Are Celtic chasing the yen?

kevdo

Reaction score
Just asking you Celtic fans opinions on lawell and his yearning for money in the Asian Market,apart from Nakamura and possibly the young south Korean Ki sung yeung is the team suffering because of the likes of Zheng Zi and Koki Mizuno?
A bit strange on Ki's 1st start the 2 mentioned above were also in the team?

i was at Ki's debut, and he was pretty solid actually! His free kicks were excellent! Also, if you remember, Zhi's debut was against Rangers at ibrox, and he was probably our best player! Don't rate Koki, but the two others are actually good players.

I think they are doing it mosly for the money. Mizuna has barely had a chance to prove himself. Either give him it or let him move on. Zeng Zhi was clearly only for the revenue it would gain us but Ki I'm quite happy with considering he was Asian young player of the year he should be a good prospect.

i was at Ki's debut, and he was pretty solid actually! His free kicks were excellent! Also, if you remember, Zhi's debut was against Rangers at ibrox, and he was probably our best player! Don't rate Koki, but the two others are actually good players.

Wasn't giving Ki a hard time mate,I think he'll turn out pretty good but the point I'm making with regards to Zheng Zi is he's the type signing I expect us to make since we're the bones of our **** but Celtic have the money to buy better players than him?
It's also not they're 1st attempt at the Chinese Market,remember Du Wei?
With the money you have in the bank there should be better players coming in than the current crop that's there?

I think the thing with Celtic is we are tight. A couplr of seasons ago we couldve siged Craig Bellamy for £6Milion but opted out as it was too much. Then to go and spend £4.4 Million on Scott Brown, £4Million on Fortune and £3Million Loovens shows that who ever runs things for us in the transfer marked is a ******.

Couldn't believe they wouldn'tstump up the cash for Bellamy,let's face it 6million for him was a ******* steal!
Honestly it's total polar opposites with old firm,we were too ambitious for our ***** little league and Celtic are totally devoid of ambition, you could blow us out the water with signings but it's jst not happening! Hoiveld,Ki,Rasmussan? Hardly strikes fear I'm afraid?

@ thread title - zoom zoom

Dont see anything wrong with it. So far we've signed:

Naka: Great player
Zhi: In for the short term, good cover can play mid/def and has done well when played
Dave (Ki): Looked good on his debut, is Asian young player of the year
Koki: Hes on a very small wage, although I think its time to move him on, looks decent enough technically but hes far far far to lightweight for the British game.
Du Wei: The one bad signing, but it was only a loan, and we got shot so cant complain really.

in short, as long as the players add something or arent on a massive wage/transfer fee I see nothing wrong with it.