Around the world in 100 years (hoping not that many though)

• Thread starter Thread starter turba1722
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 4K

turba1722

Reaction score
The challenge: win every major continental competition.
I will try and win every major continental competition, going from North America to Africa, Asia, South America, and finally Europe. I will start as an unemployed Sunday League Player, with only USA and Mexico loaded at first. The moment I will win the Final, I will resign my post, then go on the job hunt on the next continent. I'm not obliged to stay with a single team until I win the major continental competition, I'm free to move from club to club if it helps achieving my goal.
So, let's begin.

View attachment 100515

I will go on vacation indefinitely and apply for all positions at any available club.

And on 18 July 2017 it finally happened.
Correcaminos de la UAT, Mexican Promotion League team, has finally offered me a job, following several rejections from better clubs. Kind of see why they chose me. The club is overspending on wage budget (about 600.000 euros), having a very very small squad to work with, and with no youngsters to bolster my squad, it will take a miracle to save this club from bankruptcy.
View attachment 100503View attachment 100502View attachment 100501
Bringing almost every youngster to the senior squad in order to bolster my numbers, it was time to decide on a tactic. Seeing as I only had 2 strikers, I was forced in choosing on a 1 striker tactic, so I went with a trusty 4-1-2-2-1. We are not a force to be reckon with, so I will focus on a solid defence and on precise counterattacks.
View attachment 100500View attachment 100499

JULY 2017

The board's expectations for me this year are reachable, we just need to concentrate and play our best. We'll have to grind our teeth and go through the year with this awful wage budget, and at the end I'm afraid half of the team will need to go if they don't justify their contract wages. Correcaminos won their first game, before I took charge of the club, so that's a nice start.
View attachment 100427View attachment 100426
19.07.2017 Mineros 2 - 0 Correcaminos
Mexican Cup Opening Stage

View attachment 100424
We weren't that bad, but our keeper and striker were dead wood. We also need to work on defending crosses, because Nurse punished us with 2 headers.

22. 07.2017 Correcaminos 0 - 2 Tepic
Mexican Promotion League Opening Stage

View attachment 100425
I changed the tactic to a 4-1-4-1 before this game, trying to shorten the spaces in our own half. We looked great out there before Fernando Gonzalez hit a 25 yards perfect shot, punishing us in the 61 minute. Trying to get the equalizer, we conceeded another goal in the 88th minute. What's worrying me is that this is the second match in which we have failed to find the net. The midfield and defence looked good this time so I hope that it will take some time before the players get used to the tactic and the way of playing.

29.07.2017 Celaya 3 - 1 Correcaminos
View attachment 100417

Hoping that this will be the first game we walk away with something, anything really, we travelled to 4th place Celaya. Chaning the keeper and the striker, I was feeling quite confident of getting a result here. As usual we dominated the midfiled, but conceeded after a cross (when will that end?). With a little tweak and a good ol' shouting at half-time, the boys conceeded again. Twice even!!! We did manage to claw one back, Lomeli scoring the first ever goal of my career.

Way to start my managing career. Think I'll be back on the job hunt in a bit, but I'm hoping that I can manage to motivate the boys into actually bringing home some points.

August 2017

05.08.2017 Dorados 1 - 1 Correcaminos
View attachment 100401

And we did it. We finally managed to hold on to a point. Switched the mentality to defensive and closing down more and we managed to almost keep a clean sheet. Hoping that this is the first sign of improvement from the lads.

09.08.2017 Correcaminos 0 - 1 Deportivo Toluca
View attachment 100398
It's time for the first real test for the boys. Mexican First Division side Toluca are coming to town in what I hope is going to be a beautiful cup match. And the boys delivered. Even though we were dominated, the defense did its' work, conceeding just one goal in the 70th min after a pinball of a shot. I still don't like any of the 2 keepers (they keep fumbling easy shots, giving away corners) but they'll have to do until the end of the season, when there will be a massive team revamp, if I'm still the boss.

12.08.2017 Correcaminos 0 - 0 Alebrijes de Oaxaca
View attachment 100397
I decided that I will follow my assistant's recommendations for instructions before every match, seeing as they had an effect on our recent games. And again we had a great first half against a better team. If only the fitness levels would keep in the second half... We gave them way too many chances but we still managed to get the first clean sheet.

