Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Nowak

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked already, or if its in the wrong section, feel free to abuse me and then point me in the correct direction!

I am just wondering about Current Ability and Potential Ability, and their relation to players stats.

For example, two players have a CA of 150 and a PA of 180, One I will refer to as Player A and one I will refer to as player B.

Now both player A and B have the CA of 150, Could it be possible for player A to have stats that are all 15, and player B to have stats that are all 17?

And as they both have a PA of 180, does that mean because player B has higher stats at CA 150, he will also be better at CA 180 when he reaches it?

Or is CA related to the amount of stats that can be allocated... therefore player A and player B would have roughly the same stats?

I hope this is clear, It seems like a mess in my head, so whether I typed it into sense or not, I shall let you judge!!

I'll give an answer to the question I think you asked (sorry if it is wrong). As I understand it CA distributes attribute points to your player, e.g a striker would have 150 worth of points spread between his attributes. If his PA is 180 then that 30 points difference is the amount that his attributes can increase by. Therefore I do not think a player with CA of 150 could have everything 17 and another with the same CA 15. However players of same CA and position (e.g. Striker and CA of 150) could have their attributes spread in vastly different ways. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that one striker could have finishing and composure of 17 and the other finishing and composure of 3. The striker with 3 would have higher attributes elsewhere. Which is why although hugely important ingame, CA and PA are not the be all and end all of a players ability. Soz for the long answer. Hope this helps.

thats a good answer! you actually understood what I was asking! so thank you!

Very helpful cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.