danspurs81

Reaction score
I have a budget of 35 million. i have signed Sven Bender only at this point. I will prob sign vela as he is avaliabe for 3.5 and can sell him for 10x this in a few seasons according to guys on here. I will spend the rest of my money in a top center half, i will try for Kurt Zumma for the future but any on eknow of a top defender who i could sign at start of season 1?

many thanks

I like to buy Ryan Shawcross. he's cheap and he is English

Doria/Eder Alvarez Balanta. Best CBs I know of, ingame, other than Raphael Varane, who Madrid won't really sell..

Subotic, I signed him for 6 or 7 mill. I am in January in my 1st season and he has an average rating of 7.3 and 9 goals. Considering Vermaelen and Koscielny are my first choice defenders it is a good return. He is only 26 and cheap.

Steven Caulker beast
Balanta
Doria
Mapou Yanga Mbiwa
Abdenour

I was about to suggest Chiellini, but having considering it, I don't see any way Juventus would let him go for anything under ?20 million. Maybe ?15 million at the lowest. Like GavinMerriman said, Subotic is probably your best bet.

Last edited:
My first season transfer history with Arsenal. I didn't want to let Arteta go at all, but R Madrid kept bidding, his agent was asking for new deal, rejected to sack him and I was low on Money as I needed a Half back/DM so had sold him and got Neustadter. (Wanted Claudio Yacob but he was 10M+ and Chelsea had already made a bid, meant that his wage demands will be high).

View attachment 451054

The backup FBs are **** in Arsenal, Jenkins and Gibbs.

Last edited:
Doria And Balanta, ease them to the starting spot, and next year make them the 1st choice. I sold koschielny, in january, and mertesack after the 1st season.

Arsenal Full backs sucks, except for natxo, who gives every now and then a good performance.

Sell walcott, and if you want, cazorla too

I agree with most people on here about Balanta and Zouma but you could try Eliaquim Mangala or Tim Vedvaj

Doria And Balanta, ease them to the starting spot, and next year make them the 1st choice. I sold koschielny, in january, and mertesack after the 1st season.

Arsenal Full backs sucks, except for natxo, who gives every now and then a good performance.

Sell walcott, and if you want, cazorla too
Yeah, I sold Walcott on deadline day for 28M. He was also on 100k a week. Got Insigne for Left wing and Carlos Vela for right. I prefer inverted wingers as IFs. Vela scores A LOT from right wing, he's left footed.

Have you noticed the improved Stats and Star ratings for players after the latest Update??
Long shots reduced = Massive. Cazorla has had 5 games since I updated with 5 assists and average rating of 7.5. Before this update he was on my for sale list basically.

Maybe not the best forum, but what tactic are you using for Arsenal First Season, I cannot seem to get anything to work!!?

Maybe not the best forum, but what tactic are you using for Arsenal First Season, I cannot seem to get anything to work!!?

I am currently top of the league at the end of January, I am in the knockout stages of CL early stages of FA Cup but was knocked out in Carling Cup Semi's by UTD.
Giroud has 22 goals, Ozil 22 assists and goals coming form defenders and all areas.
I am using the same formation and tactics I use in past games - 4 2 3 1. I only signed Subotic, De Sciglio, Vela, Brandt and Lucas Romero. Subotic is the only regular out of these.
I have a control and fluid match approach with Play out of defence, retain poccession, pass shorter, Lower tempo, hassle opponents, look for overlap, roam from positions and be more expressive match instructions in place. This seems to work for me and my starting line up would not be much different than Arsenal in real life. Rosicky and Flamini are in reserves though. Give this a go and see how it works out.

I will certainly give this a whirl, with regards to the Player Instructions, do you use, IF, BWM etc??

I will certainly give this a whirl, with regards to the Player Instructions, do you use, IF, BWM etc??

Individul player instructions I keep to a minimum. Giroud has a Hold up ball in an AF role. On the wings depending on the player I have playin they can be IF or just Wingers.
My team would be Sagna (CWB), Subotic (CB), Vermaelen/Koscielny (BPD), Gibbs (CWB).... Ramsay/Wilshere (BBM), Arteta (DLP)...Cazorla (RW - AP), Ozil (T), Podolski/Chamberlain (W).... Giroud (AF). My subs are mainly young lads or players out of from. Again your side may differ so try out roles and positions to see which is best

Not Arsenal but Abdennour has been really good for me and cost me 6,5m when i bought him in first season winter transfer window, this is him in april 2016View attachment 450836