16.08.2017 Correcaminos 1 - 1 Mineros
View attachment 100395
​We just can't hold a lead. It's starting to get annoying. And of course, we were punished after a well timed header from Maya.

19.08.2017 Correcaminos 0 - 1 Potros UAEM
View attachment 100393

The games keep coming. I'm forced to play almost the same starting 11 due to the lack of covers for each post. The fact that I wasn't able to prepare the team for this season, and the poor club finances are costing us. Another loss added and I think I'll have to soon look for another unfortunate victim to manage.

23.08.2017 Deportivo Toluca 2 - 0 Correcaminos
View attachment 100392
Morale at an all time low, we prepaired for another beating at the hands of Mexican First Division side Toluca. To hope for a qualification and some more money to help the club, we actually need to beat them. Toluca opened the score after another fumbled ball by goalkeeper Centeno (he really needs to go). Jordan Silva doubled their advantage with a header between 2 of our defenders. Our cup hopes are crushed and we didn't received any money to help our finances.

26.08.2017 Mineros 2 - 1 Correcaminos
View attachment 100391
Our last match of the month saw us travelling to Mineros, facing them for the third time in a month. I felt confident on going for a more attacking approach, so I went with a 4-1-1-3-1 control tactic, hoping this would mean the first victory of my career. 4 of our starging eleven players were a little tired, so I started with a few youngsters. Maybe their hunger for success will get something out of this game. And the slump continues. I'm running out of ideas for maintaining a lead. The players are absolute wonders right until they score. After, they simply can't chain a couple of passes and give away possession far too easy.

Another winless month sees us rapidly dropping towards last place. Patience seems to be running thin and any moment now I'm waiting to be shown the door.
View attachment 100390View attachment 100389

Last edited:
September 2017

01.09.2017 Correcaminos 3 - 1 Tapachula
View attachment 100371
Changing tactics again (4-1-2-2-1), we faced league leaders Tapachula. Matias Vuoso felt it was the time to start looking like a striker, and with a hat-trick we somehow managed to win our first game. Jose Rodolfo Reyes was the other highlight of the game, serving Vuoso with 2 perfect crosses.

9.09.2017 Atlante 2 - 0 Correcaminos
View attachment 100368
Morale was high after such a dominant performance and facing an easier opponent I had high hopes. That quickly ended. We went behind again, but I was fancying another second half marvel. Unfortunately we conceeded again from a free kick, and weren't able to score.

16.09.2017 Correcaminos 4 - 0 Atlas
View attachment 100359
It seems that playing at home motivates the players more than any of my words. Simply superb!

22.09.2017 Correcaminos 0 - 1 Cimarrones
View attachment 100357
With 7 games remaining from the Opening Stage, I'm hoping the boys start racking the points so we can finish in the top half of the competition. But no, it was Mr. Hyde time. After such a wonderful game, we couldn't even find the net once. Back to the drawing board I think.

30.09.2017 Correcaminos 2 - 0 FC Juarez
View attachment 100345
We faced last place in the last game of the month. If we didn't get 3 points from this match, our chances of reaching the next stage of the Mexican Promotion League were pretty slim. And the boys delivered. Solid 2 - 0 victory putting us at 3 points distance of the last play-off spot.

View attachment 100344View attachment 100343
This was the first month in which I was actually happy of how the boys played. Let's hope this continues and I get to keep my job.

October 2017

14.10.2017 Zacatepec 1 - 2 Correcaminos
View attachment 100270

We continued our great run with another victory, bringing us to 2 points off the last play-off spot. It was a pretty close game, but we managed to stay on top, getting the all importat 3 points.

20.10.2017 Lobos BUAP 1 - 4 Correcaminos
View attachment 100269
We travelled to last place Lobos and we delivered. A solid result, with just 3 matches remaining, every single point is important. With that win we move up to 9th place, a single point separating us from the play-offs.

27.10.2017 Correcaminos - Durango
View attachment 100268

Another potential easy match, as we welcomede 12th place Durango. After a very close 20 minutes, we started to play our game and dominate the match. Finally, Rolando Sena broke the deadlock in the 42nd minute, but we were quickly brought back to earth. This wasn't going to be the easy match we expected. After a half-time thrashing we continued to dominate the game but no more goals came. The last 2 games will be the make-it-or-break-it of me. We are left to face 4th place and 14th. If we can get 4 points I believe we'll make it to the play-offs.

