pokiuki123

Reaction score
Are friendlies a good way to make money for lower league clubs if they are played against high rep sides?

Yes. Just look out for teams demanding high fees for turning up.

Ok thanks, been playing midseason friendlies with my GIF Nike side using the reserves. Wasn't sure if it was worth the hassle but it sounds like it is :) However, i did just lose 11-1 to Malmo and they had 52 shots :D

i always play against bigger rep clubs when im a small club, i try get as many as i could during the season aswell great wee boost to the club coffers lol..

you can make anywhere between 250-750k in money with pre-season friendlies, it might not get put in your budget this season but will help with running cost and next season you will get bigger budgets

Just watch out the fee paid and the expected turnover. In my games with Crewe and my journeywoman in Portugal lower league I'm finding that much bigger teams tend to ask a lot and in the end it's more profitable to pick similar reputation. I think it was Tottenham who asked more money than turnover expected for a preseason friendly, others had a margin of €10K profit, while Oldham was around €75K profit.

With those bigger teams you can see if your board would allow to play them away, but at least in lower leagues they use to refuse.

If you are using the Level 9+ add-on, they are essential if you want to start bringing serious money in.

I am playing as Leatherhead on this add-on and I have raked in big money against Brentford Reserves, Crystal Palace U18s and Millwall U18s in pre-season. Although my transfer budget hasn't budged...