Around the world in 100 years (hoping not that many though)

• Thread starter Thread starter turba1722
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 4K
January 2019

11.01.2019 Xolos Tijuana 1 - 1 Correcaminos
Mexican First Division Closing Stage
View attachment 99362

There weren't any notable news in the month between stages apart from the board finally increasing the wage budget so we aren't overspending anymore (though we are still losing money each month due to the poor income). We had 3 friendlies against very small teams. We started the Closing Stage with a trip to Xolos Tijuana where we had a very close game and a result to match it.

15.01.2019 Correcaminos 0 - 2 Monterrey
View attachment 99361

The only good thing to come out of this game was the 250.000 euros we received for tickets. We were poor out there and lost.

19.01.2019 Pachuca 0 - 0 Correcaminos
View attachment 99360

We are clawing in the league 1 point at a time. A goalless draw sees us slip important places in the table. I'm hoping we'll get a win or two in the coming matches to gather the necessary point to stay up.

26.01.2019 Leon 1 - 1 Correcaminos
View attachment 99359

How on Earth did we manage to get a point out of this game?!?! They simply pummelled us with an incredible 42 shots and 13 on target. We managed to score in the closing minutes of the game with the only shot on target and stole a very important point.

29.01.2019 Correcaminos 0 - 0 Chivas
View attachment 99358

Last game of the month sees us receiving Chivas, the team which beat us in the Opening Stage and in the Opening Stage of the Mexican Cup. This time we managed to get a point in the same way we got one against Leon. Chivas had 53 shots. Seems like all that defensive training and positioning finally payed off.

February 2019

02.02.2019 Correcaminos 0 - 1 Pumas
View attachment 99357

I changed the tactic into a counter/deffensive one to stop giving away goals easily. We lost here against a much better team only by one goal difference and I was pleased to again see the improvements in the defense.

09.02.2018 Tigres 1 - 0 Correcaminos
View attachment 99356

Another 1 - 0 defeat against reigning champions Tigres, a side we were expected to lose to heavily. Goalkeeper Cavallotti injured himself in training and is going to miss the next 6 months so young loan keeper Cesar Ramos was in the starting 11. He managed to keep the scoreline at just 1 - 0.

13.02.2019 Correcaminos 0 - 0 Potros UAEM
Mexican Cup Closing Stage Group H
View attachment 99355

Again we are expected to reach the Second Round of the Cup and we're off to a bad start, failing to win against Promotion League Potros. The Cup curse is still going on and I'm beggining to wonder when are we ever going to record a win in this competition.

16.02.2019 Correcaminos 2 - 2 Toluca
View attachment 99354

The draws keep coming. This time one with 2 a piece. I'm happy the side is managing to get points but at the same time I'm wondering when are we ever going to win a game. The board is still happy with my performance as a manager but that happiness will run out eventually and they'll start looking for other option in that department.

20.02.2019 Pumas 0 - 0 Correcaminos
View attachment 99353

Third draw in a row and we manage to gain a second point in the cup. Pumas have lost their first match against Potros UAEM so if we manage to beat them in the next match we are qualified at last from the Cup.

23.02.2019 Correcaminos 2 - 1 Queretaro
View attachment 99352

Finally a win!!! And it was the first match in a long long time which we dominated. 3 very important points for the team today and for the first time we managed to climb some spots in the table.

27.02.2019 Potros UAEM 1 - 1 Correcaminos
View attachment 99351

Another draw in the Cup and all depends on the last game against Pumas. We really need to win that one.

March 2019

02.03.2019 Puebla 2 - 2 Correcaminos
View attachment 99350

I'm beggining to think that the win against Queretaro was a fluke. Another high goal draw sees us maintaining our 13th spot.

05.03.2019 Correcaminos 1 - 1 Pumas
View attachment 99349

Our final game of the Cup group stage was a very close one and we failed to get the promotion now. We are now depending on the Pumas - Potros UAEM clash to decide if we qualify or not.

08.03.2019 Correcaminos 2 - 1 Necaxa
View attachment 99348

This was a great victory. We are battling Necaxa in order to determine which team has the least average points and will ultimately relegate. This sees us getting another 3 important points and manage to keep our average points way above Necaxa's.

13.03.2019 Veracruz 0 - 1 Correcaminos
View attachment 99346

2 victories in a row. I think I'm in Heaven! Another match in which we dominated sees us making our way up to 11th place in the table, a mere 3 points from the last play-off spot.

The good news kept coming, Pumas and Potros drew and we are qualified to the Second Round of the Cup, where we'll face Promotion League Side Tapachula.
View attachment 99345

23.03.2019 Santos Laguna 1 - 1 Correcaminos
View attachment 99344

We managed to extend our unbeaten run to 10 games after travelling to 4th spot Santos Laguna. If we manage to avoid defeat in the next match we'll break our record, which also stands at 10 games.

26.03.2019 Correcaminos 1 - 2 Morelia
View attachment 99343

I guess the pressure of establishing a new record got to the boys as they were poor out there and failed to avoid defeat. We slip to 12th place, 2 points behind the last play-off spot but they do have a game in hand.

I didn't post the table at the end of the previous months due to the fact that I played a lot of games in a session, forgetting to take pictures at the end of those months.
View attachment 99342View attachment 99341

April 2019

05.04.2019 Correcaminos 0 - 2 America (Mex)
View attachment 99340

A close match ended in favor of the better team. We tried to get something away from this match but failed.

09.04.2019 Tapachula 0 - 3 Correcaminos
Mexican Cup Closing Stage Second Round
View attachment 99338

A great match sees us reaching the cup Quarter Final. Our striker played admirably and brought us a great victory.

13.04.2019 Correcaminos 2 - 2 Cruz Azul
View attachment 99337

This game marked the 8th draw of the Closing Stage out of 17th games. We managed to pull back from 2 goals behind to salvage this draw.

17.04.2019 Morelia p2 - 2 Correcaminos
Mexican Cup Closing Stage Quarter Final
View attachment 99336

A tensed penalty shoot-out dropped us out of the cup. Morelia went through after a great game from our part.

21.04.2019 Jaguares 1 - 4 Correcaminos
View attachment 99335

We close the league with a solid performance against 17th place Jaguares. Arce made a statement with a superb hat-trick.

We end the season in 14th place, and avoid relegation as 13th place Necaxa is the unfortunate last place in the average points table. We are 16th in the average points table and next year we just have to be better than Jaguares in order to avoid relegation. Let's just hope the board decide to give me some actual funds to work with.
View attachment 99334View attachment 99333

2019 Pre-season

I decided not to renew a bunch of player's contracts due to their high wages, even though some of them played a lot of games for us this season. Doing this, I managed to free almost half of the salary wages and I could bring a handful of players on free of better quality. Pullido never truly recovered after his 6 month injury and Denis Pineda took the left winger role from him last season so I decided to let Pullido go. I believe I brought in a great replacement for him in the person of Argentinian experienced winger Armenteros. The only truly major loss is defensive midfielder Orlando Garcia who joined fellow First Division side Puebla for 1.5 million. I couldn't pass that opportunity of balancing out the finances even though I received just 190.000 from that transaction in transfer budget. Brought in a striker, a left full-back, 2 central midfielders who can also play the role of defensive midfielder, a young keeper, a central defender and 2 wingers.
View attachment 99234View attachment 99233View attachment 99232View attachment 99231View attachment 99230View attachment 99229View attachment 99228View attachment 99227

The board didn't give me any extra wage budget to work it, nor transfer budget. The 200.000 euros I received for the transfer of Orlando Garcia were used to pay for the new players' signing on fee and their agents' fees.

July and August 2019

20.07.2019 Santos Laguna 2 - 1 Correcaminos
Mexican First Division Opening Stage
View attachment 98903

Not a great start to the campaign but not a terrible one either. It was a close first half but they dominated the second and we were lucky to even be on the scoreline.

23.07.2019 Correcaminos 1 - 0 UdeG
Mexican Cup Opening Stage Group F
View attachment 98902

And it happened! After 2 years of trying, we finally get a win in the cup. It was a very close match but Arce made the difference, scoring in the last 10 minutes of the game.

31.07.2019 Cruz Azul 1 - 1 Correcaminos
View attachment 98901

We continue our cup run with a credible result against top team Cruz Azul. Even though we had an extra-man for an hour we failed to make it count.

03.08.2019 Correcaminos 3 - 0 Cruz Azul
View attachment 98900

This has to be our best match so far! We are absolutely cynnical in front of goal and had an absolutely perfect defence. Absolutely briliant!

07.08.2019 Toluca 1 - 1 Correcaminos
View attachment 98899

After last year great number of draws during the Closing Stage, seems we keep that up. I keep tweaking the tactic in order to get most of each and every player. We are still "favorites" for occupying 18th place so getting points makes me happy.

10.08.2019 Correcaminos 1 - 4 Monterrey
View attachment 98898

Our unbeaten run comes to an abrupt end. Monterrey simply obliterate us. Youngster Rojina manages to score his first goal at just 16 years, becoming our youngest scorer.

16.08.2019 Correcaminos 2 - 0 Xolos Tijuana
View attachment 98897

We come back to winning ways after a great game against Xolos Tijuana. Almost perfect shots/goals ratio. I am happy with how the defense is shaping out, managing to keep clean sheets.

21.08.2019 UdeG 1 - 1 Correcaminos
View attachment 98896

Another draw in the cup. We need to at least draw against Cruz Azul in the final match and are again through to the Second Round.

25.08.2019 Pumas 0 - 0 Correcaminos
View attachment 98895

Even though we failed to score, we kept another clean sheet, which encourages me. Finally, after I manage to stabilize the finances, the board accepts to pay for my coaching course, so I am now studying for a National C license. Maybe that will get me some better job offers.

28.08.2019 Correcaminos 0 - 1 Cruz Azul
View attachment 98894

We lost the last game in the group and are now depending on the Cruz Azul UdeG matchup. If UdeG fails to win we are through to the Second Round. Fingers crossed.

31.08.2019 Pachuca 1 - 0 Correcaminos
View attachment 98893

Every game we managed to get more possession but the opposing teams have more attacking prowess and get more shots in. We lost this but we were decent out there.

The worst news this month is that injured Armenteros decided to retire from professional soccer following his injury. I expected him to guide the team through this campaign, offering his experience to younger players, but unfortunately, after just one match for us he injured himself and decided that he won't be able to come back from it. Brought in free player Axel Stabile to replace him and I'm hoping he manages to bring something to the team.
View attachment 98892

September 2019

14.09.2019 Correcaminos 0 - 0 Veracruz
View attachment 98877

Another game where we had an extra man on field and we failed to capitalize. A good draw against Veracruz but I was hoping for more.

23.09.2019 Correcaminos 2 - 2 Tigres
View attachment 98876

A great draw against en-titre champions Tigres. We had 2 goals up but failed to hang on to the lead. Not to upset though as the difference in value and experience between the two teams is huge.

28.09.2019 Queretaro 2 - 2 Correcaminos
View attachment 98875

We were robbed of this win in the 88th minute after a mistake by Franco. We managed to extend our unbeaten run though and are just a couple of points from the last play-off spot.

Cruz Azul beat UdeG in the Cup and we are through to the Second Run where we'll face Cruz Azul again.
View attachment 98874View attachment 98873

October 2019

02.10.2019 Cruz Azul 0 - 0p Correcaminos
Mexican Cup Opening Stage Second Round
View attachment 98809

Again we were one man up and failed to make it count. I'm happy though we managed to qualify through penalties.

05.10.2019 Correcaminos 3 - 1 Puebla
View attachment 98807
Another great match as we took almost all of our chances to get the 3 points here.

