Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs

Do you think that is better now with the tweacks Jesusaustralia?

Its almost not a tweak, well the setpiece instructions by itself I use in every tactic created by me or someone else becourse with the CD'L you can get alot of goals with it on corners, early in my save I had a defender score around 25 goals in a season with that corner strategy, but the changes in defence is probably better becourse ballplaying defenders is harder to come by and due to the offsidetrap being utilized in this tactic I made a pairing of a normal defender and a stopper which means he will meet the ball early instead of late. I read that its good to have atleast 1 CD defend, but I decided with 2 where i made 1 a stopper.

Had I made the stopper a cover defender instead their would be no point in playing the offside trap, so I decided to reverse it.
Is it better hmmmm, I don't know when I have played 15-20 matches I'll let you know. However I do think that the results shown so far seems promising, I'm certain that the corner kick strategy is better, so with that being said then it is already better. If you don't want to use my defence tweak you can always just change the original Arrigo Sacchi set piece setup

View attachment 365825

Yea I agree, this is the best underdog tactic I have tried, you can use very young talent teenagers and succeed.

Champion7891 I have a save where I still use this tactic along with my own that I have posted in another thread, but what I'm interested in is to see your players if you are up for pasting your line up for inspiration. Alt+F9 it would be really cool to see also what match preparation do you use in this tactic?

Hey sorry I can't really paste the screenshots as I overwrite my old saves. But those players become really good. You could say that I start with underdog teams, but a lot of high potential players, and within 4 years I probably have the best team in the league or even the continent. Think about FBs with 18 Pace, Acc, Dribb, Crossing, and 15+ team work, work rate ,determination stamina. Similarly strikers with 18 finishing, first touch dribbling. So you can say Messi'esque players.

Here, I've pasted the result of my last two seaons at Athletico before I moved on (it gets boring always winning). No save scumming.

View attachment 365739View attachment 365738View attachment 365737View attachment 365736

As you can see, I've progressed really well with almost the same group of players getting better each year. Last two years won everything including back to back CLs. In fact, after I left Athletico, they won the league the next 4 seasons with new AI manager (but with points in 90's) and 2 CL's in 3 years

Yea I agree, this is the best underdog tactic I have tried, you can use very young talent teenagers and succeed.

Champion7891 I have a save where I still use this tactic along with my own that I have posted in another thread, but what I'm interested in is to see your players if you are up for pasting your line up for inspiration. Alt+F9 it would be really cool to see also what match preparation do you use in this tactic?

Here are some of the players that I played with. But they are older now with much different physical stats and even techincally they are weaker probbaly because AI didn;t manage them well. But when I managed them they were beasts:

View attachment 365730View attachment 365729View attachment 365728

Match preparation/training: Balanced at high with rest after match. and Defensive positioning at 30% (means that its prepared on day before match and match day

Here are some of the players that I played with. But they are older now with much different physical stats and even techincally they are weaker probbaly because AI didn;t manage them well. But when I managed them they were beasts:

View attachment 622510View attachment 622512View attachment 622515

Match preparation/training: Balanced at high with rest after match. and Defensive positioning at 30% (means that its prepared on day before match and match day

Gorgeus results with Athlectico and the players are amazing as well, I wouldn't mind having The fullback Michael Braendgaard :)
The player Esmael don't you retrain his position so he become atleast competent as a defensive midfielder?

Great formation.

I am on my 3rd season now with Arsenal, very solid with my last resuly of 9-0 in CL its safe to say that the formation is fully kicked in lol.

My DM's
Lars Bender
Eteine Coupe

BEASTS

Wingers seem to score a lot too.

Wanna try this with a lower team.

Isit vital to follow players guides, training etc for this to work?

it helps a lot. The core/base attributes are really important. Teamwork, workrate, determination, stamina, composure and decisions. for me though ive found that teamwork and worktrate are the most important if all your 10 outfield players have like 15+ you will be really competitive. Although if 1 or 2 dont but your overall team is strong, I think you should be fine.

You should definitely use defensive positioning once you are fluid with the tactic.

it helps a lot. The core/base attributes are really important. Teamwork, workrate, determination, stamina, composure and decisions. for me though ive found that teamwork and worktrate are the most important if all your 10 outfield players have like 15+ you will be really competitive. Although if 1 or 2 dont but your overall team is strong, I think you should be fine.

You should definitely use defensive positioning once you are fluid with the tactic.

there is problem with link you can download

after you zip rar

but when i try in the game it s says it s impossible to create

what s happen ?

there is problem with link you can download

after you zip rar

but when i try in the game it s says it s impossible to create

what s happen ?

sorry dont get you. if you are asking for th tactic, its at the bottom of the first post on the first page of this thread. its a .tac files, place it in your tactics folder

Struggling with away games. I'm Aston villa first season. Any help will be greatful :)