View attachment 100267View attachment 100266

November 2017

View attachment 100256
It wasn't enough we were already overspending massively on the wage budget, the board reduced it even more.

04.11.2017 Tampico Madero 0 - 0 Correcaminos
View attachment 100255

Seems like Tampico Madero is our fierce rival, so we really really need to get a result here. And we kind of did it. A goalless draw is OK in my books, leaving us with just a game to reach that sought after 8th spot.

11.11.2017 Correcaminos 2 - 0 Venados
View attachment 100250
Last game of the Opening Stage. I was hoping to continue our unbeaten run and also counting on some favourable results in the other games. Reyes opened the score for us after a 17 yards free kick straight off the crossbar. Arce doubled our lead, setting the final score. We ended up taking 7th place, meaning we're through to the Quarter Final!!!

View attachment 100249
Boy was it close. Thanks to our decisive victories we had the best goal difference of the three 25 point teams. In the Quarter Final we will be facing second place Celaya. They have beaten us 3-1 before and we will be looking to even the score.

16.11.2017 Correcaminos 0 - 0 Celaya
Mexican Promotion League Opening Stage Quarter Final First Leg
View attachment 100247

We had another great game, managing to extend our unbeaten run to 7 games. We will have to do it all in the Second Leg but I'm proud of the way the boys played.

19.11.2017 Celaya 2 - 4 Correcaminos
Mexican Promotion League Opening Stage Quarter Final Second Leg
View attachment 100246
Arce openned the score in the 8th min after a superb pass from Reyes. We were now one foot through the door to the Semi Final. Perez equalized for Celaya and we needed to keep our head in the game. Carlos Guerrero scored and we took the lead again. After a great counter Moreno equalised for Celaya, but Pullido gave us the 3rd lead of the game with a sensational volley. Pullido doubled his goal tally and I was in heaven. Final score was 2 - 4. We were through to the Semi Final after what was our best game of the season!!!

We got Tampico Madero in the Semi Final, our local rivals. If we manage to continue on our good form we'll overcome them too.

23.11.2017 Correcaminos 1 - 3 Tampico Madero
Mexican Promotion League Opening Stage Semi Final First Leg
View attachment 100243
Pullido opened the score after the cross denied Vuoso. Pullido is already linked to several teams and it will be a challenge keeping him here. Oscar Fernandez equalized for Tampico Madero. Having conceeded an away goal is annoying and I'm hoping we can tuck one more to have a little bit of an advantage before the Second Leg. Garcia profitted from an error by Centeno and we were the team chasing now. Arellano doubled their lead and it seems like the dream is coming to an end. Only a Second Leg miracle will save us now.

26.11.2017 Tampico Madero 0 - 3 Correcaminos
Mexican Promotion League Opening Stage Semi Final Second Leg
View attachment 100238

And here it was: our last chance of a Final. Reyes openned the score after a wonderful pass by Arce and we were back on track. Just a couple more and we're through. Reyes scored again after a pass by the ever present Arce. One goal and we are through. WHAT A GAME!!! REYES DOES THE HAT-TRICK!!! And we are through to the final. Sensational stuff from the players!

neavie pops23: Slow and steady wins the race. Not having a chance in the pre-season to learn the players and get the to learn my tactic meant we lost a few games, but now everything is back on track.

December 2017

Last month of the year and we're kicking it off with the Opening Stage Final against Dorados. No matter what happens I'm delighted to have reached this far and very proud of the squad's evolution.

02.12.2017 Correcaminos 5 - 2 Dorados
Mexican Promotion League Opening Stage Final First Leg
View attachment 100236

And it's on. Vuosos gave us the lead following quite a couple of games in which he didn't find the net. Centeno gave away a goal after failing to cover his near post and Dorados were back on level terms. And come the second half Centeno was again beaten at the near post. Guerrero brought us back in the game after a fine strike and again we were hopeful for the Second Leg. Their keeper felt bad for Centeno and allowed Pullido to bring us in the front following a shot on the near post. Arce extended our lead after a great volley and it seemed like we would be crowned champions. Reyes scored and set the final score: 5 - 2.