18.10.2019 Correcaminos 2 - 2 Morelia
View attachment 98806

We were lucky to receive a penalty here and managed to equalize the game, gaining another point in our hunt for survival.

23.10.2019 Pachuca 3 - 2 Correcaminos
Mexican Cup Opening Stage Quarter Final
View attachment 98805

We took the lead twice but failed to progress in the end. Pachuca showed they were better and will get to play in the Semi Final.

26.10.2019 America (MEX) 1 - 1 Correcaminos
View attachment 98803

For the umpth time we fail to hold onto our lead. We could have won the league by now if only the players focused after scoring. Another draw, another point.

View attachment 98802View attachment 98801

November 2019

01.11.2019 Correcaminos 6 - 0 Chivas
View attachment 98655

Out of nowhere came this game. We destroyed Chivas with a superb hat-trick from Isaac Diaz. Now that's what I'm talking about.

06.11.2019 Leon 0 - 1 Correcaminos
View attachment 98654

Really don't know what's happening. 2 straight wins. Leon had the possession and the shots on goal but we managed to still the win from them, leapfrogging them in the table. Their head coach's job is insecure, so I declared my interest in the job, and the Leon board responded I'm "the lead candidate for the job in case the existing head coach will leave". Let's just hope they remember this when he'll leave.

09.11.2019 Jaguares 0 - 1 Correcaminos
View attachment 98653

Finally we managed to maintain a lead after we had a sent-off. I can't number the games where we had an extra player and failed to win them. It's nice when you are on the other side in this cases. Also, this wins sees us on 4th place with a single game remaining in the league. If we manage to at least draw we are through to the Quarter Final without counting on the other team's results.

23.11.2019 Correcaminos 0 - 1 Mineros
View attachment 98652

We failed to do anything in the last game, but fortunately other results went our way and we finished 7th. That unfortunately meant we were going to face League champions Tigres. At least we achieved a respectable position this time.
View attachment 98651

28.11.2019 Correcaminos 0 - 2 Tigres
Mexican First Division Opening Stage Quarter Final First Leg
View attachment 98650

No wonder how this game went down. We managed to hold onto a draw for almost an hour of play time. Finally Tigres scored and immediately went at it again.

01.12.2019 Tigres 2 - 0 Correcaminos
Mexican First Division Opening Stage Quarter Final Second Leg
View attachment 98649

This time Tigres decided the match from the first half. Zelarrayan's double settled the score and we are out of the competition.

America (MEX) managed to lift the Opening Stage title after defeating Tigres in the final. During the mid-season break I signed another 2 free players, a young Mexican winger, Flavio Macias, who looks to provide a rotation for Reyes or Pineda and a good defensive/central midfielder, Sergio Ceballos.
View attachment 98648View attachment 98647

Looking good so far, are you planning on moving any time soon or gonna stick it out for a while yet?

issteo: I constantly applied to higher rated jobs, but was turned down each time. I was on a month to month contract at Correcaminos so I didn't care about the board's happiness towards all these jobs that I sought after.

Pre-season and January 2020

We had 3 easy games in the pre-season, as I was looking to gain match fitness and a little finances for the club. We won all 3 of them easily.

11.01.2020 Cruz Azul 1 - 1 Correcaminos
View attachment 98577

First game of the Closing Stage ends in a draw. And we got away with it. Before this match I had an interview for MLS team Houston Dynamo. I believed it went well and now I'm waiting for them to decide if I'm apt for the job.

15.01.2020 Correcaminos 0 - 1 Toluca
View attachment 98576
The day of the match I received an interesting e-mail in my inbox. A supporter spokesperson from Houston Dynamo said that I was the leading candidate for the job. I was delighted, having a chance to join a much stronger team in the near future, so I must admit that I wasn't paying to much attention to the game, which we ended up losing.

18.01.2020 Monterrey 3 - 0 Correcaminos
View attachment 98575
Another heavy loss for the side, and another match in which we failed to score. I'm still waiting for the decision from the Houston board.

