are top scouts really doing their jobs propley?

james1984

Reaction score
im currently chelsea and i have a top scout with top scouting stats of 20 for scouting potential and 19 for scouting ability his name is piet de visser and im scouting the hot young player everyone is talking about vaclav kadlec. my scouts along with bryan robson who is alos a good scout dont rate him as highly as everyone is saying and i just wanted to know why my scouts are not shouting from the rooftops for me to sign him

can anybody help???

they dont have good knowledge of the country

Adaptability, determination and to some extent, tactical knowledge are just as important as judging player ability and potential. The scouts knwoledge of the nation is also highly important.

'Bryan Robson thinks Kadlecs potential could lead to him becoming a leading premier league striker in the future'

Good enough for me...

Last edited:
It's because they are comparing his potential to the ability of Drogba, one of the best strikers in the world. It still says he will become a leading premier league forward....

thanks ill try and scout him with a scout with more knowledge of the area i never realised that would have such a big impact of my scouts ability. good these forums for learning :)

When i was scouting him for Barcelona he wasnt rated as good as Bojan
But had the potential to be similar to David Villa

also told he would be a leading striker to La Liga teams

Scouts arent always right as stated above =)

Just buy him, you know he's good from what everyone has said on here, and he wont set you back a whole lot of money

yes they are ;) as mentioned above, just remember, that they compare it to the best player in your squad in the same position, so if yours is Drogba he would be what he is now, if it was someone like Matt Derbyshire, it would possibly be 4 stars or more as he is better than Matt... scouts are there for a reason, the more times you scout the player the more information you discover...

any idea what kind of age kadlec starts becoming a regular goalscorer in the premier league? he's really poor for my birmingham team first season, worried about his v.low composure (8).

It is also affected by your position. A good player for Chelsea is a great player for Lazio. Hence, your star is also affected by that.
In addition, your scouts can be wrong sometimes... As predicting player's future is again... prediction.