Tyrannosaurus

Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm starting a Southampton save and just wondered what you thought about the following signings that I may make. If you think I could make better signings please say who. So far I am looking at. I'm using LF Marshalls latest update and have about £25mil

Jack Butland
Gaston Ramirez
Kara (If he'll get Work permit)
Joe Newell
Vinicius
Leandro Moura
Zaha
Redmond (They want £23 Million)
Lucas Andersen
Lenny Nangis
Erick Torres
Ryan Tunnicliffe

You're thinking too much about attack and should definitively lean more towards defensive players. If you get Kara that's a good start but you should look for one or two more, both centreback and a ball-winner type, someone that can sub for Jack Cork. Other than that Lenny Nangis and Erick Torres are good options if you can get them both. Redmon ain't worth £23m in my opinion and in my Southampton save, United got him for like £5.5m mid-season.

And unless you can get Butland for a really good price, just drop it. Focus more on cheap goalkeepers in their prime that can actually hold their own in the PL and save you a point or two.

I'd also suggest you to look for free transfers. I brought in Paul Scharner to both tutor and add some depth to the squad and he's been very consistent and solid in my games.

So yeah, in short. I'd suggest you get maybe two-three forwards (striker and wingers) and focus the rest of your budget on the backbone of your team - fullbacks, centrebacks and central midfielders. Both Jay Rodriguez and Billy Sharp ain't that bad and has actually been on fire for me with 12 goals in 12 apps so far in the league.

Thanks for your reply guys

I'm struggling to get him (Ramirez) to agree. Lol. Ok then. I have go Zaha and Leandro in so far. Any decent centrebacks

i haven't really found any on LFC's update that are cheap, how about okore? he was decent, about 19 year old and only cost about 1m in 12.2 update

michael ballack? he should be a free, no idea if he'll come to you though

Ramirez just signed! £12m Immediate fee with a **** load of add ons. :) Suprised he came but whoo!

also Henrique on a free, dunno if he'll come but he might be worth checking out

Hey guys, i'm starting a Southampton save and just wondered what you thought about the following signings that I may make. If you think I could make better signings please say who. So far I am looking at. I'm using LF Marshalls latest update and have about £25mil

Jack Butland
Gaston Ramirez
Kara (If he'll get Work permit)
Joe Newell
Vinicius
Leandro Moura
Zaha
Redmond (They want £23 Million)
Lucas Andersen
Lenny Nangis
Erick Torres
Ryan Tunnicliffe

Ive written a few posts now about Southampton

I'd recommend the following who achieved the champions league and EPL

Must haves as they still do the business year after year
Bressan - loads of assists
Mapou Yanga Mbiwa will cover LB CB and RB
Lenny Nangis becomes a deadly left winger assists and goals
darwin quintreo - goal machine
maicon - goal machine
Tim Krul becomes world class goalie
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain amazing right winger - goals and assists
Rafael Tolói will join whilst in the championship and will take you a long way in the EPL
Niang goal machine
Fernando - DM comes on loan
Sébastien Corchia world class RB - now can be had for 5 million
Carlos Fierro WP problems buy eventually can be had - goal machine
Andrea Bertolacci world class playmaker CM goals and assists

good luck!

paul robinson - free
wellington nem - about 3.5m
john mensah - free
nigel reo-coker - free
ricardo (goalkeeper) - very old but free
ze roberto - again old but free

ive seen alot of posts about this darwin quintreo but when i search his name it comes up as 'no results'? can anyone help please?