And it finally happened! I'm leaving Mexico behind. Houston offered me a great 2 year contract, and I'm joining right in the pre-season, so I will have time to analyze the team and decide on the changes (if necessary). I left behind a great team, capable of surviving in the Mexican First Division, and with a bit of luck even surprise everyone.
View attachment 98574
During the interview, the Houston board didn't set any expectations for me, and I must admit I didn't do my own documentation on the team so I was a little taken aback seeing the team I joined.
View attachment 98573
- win the MLS: with me having 0 experience managing a club this size, I'm surprised the board decided to offer me the job.
- MLS Supporters' Shield around top of the league: let's just add some more pressure, I can handle it (biting my nails off)
- reach the North America Champions League Quarter Final: oh well, at least we're in the continental competition, so I'm 10 steps forward toward reaching my goal.
- US Cup not important: I will take these Cup matches as training games for the team
- Texas Derby not important: same here as above.

MLS Pre-Season 2020

When I arrived I already had a numerous team here, so due to the intricated MLS Team Registration rules, I had to trim the players. I had a lot of friendlies already scheduled so I experienced with a more offensive tactic, trying to find the right balance between a solid defence and a flamboyant offence. Also brought in some players, who I hope will make the final cut.
View attachment 98494
Out of all the players I brought only Ortega, Wendimu, Mathers, Moran, Galeazzi made the final cut, the rest left the club during the Waiver Draft. We didn't find any decent player in that draft so no one was brought in. We also sold a couple of players for some draft picks so next year I'll try and get most players during the drafts.
View attachment 98493View attachment 98491View attachment 98490View attachment 98489

As I said, I experimented with the tactics, so the matches reflect just that. But I am confident I found the best tactic for the current team and I believe we have what it takes to win the league. And maybe win the NA Champions League so I can move on to the next continent. It doesn't matter if someone else did all the hard work and I just win the final 5 games.
View attachment 98488

March 2020

26.02.2020 Alajuelense 1 - 4 Houston
North America Champions League Quarter Final First Leg
View attachment 98472

Torres put on a show. We were given 3 penalties this game, but every single time Torres dribled past the opponent and was fouled. With this result we are already in the Semi Final.

04.03.2020 Houston 4 - 0 Alajuelense
North American Champions League Quarter Final Second Leg
View attachment 98471

And we received another 2 penalties this game. What in the world is going on with the opponent's defensive? We are trought to the Semi Final and will face Los Angeles Galaxy there.

07.03.2020 Columbus 0 - 3 Houston
MLS
View attachment 98470

An awesome start to the league. Torres scored his 6th goal in this season in 3 games. I am finally happy to have a defence that doesn't concede after the team scores first. We were solid at the back and had lots of chances to score.

11.03.2020 Houston 3 - 1 Colorado
MLS
View attachment 98469

We continue our unbeaten run with another solid performance. Torres got himself on the scoreline again. With the team being in this form I'm honestly hoping to win the NACL, so I added South Africa Premier Division in the database. It will load 14.07.2020.

14.03.2020 Philadelphia 0 - 3 Houston
MLS
View attachment 98468

Nothing more to say. We are dominating the league now. Torres is leading the team with his goal scoring capability and I'm hoping he'll be injury free until the end of the season.

18.03.2020 Houston 4 - 3 Los Angeles
North American Champions League Semi Final First Leg
View attachment 98467

We had a sensational first half. Leading 4 - 1!! We received another penalty, but even though Torres failed to score, he did it on the rebound. The second half was awful! We gave away possession and allowed LA to dominate the game and they almost clawed their way back. We'll have it all to do in the Second Leg. Also, the 2 goals scored by Torres in this game gave him the "Most Goals Scored in NACL" award with 9 goals in this season.

21.03.2020 Houston 3 - 1 Portland
MLS
View attachment 98466

We end the month with a 100% win record. As usual, Torres is up there on the score sheet.

We had a great month, leading both MLS and the Supporters' Shield, and with a great chance of reaching the NACL Final.
View attachment 98465View attachment 98464View attachment 98463

April 2020

05.04.2020 New England 1 - 3 Houston
MLS
View attachment 98248

Another game, another win, another Torres goal. Great showing from the team sees us grab another 3 points.

