Are we ever going to break the match engine on FM 17?

• Thread starter Thread starter argidiot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 24K

argidiot

Reaction score
There are some great tactics out there who play beautiful football etc. However, what I've noticed is that it's practically impossible to keep a clean sheet, and it also happens very often that when you lead with 2-3 goals the opposition team comes back.

Most of the goals conceived comes from the flanks. No matter what tactic you use that's where you often conceive goals. Now, we are in mid january 2017 and there's still no tactic out there that you get feeling you're going to dominate. You may win some games in a row and play great football but there's always one setback just waiting to happen.

Don't get me wrong,I like the way they've done the ME for this year so the game doesn't get exploited as easily. But I also miss the days where you could plug in a tactic, sit back and just destroy every opposition.

Does anyone really Want to break the ME!! , As it is Supposed to be a Football management simulation and football in Real life does exactly what the Game produces IMO !

Yes, it's more realistic this way. But yes, I'm also ******, as I'm unable (no matter what) to keep a clean sheet after leading by 2-3 goals. You just get overrun trough the flanks, cross and goal, no matter what. I mean if you are a top, top team you can probably do it, but with an average team, impossible. With FM2016 was easier.

Do we Want the game to be easier !? Not for me , I enjoy trying to beat the ME every single game

I totaly agree with you guys... even with top teams is impossible to keep a cleen sheet.i am always getting very nervuos from 75 minute couse in those last 15min definetly something gonna happen and its 80% you gonna concede... even contain mentality not helping! Another thing what is really anoying at this time that no matter what are you managing... real madrid or salford but you gonna miss a lot of penaltys! Once ive missed 2 in one game, and another one in next two games managing west ham! Unbelieeble! And away games is really really hard! Usualy when away game coming iam already preparing myself for lose or draw....

TheDuke's Park the bus tactic is very solid defensively. But then again, some people don't like it because it doesn't score enough goals for them. It's all a question of balance, just like the real game. If you say you keep conceding when 2 or 3 goals up, sounds to me like your tactic is too attack minded. One simple change you could try, is to change mentality when you're 2 goals up, to defend or contain. Might help.

You need to know what tactic to use for your team, for ex. :
Watford - you don`t go for a 4231, you go for a 5-2-1-2 or something like that, they have the players for that.
Same with Hull, go for the same tactics.
WBA, Everton, W Ham, Stoke,Bournemouth: you go with a 4-1-2-2-1 or 4-2-3-1, they have the wingers and the mids for that.
With big teams, you can go all the way with any tactic, just look at what kind of players you have and buid from that!

I havent got a SS, but I went almost 20 games without conceeding with Pompey in the championship

TheDuke's Park the bus tactic is very solid defensively. But then again, some people don't like it because it doesn't score enough goals for them. It's all a question of balance, just like the real game. If you say you keep conceding when 2 or 3 goals up, sounds to me like your tactic is too attack minded. One simple change you could try, is to change mentality when you're 2 goals up, to defend or contain. Might help.

This. Atm there are no tactic where you win 6-0 every time. But then again I don't understand the desire to win 6-0 every time. Why not play tennis?

I think we need a balanced match engine where we won't concede by extremely stupid gk or defender behavior and strikers will not miss dead easy chances rather than a broken engine where a tactic can easily exploit.

This will proved the match engine is quite broken if it happens in year 2016/2017 with the original Newcastle squad but...

its not breaking the match engine thats important, its exploiting the weaknesses in the teams you are playing against.

but 1st season woes?

View attachment 109523 View attachment 109522 View attachment 109521

downloading tactics to "win" is much less rewarding than playing properly, just ask guardiola, the patch broke his tactic too

Last edited:
Back