05.12.2017 Dorados - Correcaminos
Mexican Promotion League Opening Stage Final Second Leg
View attachment 100234We needed to keep our cool and get the prize home. As I already decided that at the end of the season I will get rid of any player that doesn't deserve to be here, Arce is claiming for a place in my plans. 0 - 1 Correcaminos. Reyes follows up and doubles our lead. Lacerda gives Dorados a glimmer of hope but by now it's 99,99% sure that we are the Final winners. Angulo equalized and that was it. We won the Mexican Promotion League Opening Stage!

View attachment 100233

The squad gets a well deserved break before the Closing Stage will begin in January.

January 2018

Both of my goalkeepers were loanees and they went back to their club after the loan expired. Couldn't bring any of them back, couldn't sign any free contract decent goalkeepers due to the club finances, so I was left with finding another loanee goalkeeper. After scouting almost 50 of them and offering almost half of them a loan offer, the only player who would accept to join us was 19 year old David Balderrama from Cruz Azul, with 3 games before our first match.
View attachment 100230View attachment 100229
Our back-up keeper is under 20's Correcaminos youngster Juan Hernandez. Let's just hope Balderrama is decent and doesn't get injured.
View attachment 100228

05.01.2018 Correcaminos 2 - 1 UdeG
Mexican Promotion League Closing Stage
View attachment 100226
Kicking off the second half of the season, we faced Opening Stage last place team UdeG. Just found out that teams promote after points accumulated over the last three years, so you actually need to do good for more than a year. Currently we are the 8th team so we need a great Closing Stage in order to maybe promote next year. Seems like a month of vacation took its toll. We struggled, veteran Vuoso giving us the 3 points with a double.
View attachment 100227

Brought in another loan keeper from parent club Monterrey in order to have a back-up for Balderrama. Meet Cesar Ramos.
View attachment 100225

12.01.2018 Tepic 0 - 1 Correcaminos
View attachment 100224

Guerrero scored after just 5 minutes after a pass by Arce. Reyes was injured and he'll be recovering for the next 2-3 weeks.

16.01.2018 Correcaminos 0 - 3 Celaya
View attachment 100221
With Celaya wanting to avenge what happened in the Quarter Final of the Opening Stage, we braced for the worst. Leaving the boys in a month long vacation wasn't a great idea but I wanted them to rest, having such a small roster to chose from. After just 25 seconds Celaya opened the score, and Hugo Lopez doubled their advantage and Ramos put the nail in our coffin. An awful result after an awful match. Really should have scheduled a friendly or two.

20.01.2018 Alebrijes 0 - 3 Correcaminos
View attachment 100219
I was really hoping the boys will get back on winning ways after the shameful defeat. Vuoso was back in with a shout. Seems like the 36 year old striker is our only scorer after 3 and 20 minutes matches. And he is retiring at the end of the season! Garcia scored after an error by Alebrijes keeper putting as further forward. Atilano, Reyes' back-up scored his first Correcaminos goal with an unblockable volley from close range and it was over. 3-0.

24.01.2018 Potros 0 - 1 Correcaminos
View attachment 100217
The matches keep coming and I'm hoping the players can pull it through. We occupy second place, tied to first, after 4 matches, and this time I'm confident of reaching the Quarter Final before the last fixture. We are playing first place surprisa Potros UAEM. Franco decided the game in the 87th minute and we rack up another 3 points.

27.01.2018 Correcaminos 3 - 2 Dorados
View attachment 100216
And another match after just 3 days. And another important one. 3rd place Dorados will look to try and profit of our tired legs to take first place. Very entertaining first half saw the two teams sharing 3 goals, 2 for us 1 for them. Pullido put us further ahead with a 48th minute goal. Angulo pulled one back for Dorados, but we ended up wining nonetheless.

31.01.2018 Toluca 1 - 0 Correcaminos
Mexican Cup Closing Stage Group A
View attachment 100208
Again we face First Division Side Toluca in the cup, this time hoping to show them our improvement. Reyes is back in action following his injury. We were good, but gave away the ball way too easily, allowing Joel Sanchez to score the first goal of the game. Reyes almost equalized but the shot missed by a hair. We looked great out there, even dominating Toluca on occasions, but just need some more experience in order to not give away goals. I would actually be happy dropping out of the cup so the players can rest more between the Closing Stage matches.

February 2018

3.02.2018 Correcaminos 1 - 1 Mineros
View attachment 100105

I hoped for another win here to cement first place. We allowed Mineros to open up the score after a breach in our defense, but Arce soon levelled the playing field. We kept searching for the winning goal but it didn't come.

