Are you enjoying Football Manager 2020?

what was peoples complaints with FM19? i bought them game mid January and loved it. but then again i used 4-4-2 and that formation was a bit too OP. so maybe i did not see the bad side of the game because i was winning a lot. just curious what people did not like about fm19, was it the ME? or something else.

FM is such a mess for way to long now.

FM 19 = play 442 or get fked.
Now in FM 20 they forgot crossing exists in football and for over a month all im looking at is freaking players just booting it long behind the defense. There is 0% chance at getting consistent results because of this bs unless you play with the best team in the league or spending crazy amounts of money.

Also if you get unlucky by this great ME for 2 or 3 games in a row the morale goes down the drain and you need to deal with a losing streak. And you know at some point in the season you will just get screwed over and tumble down the table. Usually a month or 2 before the season is over. I Guess this game is consistent in some way.

It seems horribly broken, so I went back to the last version that wasn't too badly flawed, Fm17. Enjoying it much more simply due to wingers putting crosses in.

They don't seem to be in any hurry to fix it either.
I'm worried that ME in conditions where its almost impossible to fix, simpler to create new one than repair current.
Could be wrong, but if they add new and new patches during years, ME looks like monster of F.

I don't. I feel like there is so much work for me to enjoy it.
I'm waiting for at least one good patch before playing it again. If it stays like that, I can definitely imagine myself not playing it anymore at all.

If there wasn't the instant result button, I wouldnt even play it. ME is that bad.
Same here, since FM19 I only play with instant result. The game is just too crapy to do otherwise.
And even with instant result I can't enjoy FM20. Feels way too random.

Omg, ME ruined some good realistic tactics for me. I create chances, play beautiful (despite sometimes there are long balls only) but its total random will I win 5-1 or lose 0-1. Poor defence, poor finishing. Need to save some tactics and to hold them for 20.3 - still have a little hope about it will be good

Frustratingly we've got the best version ever in terms of general gameplay coupled with the worst ME in recent times, if not ever.

Having seen how good the ME could be (ME2016 build) I am optimistic they will eventually resolve the major flaws - Z

1. Zombie Defender,
  2. Number of 1v1
  3. PinPoint Accurate Long Ball
  4. Vertical Headers from goal-scoring positions
  5. Poor Defensive Headers being the main culprits.

I feel like the company is trying to make it exciting but also realistic. They want to have reasonable scoring matches so they have probably programmed the ME to ensure that regardless of 30+ shots on goal, you will most likely only score around 3 goals.

This can also be seen with the 1v1 situation where you are clean through on goal but the GK will save around 80% of them.

The only reliable way to score this year seems to be from long throws into the box, and also from the ball bobbling around near the penalty box. Both of these cause the GK to be slightly out of ideal position which gives a chance for the attacking team to put it in the net.

Edit: am I enjoying it? I liked playing as my favourite team for about the 50 hours ive played, then it just got super annoying creating great tactics and seeing them go to waste.

A user in the SI forum summarised the problems of the ME very well.
We have:
- strikers who can't score
- defenders who can't defend
- wingers who can't cross but
even in every lower league team we have goalkeepers who can keep like world champions

I have been playing FM games since CM 97. I thought FM 19 was not great but I saw they were trying to change some things so i as patient. FM 2020 is extremely bad. I mean i am winning and so on but the match engine makes the game extremely unenjoyable. It is the first time ever that I find an FM game completely unenjoyable and unplayable. FM 17 was great compared to this one. I really enjoyed playing the game. The funniest thing is that players tend to cross on defenders instead of retaining the ball or just passing. Oh yes, and strikers, even if theya re great do not score one on ones. This ME is a complete joke mates.

How much has the game changed though in the last few years say from 2016 to now? gonna have to see some major improvements especially in the ME if im to buy the next one.

No, like in every other save i've ever done, I always get the long winless/losing runs that ruin my season. Every. Single. Time.

I'd be happy if I could just win one trophy, being **** wouldn't bother me then.

it is garbage how did they beat fifaa manager
it was so much better on many levels
this was my first game by this company and i and requested a refund via steam as it was ****
going back to fifa manager 14 so much better on every level