08.04.2020 Los Angeles 2 - 4 Houston
North America Champions League Semi Final Second Leg
View attachment 98247

We managed a historic win and we are through to the Final. We will face Tigres in the Final and I really believe we can achieve something here. In the past 5 games against 7 games against Tigres, I didn't manage to get a single point while I was at Correcaminos, but now we have a team capable of defeating them.

11.04.2020 Colorado 2 - 2 Houston
MLS
View attachment 98245

First game of my Houston career where we failed to win. Just 3 days after the Second Leg I'm not too upset seeing as the players gave their heart out in the NACL.

15.04.2020 Houston 1 - 1 Sporting Kansas City
MLS
View attachment 98244

Another draw against second place Kansas City. We keep our first place in the table but other teams close on us. If we manage to win the NACL it won't matter however.

18.04.2020 Houston 1 - 0 Vancouver
MLS
View attachment 98243

We return to winning ways in front of a home crowd against Vancouver and go into the clash against Tigres in high spirits.

22.04.2020 Houston - Tigres
North America Champions League Final First Leg

View attachment 98241
Biggest match of my career so far. I am delighted that I could bring the strongest team that I could and am hoping to give the fans something to cheer for.
Both teams had their chances before Duenas fouled Govea at about 30 yards. Cole Grossman set up to take the free kick, which was deflected by the Tigres wall and fooled the keeper, thus opening the score! 1-0 HOUSTON!!! Though there were several goal occassions, nothing more happened and we manage to get an important 1 goal lead before going into the Second Leg.
It was a vey close game and any one of the teams could have walked away with the win. There is no fixture mid-week so we have a whole week to prepare for the Second Leg and hopefully lift the title and end my voyage in the North America.

View attachment 98240
View attachment 98242

29.04.2020 Tigres - Houston
North America Champions League Final Second Leg

View attachment 98239

An unfortunate injury stopped Erick Torres from being here and I was thinking that that blow could bring an end to my hopes of lifting the NACL title this year. Quioto was his replacement, but with just 3 games under his belt this season I didn't expect anything special from him.
The first half was dominated by Tigres and we held on by the skin of our teeth. Tigres were close to scoring on more than one occassion but keeper Clark kept our net untouched. At half time I told the team to get out there and play for our fans, and Romell Quioto duly delivered. After a superb cross from Jared Coronel in the 46th minute, Quioto slammed an unstoppable volley and we took the lead. Tigres restarted their assault but our defence had a great evening and managed to avoid a goal. In the 76th minute, a corner whipped in by Zelarrayan got cleared by Okugo, and following a great run and cross from Govea, Quioto scored again, putting us further ahead. Tigres were devastated by this and failed to do anything for the remainder of the game, leaving us the Cup!!! It was an incredible achievement and that means I'm off to Africa.
Seeing as the South African Premier Soccer League will load only in the 14th of July, I decided I'm going to continue as Houston manager until that time because I can't search for any jobs for 2 and a half months. This way I'll be able to maybe add higher licenses to my name and gain more reputation in order to get to a top South African team.

May 2020

02.05.2020 Minnesota 1 - 4 Houston
MLS
View attachment 98161

We are looking unstoppable now. Another good, solid win for the team. It's a shame I only have a month and a half left here, but if I'm going to win every continental competition I have to move on.

06.05.2020 Houston 0 - 0 Seattle
MLS
View attachment 98160

We dominated this game but failed to find the net. It was a bore draw. The fact that Torres hasn't managed to score in quite some games is worrying. He needs to find his goal prowess soon or else this team is in all kinds of trouble.

10.05.2020 Houston 4 - 0 San Jose
MLS
View attachment 98159

Great game! We dominated it from the start until the end and got a 4-0 victory.

