TheCat

Reaction score
17031947.png

"I feel very honoured to have token up the post as a caretaker manager, after speaking to Chief Executive Alan Whitely, we agreed that I will be given time to prove myself as a manager. I looking at potential transfers, and have drew up a shortlist to show the owners.

Josh Kean went on to state that he turned down a top job in Romania job last year, he said :Last year i was approached by a massive club in Romania, but i felt that i wanted a project to get into, and that's what i feel i have here, a project not a test. I understand the fact i have had limited championship managerial experience, but i believe if given time, i will repay the faith shown by the owners.

After this Josh Kean did concede that he had no money to spend and that he would divulge into the loan market, or look to bring in free agents to bolster his squad he said:
I understand due to the huge loan debt no money will be available this season, and this was for me a beneficial factor, because no money to spend also means no more debt. If i need to free agents and loan players will be acquired."

Kean’s first input will be deciding on a new assistant manager, favourites for the job are:

Brian Eastick: 2/1
69564832.png

Jimmy Floyd Hasslebank: 66/1
70755790.png

Terry Mcdermott 3/1
11826371.png

---------- Post added at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

ards.png

Staff Changes

Cardiff City announce new backroom changes.

Terry McDermott – Assistant Manager
62129705.png

Bobby Downes – First Team Coach
ridds.png

Neal Ardley – Promoted to First team coach.
ards.png

Dean Riddle, Fitness Coach.
rids.png

Everyone at the club would like to welcome the new staff to the club.

Josh Kean said this: I'm delighted with the staff brought in. When trying to find someone to assist me one man came to mind. Terry McDermott, he's got bags of experience, and has played at the highest level.

Bobby was at Blackburn for 12 years and helped to develop some top players, but we feel he can work with the first team along with Neal Ardley. Whilst these have been brought in to work with the footballing side of things, Dean Riddle (former sheff utd) fitness coach, has been brought in. We feel he will play an vital part with the strength and conditioning side of things, and also the rehabilitation of injured players."

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------
31314060.png

Gai Assulin – Delighted with this purchase, got real potential, formerly of Barcelona.
Matias Lequi- Again another phenomenal signing, got invaluable experience, with Athletico and Lazio
Tony Sylva- Good experienced goalkeeper, former Monaco no.1
Fabrice Pancrate- Got experience with PSG, good attribute’s, back up to Chris Burke.
Michael Ball- Former Man City left back, going to be my first choice, got good attributes
Klemen Lavric- Delighted to have secured Klemen’s signature, Slovenian international.
Fabian Brandy- Former Man Utd man, got fantastic physical attributes, good flair, could be a super sub, or used in a counter attacking style.
Barry Bannan ( 12month loan)- Barry impressed in pre-season, and looks like a fantastic prospect, looking forward to using him this season.

Last edited:

Pre- Season friendly’s

Overall, I am delighted with the team’s performance; the 2-0 win over Chelsea stands out. Not only was it a great result, but the domination of us played a huge part in the win, i'm hoping that we can take this form into the championship, because if we do i'm sure great things will come of it.

Impressive Players:
Tom heaton: - 2 games 2 clean sheets, played the second half vs Chelsea and played very well.

Gabor Gypes- Immense at the back, strong, dealt with Drogba well, also scored 2 goals from set pieces.

Jay Bothroyd, 2 goals in 3 games, played well, made a goal vs Chelsea, overall very pleased.

August Update

This month for me was a very important month, as i saw it as the month as the 'blending' period, in this time this is where i expect the player to gel into their postistions and understand their roles of the game.

Overall I am absolutey delighted with the results, as you can see with the attached screen shots, i am still unbeaten away and at home which is fantastic. My display in the league cup has been a fantastic one, as usually i'm the team which gets the ' cup exit' from a lower team, so I am delighted that we are a free scoring team.

As you can see Jay Bothroyd has been my best player. This has lead to him winning player of the month. With intrest from Liverpool and Newcastle i am delighted to say that he has signed a contract untill 2014.

Next 5 Games

Crystal Palace (Away)
Norwich (Home)
Scunthorpe (Away)
Everton (Away)
Bristol City (Home)

The first 3 games of these are games of which i have a high expectation for. I belive we can get at least 7 points from the 3 games.