kai18

Reaction score
In my save i have a very young team,oldest player is Howedes who is 27,i have a great group of young players (Schalke) like Draxler,Meyer,Goretzka as well a few great regens,but they're underperforming,surprisingly Draxler and Meyer have been my worst players so far this season,i'm always talking to them after games if they haven't performed,but i was wondering if it's important in FM to have experience?

My experience with FM is, you need a player that could heavily influence games with his mere presence on the pitch, typically players with fairly leadership, teamwork and determination. Without a leader, my team seems to struggle mightily and make a fair amount of mistakes.

In my opinion, YES. To give you an example I was struggling on the Bundesliga on the 3rd season with Dortmund. Having won the bundesliga the first season and lost it to bayern the second one. The moment I signed Mertesacker (19 composure, 16 leadership, 20 concentration, 20 anticipation and 20 positioning) All key attributes for a central defender, my team became extremely solid and I stopped dropping stupid *** points.
Since the bundesliga is not a physical as the BPL and its more technical you can try to get someone who has the experience mentally so he can help you manage the strings in the middle or the defense, or a old deadly striker like Huntelaar or Mario Gomez.
Keep in mind that age does not always mean more experienced players. There are young players that mentally will achieve the things you expect from an older world class player.
Hope I helped you.

Yes - Bring in Conca/Montillo and smell the difference.

Yes, I have a very young Celtic team, average age 23~, but I have a few players always on the park who have great mental stats, Forster, Madlung (34, and still going strong), Boerrigter, Shinnie.

I think having experienced players is possibly the most important thing in FM, so yeah... lol

I think having experienced players is possibly the most important thing in FM, so yeah... lol

Not Really. The average age of my team is around 25. And I? haven't had much problems, et all.

@OP, Experienced players are vital though, if not for anything else, for tutoring.

I'm in same boat oldest player 27, challenging for promotion to the premiership with Southend, I don't agree, my captain is 20 year old belgium regen all top rating where it matters..