13.05.2020 Real Salt Lake 0 - 1 Houston
MLS
View attachment 98158
The matches keep coming at an alarming rate. One every 3 or 4 days. The players are starting to tire and can hardly finish a game. It will become a problem later in the season.

15.05.2020 Los Angeles 2 - 2 Houston
MLS
View attachment 98156

We were robbed of an incredibly important win by Danny Wellbeck in the 92nd minute. It was a very close game and to conceed so late in the game is very frustrating. We could have expand the distance between 2nd place LA with a win.

20.05.2020 Houston 1 - 0 FC DallasMLS
View attachment 98153

We faced our local rivals in this game and managed to get a win. Juan Jose Govea will miss the next week after an injury and I hope that his back-up can take on his role.

23.05.2020 Colorado 1 - 2 Houston
MLS
View attachment 98152

After almost a month of football without a goal, Erick Torres finally scores! He went on to receive the Player of the Match award after assissting Luis Gil for our win.

30.05.2020 Houston 3 - 0 D.C. United
MLS
View attachment 98151

We end the month with another win. Torres is starting to look like the striker from a couple of months ago. 2 goals and another assist added to his tally and he wins another Player of the Match award.

Another unbeaten month sees us playing no less than 9 games. That's almost a game every 3 days! In the Supporters' Shield we are 9 points ahead of 2nd place New England, with a very comfortable lead. In the MLS Western Conference we have a lead of 13 points ahead of Los Angeles, although they 2 have 2 games in hand.View attachment 98149View attachment 98148
View attachment 98150

June 2020

06.06.2020 New York 0 - 0 Houston
MLS
View attachment 98141

Another match which we dominated and ultimately failed to win. We still have a good lead in front of the chasing pack so it's not all bad.

16.06.2020 Houston p 0 - 0 FC Dallas
US Cup Fourth Round
View attachment 98140
We struggled this game. Clark saved two penalties and brought home the win.

20.06.2020 Houston 2 - 0 FC Dallas
MLS
View attachment 98139

Another game against our local rivals Dallas. This time we were better than in the Cup and it was an easy win.

27.06.2020 Houston 2 - 1 Seattle
MLS
View attachment 98138

I can't remember since we were trailing behind another team. Seattle shocked us in the 22nd minute but a quick double from our players gave us the lead and we managed to hold onto it until the end of the match.

30.06.2020 Atlanta 3 - 0 Houston
US Cup Fifth Round
View attachment 98137

Our first loss. And it was a difficult match to lose. They only had 3 shots on goal and scored on every single one while we failed to do so. That means we're out of the Cup. I hope that this loss doesn't damage morale too much and we can come back to winning ways in the MLS.

I only have two weeks left here in North America, with just two games remaining as manager of Houston Dynamo. It's 100% certain that I'll leave the club on 1st place both in the Supporters' Shield and in the MLS Western Conference.
View attachment 98136View attachment 98135View attachment 98134

End of the Houston spell

08.07.2020 Houston 1 - 2 Chicago
MLS
View attachment 98120

The first league loss finally came. After he openned the score, Quioto made the penalty that brought Chicago the win. Would have really liked to leave Houston without a single loss in the MLS, but that hope is over now.

11.07.2020 FC Dallas 1 - 2 Houston
MLS
View attachment 98119
We won my final game as Houston's manager and it was a good win against rivals Dallas. And with that match I'm out of North America and on a job hunt in South Africa.

After several months, I finally received the opportunity to interview for Golden Arrows and Orlando Pirates. Golden Arrows were the first to offer me a job but seeing as they lie in 15th place, just 1 point above last place, I decided to walk away from that offer. Soon after, Orlando Pirates decided that I am the right person for the job, and offered me a contract I couldn't refuse. Thus, meet the new Romanian head coach of Orlando Pirates.
View attachment 98118

The season is almost over, so I will use the remainder of the games to assess the current players' ability and decide which position need to be strengthened in order to challenge the title next year. I don't like that there are a decent amount of players over the age of 30 and either they will retire in the near future or their ability will decrease under my standards.
View attachment 98117View attachment 98116

Back