LampardsLegs

Reaction score
Just an inquiry, how long does it normally take everyone to complete a full season on the full game? This is the only thing that has stopped me from doing a really long game this year. A full season just takes too long to get through. Don't think I've gone more than 5 years in whereas on older versions I've gone 20 seasons or more. I think all the extra features this year may have made it like this. I'll never go over to FMC but I seem to remember Miles saying that a season on there takes 8-10 hours.

It takes me about a week to do a season, but to some people that is probably slow as well.

With instant result mode I can do a season in about 3 hours on FMC

With instant result mode I can do a season in about 3 hours on FMC
With instant result does it still class as you managing? I have holidayed the last month of seasons before and my assistant manager has won the manager of the month not me!
All depends, like if your into your regens some people spend hours looking at all the new regens every march

About three weeks probably on average. That is obviously mainly a function of how often I play FM. Generally I complete a season much quicker than I used to in FM11 (I skipped FM12) thanks to the Comprehensive highlights mode. In FM11 I watched nearly every match on Full Match mode because I felt I missed too much on Extended. Comprehensive is a perfect balance for me.

With instant result does it still class as you managing? I have holidayed the last month of seasons before and my assistant manager has won the manager of the month not me!
All depends, like if your into your regens some people spend hours looking at all the new regens every march
Yea counts as you managing them. Its better than holidaying as you can set match plans that allow changes in setup during the game based on the score and what minute to allow subs

Yea counts as you managing them. Its better than holidaying as you can set match plans that allow changes in setup during the game based on the score and what minute to allow subs
i have never played fmclassic but after reading about your mega journey with Balls would you recommend it? What would you say is better/worse about it?

i have never played fmclassic but after reading about your mega journey with Balls would you recommend it? What would you say is better/worse about it?
Best is the speed. I always hated team talk, press conferences, even player interactions as they just slowed the game. If i only have a couple of hours to play FM I don't want to spend most of it interacting with half the planet.

Worst is probably a lack of input into player training. You can set team training just like full version and players train based on their role in the team (poacher, sweeper keeper etc) but you can't focus on one individual attribute like composure or pace.

Give it a try one day when you know you are only going to get an hour or so of FM time

At the risk of sounding like the rich kid, if you can afford it get an iMac - with the added memory options from purchase. Even with the fully immersive game world that I like to set-up for my FM games (English leagues down to Level 12, top two divisions across major European leagues, Scandinavian, South American leagues, plus Mexican and MLS with the large player database etc) the processing time between matches, while the computer calculates results and events from around the game world, is next to nothing compared to the ordeal I put my old PC laptop through with FM11.

The game rates my computer's graphic processor at the full 5 stars. The matchday animation is as fluid as the programmers intended it to be (although flawed by dodgy AI as addressed in another thread) and I can even put the game into windowed mode and play music and video from iTunes, YouTube, BBC iPlayer etc at the same time without affecting the functionality of either the game or the other media. I can play, say, QI in a window behind the game, and then just drag the game window out of the way if I want to see what they're actually talking about. I sometimes have to turn off the game's sound though, in order to hear the other media clearly.

I spend much more time actually prepping and playing matches now, rather than waiting for the game to roll around from Thursday to Saturday.

On the Mac you have to buy the game through Steam, so all official patches update automatically. You can still access the relevant files to add new kits, badges etc as I have been doing with this edition.

At the risk of sounding like the rich kid, if you can afford it get an iMac - with the added memory options from purchase. Even with the fully immersive game world that I like to set-up for my FM games (English leagues down to Level 12, top two divisions across major European leagues, Scandinavian, South American leagues, plus Mexican and MLS with the large player database etc) the processing time between matches, while the computer calculates results and events from around the game world, is next to nothing compared to the ordeal I put my old PC laptop through with FM11.

The game rates my computer's graphic processor at the full 5 stars. The matchday animation is as fluid as the programmers intended it to be (although flawed by dodgy AI as addressed in another thread) and I can even put the game into windowed mode and play music and video from iTunes, YouTube, BBC iPlayer etc at the same time without affecting the functionality of either the game or the other media. I can play, say, QI in a window behind the game, and then just drag the game window out of the way if I want to see what they're actually talking about. I sometimes have to turn off the game's sound though, in order to hear the other media clearly.

I spend much more time actually prepping and playing matches now, rather than waiting for the game to roll around from Thursday to Saturday.

On the Mac you have to buy the game through Steam, so all official patches update automatically. You can still access the relevant files to add new kits, badges etc as I have been doing with this edition.

Ah therein lies the dream my friend. Perhaps one day. I do like the idea of being able to play the game with a reasonable amount of leagues loaded. At the moment I load England down to League 2/BSP and Italy, Spain and Germany's top two leagues and it's still slow for me.

Also, loving the fact that there's someone else out there who likes playing FM and watching QI at the same time. BRO.

I figure that if I make myself more intelligent by listening to Stephen Fry, I'll eventually become better at identifying and exploiting the oppo's defensive weaknesses!