07.02.2018 Correcaminos 1 - 2 Tepic
View attachment 100104
As I mentioned, I don't really care abot the cup, my focus is on the league and racking up points so we can promote. But we still play our best in every match. Reyes scored again, putting us in front. After 8 min Hernandez equalized for Tepic. Tepic finally took control of the game after a fabulous strike by Guzman. Morale is running low and we really need a victory to bring it back up.

10.02.2018 Tapachula 1 - 1 Correcaminos
View attachment 100103
Just 2 days of rest and we have a tough game against Tapachula. Another winless game. The great end of the Opening Stage and the great beggining of the Closing Stage is a distant past. Also, Vuoso and Rosas were injured. Vuoso will miss the next 3 days, but Rosas is down for 5 to 6 months after a hip injury.

17.02.2018 Atlas 0 - 1 Correcaminos
View attachment 100092

Travelling to 3rd place Atlas, we really needed to get 3 points here. And we did it. An own goal brought us the win.

21.02.2018 Tepic 1 - 0 Correcaminos
View attachment 100090
I was really hoping we'll lose again here so we can be out of the cup and I could bring only youths to the last match of the group. And it happened. We got knocked out of the cup, and now can focus only on the league.

24.02.2018 Correcaminos 3 - 0 Atlante
View attachment 100078

On paper, this was supposed to be an easy game. The game was decided in the first half. Reyes, Vuoso and Avalos scored against a shocked Atlante defense. We also had two disallowed goals due to offside.

March 2018

03.03.2018 Cimarrones 2 - 1 Correcaminos
View attachment 100077

We are racking up the points and with just 7 games remaining I am hoping we can be this season surprise. Several of our key players were suspended and we lost against 16th place Cimarrones. That's awkward. Just 3 points separates us from 2nd place now.

10.03.2018 FC Juarez 1 - 1 Correcaminos
View attachment 100076
Another failed match, another 2 points lost. We are now 2 points in front of 2nd place. Could have had 4 but I still have faith in the players to get 1st place.

14.03.2018 Correcaminos 1 - 4 Toluca

View attachment 100075

Last game in the cup. Only youths as I want to rest my main players. It will be a landslide. If some of them actually surprise me I will considering keeping them next season too. No, none of them put up any kind of performance.

17.03.2018 Correcaminos - Zacatepec
View attachment 100074
Having finally rested every single first team player the previous match, I could now field the best team I could. Best team my ***. Again, we failed to win.

23.03.2018 Correcaminos 1 - 0 Lobos BUAP
View attachment 100073

Last match of the month and again I was hoping we can return to winning ways. Vuoso injured himself in training and will miss the next 3 weeks. It could prove costly to us. Reyes provided us with the necessary three points and we're still in the lead.

Just a single victory this month to keep us ahead of the chasing pack. Three games remaining we need to focus in order to keep first place after we've been here for the past 3 months.
View attachment 100072View attachment 100071

April 2018

01.04.2018 Durango 1 - 2 Correcaminos
View attachment 100052

Final month for the league. Quarter Final is already awaiting. We can't possible end up in 9th place. I am confident though that we can end on first place. 3 easy games as we are left to face 17, 18 and 16th place. Should be 3 straight victories. Avalos brought home the first win and we are now 4 points ahead.
This game has been replayed due to me forgetting to plug in my laptop. First time went 3 - 3. In the end the 2 points didn't matter.

06.04.2018 Correcaminos 1 - 1 Tampico Madero
View attachment 100043
Another derby with our local rival. A bore draw. But we are now 4 points in front, guaranteed first place. We still need points to promote though.

14.04.2018 Venados 0 - 2 Correcaminos
View attachment 99970
Last league game of the season. Just a formality for us. We enter the Quarter Final with a high morale. All of the next games will come with the next update.

Last edited:
21.04.2018 Celaya 1 - 2 Correcaminos
Mexican Promotion League Closing Stage Quarter Final First Leg
View attachment 99795

Pullido brought us a very important victory in the extra minutes and we go ahead into the Second Leg as favorites. It was a very close game, and we were lucky to win it.

