Are you enjoying Football Manager 2020?

About match engine - it's a new update live right now at the moment. 20.2.0 - seems that it should improve match engine tad a bit.

20.2.0 Changelist
-------------------------
- General stability improvements
- Game performance improvements
- Training happiness and logic changes
- Improvements to newgen second nationality generation
- Tweaks related to board interference with transfers
- Number of tweaks regarding the balance and logic to objectives and club vision
- Number of competitions and rule group fixes, including VAR in Turkey, South American continental competition fixes and Bulgarian league registration
- Scheduling fixes for matches being played in conflict with other tournament fixtures
- Work permit tweaks
- Fixes for Shortcut keys on PC and ‘cmd’ button on Mac
- Number of UI improvements and tweaks
- Fixed issue where sometimes newgen would have red face
- Toned down pitch degradation effect on high-condition pitches
- Less shots from the byline
- Improvements to finishing in clear-cut-chance situations
- Improved through ball decisions in final third

About match engine - it's a new update live right now at the moment. 20.2.0 - seems that it should improve match engine tad a bit.
Has this update now been released?

I hope so they improved match engine much more

I don't know how the game was so good in beta and yet they've totally made an **** of it with each passing update

That's the game shelved until the next update...

Anyone else having huge problems since the update? every new save I create, it don't matter which side I pick to manage, once I have selected the side then pressed continue, the game loads up and it's black screen, I can't press continue or space bar, it's just stuck on the plain screen. I've restarted, I've uninstalled the game, and the same happens time after time. anyone else got this issue? or anyone know how I fix it? this wasn't happening before update.

attached is an image of what i get every single time i load up a saved or new game.
I can click on squad or tactics etc, but i cant press space bar and continue.
anyone know a solution to this? or why it's happening?

Attachments

• 2019-12-10_21-00-39.png
    2019-12-10_21-00-39.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Sure I enjoy seeing my striker missing 5 CCC while AIs scores from his first..

Appears most are liking Fm20, I'm finding it the worst there has been for a long time, very buggy, I've never played so bad and its because there may as well be no wingers or crossing and thats how I play, no one crosses the ****** ball. I'm really disheartened with it this year and I'm nearing the point of turning it off.

Have to admit, this is the worst FM in a long time. I have played 150 hours with tottenham and it has just brought frustration and anger. lucky i have exams soon so i can revise and not even want to play the game.

PLAYERS MISS EVERY ONE ON ONE- Harry kane misses at least 3 every game with 19 finishing. the gameplay is so unrealistic im thinking of playing fifa instead. seeing everybody miss one on ones just ruins the game as it very rarely happens in real life. in one game Kane missed 7. yes 7 one on ones with 19 finishing and 17 composure. he has 15 goals in 25 but it should be 60 goals.

PENALTY MISSES EVEN WORSE. Kane has 20 penalties and has missed 6 out of 8. so i put pogba on them- he started missing. then son on penalties,,,,he missed too. i out my DM Luis with 16 composure....he missed too. nonsense!

honestly the worst fm in a long time. tactics are so inconsistent, ill play and beat aston villa 7-2 then lose to southampton 3-1 with the same lineup and tactics. i won the carabao cup against liverpool 2-1 then same tactic lose to brighton away 4 -0 YESS 4 GOALSS. i played a weaker side but not that weak and still better than brighton. the game is a mess. FM is my all time favourite game and i am totally obsessed but i must admit i am no longer playing this one. anyone suffering like this also? please let me know.

ok here my feedback :

got the game 1 week ago, what I can say is that -->
- when players can cross or pass the ball to score like easy as f***, they do not
- left back and right back can just pass the ball to the striker for a tap-in goal, but no, looks like it does not exist in this game
- a lot 1v1, but looks like the % of miss is like 80%; like a script already set
- Big problem from my own too : I can't resist to buy those wonderkids, every club I go i buy the same players (cherki, gouiri, armini, tolani, esposito, kenneh) and sell all the people over 26 years old like no mercy + failed at recruiting reece james, haaland, todibo always the same begining. Fire all the staff too, recruiting the wonder ones. Different clubs but same staff, same players, same cheated tactic downloaded from here..like I can't build mine

yes I enjoy the game <3

ok here my feedback :

got the game 1 week ago, what I can say is that -->
- when players can cross or pass the ball to score like easy as f***, they do not
- left back and right back can just pass the ball to the striker for a tap-in goal, but no, looks like it does not exist in this game
- a lot 1v1, but looks like the % of miss is like 80%; like a script already set
- Big problem from my own too : I can't resist to buy those wonderkids, every club I go i buy the same players (cherki, gouiri, armini, tolani, esposito, kenneh) and sell all the people over 26 years old like no mercy + failed at recruiting reece james, haaland, todibo always the same begining. Fire all the staff too, recruiting the wonder ones. Different clubs but same staff, same players, same cheated tactic downloaded from here..like I can't build mine

yes I enjoy the game <3
Match engine the worst ever in history of FM

Have to admit, this is the worst FM in a long time. I have played 150 hours with tottenham and it has just brought frustration and anger. lucky i have exams soon so i can revise and not even want to play the game.

PLAYERS MISS EVERY ONE ON ONE- Harry kane misses at least 3 every game with 19 finishing. the gameplay is so unrealistic im thinking of playing fifa instead. seeing everybody miss one on ones just ruins the game as it very rarely happens in real life. in one game Kane missed 7. yes 7 one on ones with 19 finishing and 17 composure. he has 15 goals in 25 but it should be 60 goals.

PENALTY MISSES EVEN WORSE. Kane has 20 penalties and has missed 6 out of 8. so i put pogba on them- he started missing. then son on penalties,,,,he missed too. i out my DM Luis with 16 composure....he missed too. nonsense!

honestly the worst fm in a long time. tactics are so inconsistent, ill play and beat aston villa 7-2 then lose to southampton 3-1 with the same lineup and tactics. i won the carabao cup against liverpool 2-1 then same tactic lose to brighton away 4 -0 YESS 4 GOALSS. i played a weaker side but not that weak and still better than brighton. the game is a mess. FM is my all time favourite game and i am totally obsessed but i must admit i am no longer playing this one. anyone suffering like this also? please let me know.
Same here mate!I am one realy appasionate and I realy love this game but its impossible to play this edition!If they saw that match engine is realy terrible why they can not copy paste one from the last FM.Fm 19 had solid match engine,I still can not belive that they have done something like this and nobady do anything!Where is the passion of the people who spend so many hours,days,months,making this work and selling to us...I do not understand realy!Its unplayable at all...

Well, I think it has the potential to be really good and appreciate balancing everything isn't an easy thing to achieve. However what is unforgivable is the penalty bug / misses...I would have thought something like this would be a quick and instant easy fix but it's somehow still an issue...??

Well, I think it has the potential to be really good and appreciate balancing everything isn't an easy thing to achieve. However what is unforgivable is the penalty bug / misses...I would have thought something like this would be a quick and instant easy fix but it's somehow still an issue...??

Because they are still selling lots of copies - so under no pressure to fix it.