Athe~

Reaction score
Hello there. I'm new to both FM and the forums, and I'm having some trouble with these guys. For those who don't know about them, they're the worst team in the French Ligue 1. They start with an awful squad and no transfer budget whatsoever, and their wage budget is already over the limit. Thus, I find myself in a dire position. After starting with them a couple times I've never been able to do well enough on my first season and always go back to my starting point to try a new strategy. Right now I'm 6 matches into the first season, I've signed a few players (Most of them suck but hey, they're cheap) and I've got 3 losses and 3 draws. I'm mostly worried about scoring, but maybe the problem is not up front. Well, after this you may be wondering where's the question, so I'll just throw it at you. What cheap players could/should I get? Most people just won't sign for the club, so they have to be players with a relatively low profile.

I'm playing a 4-4-2 with Angelos Charisteas (Sub - Julio Cruz) as Target Man -he's got lousy finishing though- and Michael Erenamo (Sub - Khamel Ghilas) as a Poacher. Any suggestions on who to get to improve my offensive capabilities?

My midfield sucks as well so this may have something to do with it as well. I've got AMs playing as Ms and DMs playing as CMs (I've tried a 4-2-3-1 with these players but Charisteas can't hit a barn door with 9 finishing, so I barely scored any goals), could probably do with a creative midfielder and a left midfielder (I've got a guy coming on the winter transfer season on a free to play on my right).

Thanks in advance for any advice!

//Edit I can't sign anyone on a loan because you start over the loan transfer limit (With lousy players, of course!).

If you're already into the season, it is difficult to recommend any players. I would have said try Alexandre N'Gadi and Gauthier Mahoto (both free agents) but they are likely to have been snapped up now

If you're already into the season, it is difficult to recommend any players. I would have said try Alexandre N'Gadi and Gauthier Mahoto (both free agents) but they are likely to have been snapped up now

Yeah, I tried N'Gadi and Ahmed Soukouna but they chose other teams. Didn't even know Mahoto, may try him if I re-re-re-restart the game :p