27.04.2018 Correcaminos 1 - 0 Celaya
Mexican Promotion League Closing Stage Quarter Final Second Leg
View attachment 99794

Again it was a very close game but veteran striker Vuoso scored the winning goal. We are through to the Semi Final and are hoping to reiterate the Opening Stage win.

02.05.2018 Dorados 2 - 2 Correcaminos
Mexican Promotion League Closing Stage Semi Final First Leg
View attachment 99793
Very bad first half. We went down 2 goals and after a half time thrashing the boys started actually playing football. We managed to get an important 2-2 draw, after the first half dominance managing to not conceed another one.

05.05.2018 Correcaminos 1 - 0 Dorados
Mexican Promotion League Closing Stage Semi Final Second Leg
View attachment 99792

This time the boys concentrated well enough to bring home the victory. Another 1 - 0 win in the Second Leg gets us through to the Final.

09.05.2018 UdeG 0 - 0 Correcaminos
Mexican Promotion League Closing Stage Final First Leg
View attachment 99791

Another close game and we failed to score for the first time in the final stage of this Closing Stage. We have it all to do at home.

12.05.2018 Correcaminos 0 - 1 UdeG
Mexican Promotion League Closing Stage Final Second Leg
View attachment 99790

And we failed to delier. UdeG's only shot on goal ended giving them the Closing Stage title. We dominated the game, but again failed to crack their defense. Seems like the winner of the Opening Stage and the winner of the Closing Stage play each other twice in order to decide who promotes besides the top average points in the last three years. So we have a shot of promoting if we manage to beat UdeG.

16.05.2018 UdeG 1 - 1 Correcaminos
Mexican Promotion League Promotion Playoff First Leg
View attachment 99789

We managed to score this time at least. But again we are left with the Second Leg to decide our fate. Let's hope the boys don't crash again and lose this promotion.

19.05.2018 Correcaminos 3 - 0 UdeG
Mexican Promotion League Promotion Playoff Second League
View attachment 99788

This time the boys delivered. Solid performance and we are promoted! Unfortunately Pulido will miss for 6 months and it will be tough without his performances. But nonetheless I am proud of the boys and will start preparing for the First Division.

View attachment 99787

2018 Mexican First Division Pre-Season

View attachment 99786

Brought in 5 players to strengthen the squad, as 3 important first team players have retired this season. Goalkeeper Balderrama is staying with us until the end of the season, but I brought in veteran keeper Maximiliano Cavarotti. Central defender Bruno Costa joined us on a free to improve our defence, and I managed to convince veteran Carlos Gerardo Rodriguez to join us after his Toluca contract expired. Denis Pineda will look to take on the role of injured Pulido and dominate the wing. Last but not least Chilean striker Isaac Diaz will try to make Vuoso seem like a distant memory. I tried to get the wage budget under our maximum allowed value, but failed. We are still almost 300k euros above, but that's an improvement from last season. Almost 15 players had 25% wage increase after the promotion, so that contributed to our overspending.

View attachment 99785View attachment 99783View attachment 99782View attachment 99781View attachment 99780View attachment 99779

Our friendly matches went rather good, as I was looking just to improve fitness, not interested in the results. The new signings started to blend with the squad and I'm confident of maintaining our First Division status and not be involved in a relegation battle. I have to focus on the cup this year, as the board expects us to reach the Second Round. 13 goals scored and just 5 conceeded. I am confident in this year. Hopefully I'll get an offer and start playing continental football.
View attachment 99778View attachment 99777View attachment 99775

July 2018

20.07.2018 Correcaminos 1 - 0 Xolos Tijuana
Mexican First Division Opening Stage
View attachment 99762

We started the First Division with a solid result. Our loanee Carlos Guerrero brought us a very important 3 points.

25.07.2018 Chivas 2 - 1 Correcaminos
Mexican Cup Opening Stage Group A
View attachment 99761

With this defeat we received the "honor" of being the Mexican Cup team with the most consecutive defeats in history: 6. I honestly don't care yet about the cup glory, as I'm trying to keep us in the First Division and get the finances back on track.

28.07.2018 Monterrey 0 - 0 Correcaminos
View attachment 99760

Even though we had the better possession we got pummelled out there and were lucky they failed to get most of those shots on target. A great draw and we are yet to conceed in the First Division.

View attachment 99759View attachment 99758
A good start of the month sees us on 7th place. We have yet to face the giants of this competition but I am hopeful that this season will be a good one for the club.

