Are re-gens still a thing?

MRCX

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
Since I've had a break from FM before coming back to FM20, I was wondering, are re-gens still a thing?
In my saves up to this point, it hasn't really come up, since I was either in very low divisions or playing without real players for a change.
So newgen-scouting is something I got down, but I was wondering - are there still your classic re-gens? Like, when Messi retires, can I expect an argentine wonderkid to show up in Barca's youth?

If things have changed in regards to that, would you mind telling me how it currently is?

Hello everyone!
Since I've had a break from FM before coming back to FM20, I was wondering, are re-gens still a thing?
In my saves up to this point, it hasn't really come up, since I was either in very low divisions or playing without real players for a change.
So newgen-scouting is something I got down, but I was wondering - are there still your classic re-gens? Like, when Messi retires, can I expect an argentine wonderkid to show up in Barca's youth?

If things have changed in regards to that, would you mind telling me how it currently is?

Nah the "regen" thing went years ago, probably around ten years ago?

Have a look at this post, explains about how they are created. https://community.sigames.com/topic/500635-youth-intake-in-fm20/?tab=comments#comment-12103524