane or the leadership of Steven Gerrard or (as much as it kills me) the prolific scoring of Henry than the Robhino's / Ronaldo's / Ribery's / Pato's.

Nowerdays.. people think the only way of getting into the champions league is injecting loads of money into clubs.. i feel sorry for clubs such as Everton/spurs/aston villa now due to this ludicrous chain of money.

Yes,

Billianaires have ruined the premierleague as soon as they arrived the english league should be dominated by english player but its totally the opposite way round its dominated by foreigh players.

premierleague should have mostly english players then spanish have spanish players and so on..

even though they have ruined football im not gonna stop watching it.

i agree the wages and fee clubs are paying players is just stupid now £80m for a player yes hes a good player but worth the money (thinking in a real world way) i highly doubt, i also agree the working class (who football was aimed at) are being priced out, my local club plymouth argyle (although run by some one who seems to forgot what the fans want) charge £425 a season ticket, which is honestly stupid we had an average attendance of 13k last season, the football we played was terrible and we deserved to be playing in league 1 this season but we got lucky and are still in the champ, and i honestly thought "o we nearly got relegated and had shocking attendance i guess they will drop prices" i was wrong and we aint even owned by a billionaire

no, no, no, this money is making the game better, more exciting best players in the world playing in england, skillful players and just brilliant to watch,

i would rather watch robinho, eto(maybe), ronaldo, torres, fabregas, drogba, then not, this i because of money[/QUOTE]

i understand what your saying and yes they are good players but just about all of them are motivated by money,fast cars,designer clothes,nightclubs etc(with the possible exception of torres) instead of passion and pride to be playing for some of the greatest football teams in the world.Every one who has registered on here and anyone who loves the game,would definetly swap places with these type of players and play for nothing.If you open the paper all you see is Cristiano Ronaldo partying in LA with Paris Hilton,Robinho having arguments with his manager,who is also his employer and the likes of drogba,ronaldo,robinho diving week in and week out and no-one is doing anything to stop it.Have you ever seen Steven Gerrard partying till early morning when he has training the next day.no.never.So how can you say you would rather watch the likes of ronaldo dive around for an hour and half than actually watch real footballers.

you know the only people that say they havent, will be supporters of clubs who have been taking over....chelsea, real madrid, city, not so much liverpool at the moment with their debt:P

Last edited:
you know the only people that say they havent, will be supporters of clubs who have been taking over....chelsea, united, real madrid, chelsea, city, not so much liverpool at the moment with their debt:P

actually dude, United were richer before the Glaziers came in.. so it really hasnt helped united

aha you know what just before you submitted that message i was about to edit my statment to change the united one, as the glaziers have actually messed united up. aha will be changing that now

i agree that it is ruining the game as lets say you have two teams one team always beats the other and wins everything fairly then the other gets taken over, buys better players and then wins all the time

pretty unfair on teams that have had to make their money rather than just get it for nothing

Back