August 2018

04.08.2018 Correcaminos 3 - 1 Pachuca
View attachment 99653
Another surprising win. We had the better possession and we capitalized.

11.08.2018 Chivas 4 - 0 Correcaminos
View attachment 99652

Finally the experience and value prevailed. We were pummelled and couldn't do anything about it.

15.08.2018 Correcaminos 0 - 2 Atlas
View attachment 99651

And the losses keep coming. We need to win both of our remaining cup matches in order to live up to the board's expectations.

18.08.2018 Correcaminos 0 - 1 Leon
View attachment 99650

We tried to defend in order to get something from this game but early in the second half Ibarra scored and we couldn't come back and save anything from this match.

22.08.2018 Correcaminos 1 - 3 Chivas
View attachment 99649

10 man Chivas managed score 3 goals against us. Yelled at every single one of them at the end of the match. The defeat also meant we were eliminated from the cup.

26.08.2018 Pumas 1 - 0 Correcaminos
View attachment 99648

This was a match we should have at least drew. Pumas showed their greater class and got away with the 3 points. We are free falling in the table and I hope we start getting some wins soon so we retain our First Division status.

29.08.2018 Atlas 1 - 1 Correcaminos
View attachment 99647

This match marked another cup record for Correcaminos. 14 games without a win. All under my command. Boy I feel wonderful!

Just one solitary win this month and we are now sitting in 13th place, 7 point above last place Necaxa and only 2 points behind the last play-off spot.
View attachment 99646View attachment 99645

September 2018

01.09.2018 Correcaminos 0 - 1 Tigres
View attachment 99606

The 1 - 0 losses keep stacking. We are fighting for a result each match, but slip up once and get punished.

14.09.2018 Correcaminos 2 - 0 Puebla
View attachment 99604

Finally won! Solid performance by Arce brought us hom some important points. I hope this was the end of our bad run and we're going to start adding to this win soon.

21.09.2018 Toluca 2 - 2 Correcaminos
View attachment 99603

We travelled to first place Toluca, hoping to not lose by a mile. The boys suprised everyone and held to a point. We dominated the second half and could have gotten something more from this game, but I am extremely happy with this result.

24.09.2018 Queretaro 2 - 0 Correcaminos
View attachment 99602

Our great form reached a premature end. We were poor out there and Queretaro capitalized on that. It's annoying as this was a decent opportunity to increase our points total.

29.09.2018 Necaxa 0 - 1 Correcaminos
View attachment 99601

Final game of the month saw us travell to last place Necaxa, who only managed to get a single point in 10 games. We were absolutely cynnical, scoring from the only shot on goal of the game.

A good month for us sees us remaining on the 13th place, 3 points behind the last play-off spot.
View attachment 99600View attachment 99599

October 2018

05.10.2018 Correcaminos 0 - 2 Veracruz
View attachment 99533

Veracruz knew how to take advantage of their chances. Solid victory for them, poor performance for us.

20.10.2018 Morelia 5 - 2 Correcaminos
View attachment 99532
Another embarassing defeat sees us drop one place in the table. Our defence got overwhelmed by Morelia's attackers and we simply collapsed under the pressure.

28.10.2018 Correcaminos 3 - 1 Santos Laguna
View attachment 99531

We returned to winning ways against 17th place Santos Laguna. An easy game in which we dominated and got the all important 3 points.

October sees us droping another place in the table. We are now 5 points from the last play-off place and that dream seems to be over.
View attachment 99530View attachment 99529

November 2018

03.11.2018 America (MEX) 4 - 1 Correcaminos
View attachment 99527

A heavy loss as we tried to get something out of the match. America (MEX) were the stronger side and that showed throughout the game.

09.11.2018 Correcaminos 1 - 1 Jaguares
View attachment 99526

We dominated this match and should have won, but our incapability of shooting on target cost us valuable points.

24.11.2018 Cruz Azul 2 - 1 Correcaminos
View attachment 99525

We ended the Opening Stage with a narrow 2 - 1 loss against 3rd place Cruz Azul. We were competitive and could have gotten away with something but in the end the bigger team won.

We finished the Opening Stage on 15th spot, just about where we were predicted to. We had some great games, some dissapointing ones, but in the end I'm happy with the team's performance so far. Let's just hope we can do the same in the Closing Stage.
View attachment 99524

Back