abwoat

Reaction score
Hi all. I've just gotten my game of FM13 from the web and thought it'll be cool to go around the world job-hopping.

View attachment 377729

Structure of the Story

This epic will be divided into "days", in which each "day" represents the period of time in which I manage a particular club. I will attempt to challenge myself by trying to win all trophies within the least number of days.

The story will be written in a first person narrative structure which focuses on my opinions. It will be presented in a monthly summary format.

Manager Profile

I will be playing as Abwoat Khan, a Singaporean-Mongolian ex-international with a penchant for world domination (like his distantly-related forefather Genghis). He is a 25 year old freshly wet behind the ears who just got his AFC 'C' Coaching Certificate.

---

The Journey so Far...

14.1.12 - : Courts Young Lions​

Last edited:

Day 1: Local Baby Steps

View attachment 377741View attachment 377734

Team: Courts Young Lions
League: S-League (Singapore)
Media Prediction: 13th (out of 13)
Stadium: Jalan Besar Stadium

I decided to start in my native country of Singapore for this journey.

My first adventure will see me take up the position at Courts Young Lions, the team which carries most of the Singapore U23 side. This squad plays in the S-League mainly as a way for the Singapore youngsters to gain valuable match and league experience. We aren't expected to do well this year, with the media predicting us to finish last in the table for a 13 team strong league. I hope to defy all expectations by achieving a good mid-table position and plan towards the title in about 3 seasons time.

My first steps will be to review the squad that we have, and plan my tactics towards the strength of the side.

The Playing Side

View attachment 377736

As mentioned, this is a relatively young squad. Our best players at the club is 20 year old French full back Sirina Camara, uncapped Cameroonian striker Jonathan Toto, and the 22 year old Dane Benjamin Lee.

I would be looking to pair up Ben with Jonny in a typical 4-4-2 formation with a Target Man-Poacher combination. However my central focus would be to bolster the weak defence because I believe a good defence is 1/2 way to winning by preventing the other side from winning.

Last edited:
Pre-Season Friendlies

18.1.12 : Sembawang 1-4 Young Lions

Yang Yue (og), Faris Ramli, Benjamin Lee, Shafiq Ghani

It was a solid expected win for our side against Sembawang. I was happy with the amount of chances the side created and took, but I was not happy with the defensive work of the team. After watching most of the game, I will be planning to press opposition much, but also maintain the general shape of the back four.

21.1.12 : Singapore Cricket Club 1-4 Young Lions

Lee, Toto (2), Abdullah

This game saw the debuts of some of our new players, including veteran winger Fahmie Abdullah, Abdelhadi Laakkad, and Rastislav Belicak. I was pretty impressive with the work of Toto who played the full game, and what's more our pressing strategy managed to pressurize the opposition to submit, which was good. Will be using the next few games to see the best pairing of the strikers.

25.1.12 : Ang Mo Kio Utd 2-4 Young Lions

Laakkad, Lee, Toto, El-Masri

I decided to try out a 4-3-3 formation to take advantage of my strong strikeforce. I paid dearly in the first half after conceding two back to back goals from poor defensive work, however my strikers ensured that we sealed the win with a few well taken shots.

28.1.12 : Kaki Bukit 1-2 Young Lions

Abdul Rahman, Lee

A decent win to end of pre-season unbeaten! Our boys could have won by a larger margin, but two of our brilliant goals got disallowed. I played the 4-3-3 formation again for this game, and it was pretty evident that my MC can't really control the center of the field.

January Transfers

With a meek transfer budget, I decided to plunger the free agent market for some quality buys. The Singapore transfer rules dictate no more than 6 foreign players, which meant that after these few buys, I wasn't able to sign a few other foreign players which have great stats. Nonetheless I believe these transfers will put us in good stead for the league ahead.

View attachment 377745

Fahmie Abdullah, 37, AML - Free

Got this veteran winger on a free, pretty decent stats which will definitely do well for the league.

View attachment 377746

Abdelhadi Laakkad, 34, ST - Free

Again another solid player which will do fantastic for the league. The attack might be crowded with players like Toto and Lee, but I won't be resting any of them much as I plan a tactic of 4-3-3.

View attachment 377747

Rastislav Belicak, 34, DC - Free

To boost our weak defence, I got this Slovenian center back on a free transfer. I enjoy his stats alot, and will be attempting to pair him up with another of my boys.

View attachment 377753

Mohd Izham Tarmizi Roslan, 20, GK - Free (Harimau Muda)

As mentioned earlier, I needed a decent goalkeeper as the 3 that I have inherited aren't good at all. This Malaysian lad from Harimau Muda looks to be a pretty decent buy, and definitely will be my first choice for this season.

View attachment 377755
I released most of the U18 squad and some fringe players of the first team to free up the wage budget for our marquee signings.

I got a new assistant manager S. Subramani, a former Home Utd and Singapore defender with over 110 caps.​

Last edited:
February 2012

10.2.12 : Woodlands 2-0 Young Lions

-

I was handled a surprise when I tried to play all of my foreign players, but the league stopped me from doing so, and I could only play all but 1 of them. Sadly Belicak had to sit out of this one.

I chose to go for the leaky 4-3-3 again, and we were punished with two goals from counter-attacks by Woodlands. Disappointing loss.

18.2.12 : Young Lions 1-1 Brunei DPMM

Statistics wise, we were outplayed with DPMM in all areas of the game including possession and shots. A header by Toto was cancelled out by a dubious goal. I need to work my tactics out to maximize my team.​

Last edited: