mullerb

Reaction score
Hi,

I need a player to fulfil the DM role of my Arsenal setup to compete against Song (Who is not a natural DM).

I'm not looking for an obvious target, i.e M'Vila but rather someone who Arsenal would be likely to buy IRL. I'm trying to play the game as realistically as possible.

Budget: £12-15m

Age range: 21 - 24

From the following nations: Africa, Europe

Players I'm not interested in: Vidal, M'vila, Mascherano, Sissoko, mbia

Players I'm interested in: Annan, Melo, Matip, N'Zonzi

Wenger likes to buy youth, often fairly unknown players keep this in mind.

Can anyone help?

Matip would be good if want a lesser known young player. If you wanna go for a younger player to develop try Lorenzo Crisetig from Inter as well, will take a few seasons to be starting calibre but he is awesome.

Could have sworn Lorenzo Crisetig was a CM rather then DCM. Looking at his stats he will need some serious training to get up to the sort of level as i.e Mascherano.

Matip look's as if he could fit the DCM role of my Arsenal team well. He is the kind of player that Arsenal would go for however his physical attributes let him down.

Melo seems a good shout though, I'm not sure if at 26 he could develop into a quality player.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Mate Simao

Was taken by Aston Villa.

Blaise Matuidi? Steven N'Zonzi, Ognjen Vukojevic maybe, Juan Forlin (don't think he's natural DM), Joel Matip definetely, maybe even Christoph Moritz?

For free you could get Edgar Davids, but he's 37 and not really a threat to Song, but he's still Edgar Davids :D

Scott Parker maybe (i think he's natural CM... Or maybe DM, not sure)

Oh and a long shot guy - Jerko Leko (definetely a long shot, he's a DM/CM I think, plays for Burcaspor (sp) at the moment)

Last edited:
Alou Diarra, Wenger was looking into him for a short time when scouting Chamakh costs up to 6.75m no more and Is French so ticks all the boxes on wengers list apart from being young(28).

Cheers chaps, I have just let Denilson go as clearly he was not Arsenal material nor DCM.

I'll have a look at Matip, N'zonzi, Melo and Moritz in more detail.

Thank's LgsLord32 that's a name that I was looking for. Like Melo a little too well known though but still Arsenal material.

i think you shouldn't change Song but since you do i would go for Andrea Poli, not very defensive but he a great deep-laying playmaker also because Song is already great physically and defensively you shouldn't need two guys the same so you should have some variation

i think you shouldn't change Song but since you do i would go for Andrea Poli, not very defensive but he a great deep-laying playmaker also because Song is already great physically and defensively you shouldn't need two guys the same so you should have some variation

Andrea Poli is way too well known. Anyway he would never join Arsenal.

I've gone with Felipe Melo for realism sake. I'll be working on some vital area's of his development to further his progress.

isnt song naturaly a DM, and then later a cb and cm .

i would say go for yann m'vila. has a good potential to be better than song. or go for jack rodwell.

Maybe Sven Bender ( 21 y Dortmund ) or Nicolas Nkoulou ( 20 y AS Monaco )

Andrea Poli is way too well known. Anyway he would never join Arsenal.

I've gone with Felipe Melo for realism sake. I'll be working on some vital area's of his development to further his progress.

really? i managed to sign him for arsenal, but his wages were high though

I'm talking about playing the game realistically. For realisms sake Poli would probably never join Arsenal IRL.

In any case, his fee is much much higher then the threshold which Wenger would buy a player for.

I decided to withdraw my interest in Melo due to his age.

N'zonzi has put pen to paper and agreed terms and conditions. A player with huge potential for <£3m.