Reaction score
Hey guys, I have 63 Million to spend in the January Window. Window Closes in 9 hours in game.

View attachment 345315

Would like to add a Premier League capable GK, Begovic is 28, and I like to sell at 29. I've already tried Ter Stegen (FLOP) Szscezny is on sale is he good enough to bring back?? Also, wouldn't mind signing a player who can play AMR/L as one gets injured each season.

TL;DR

Need a future GK, and AMR/L with 63 million.

Hey guys, I have 63 Million to spend in the January Window. Window Closes in 9 hours in game.

View attachment 345315

Would like to add a Premier League capable GK, Begovic is 28, and I like to sell at 29. I've already tried Ter Stegen (FLOP) Szscezny is on sale is he good enough to bring back?? Also, wouldn't mind signing a player who can play AMR/L as one gets injured each season.

TL;DR

Szczesny is a fantastic 'keeper. If him and Ter Stegen weren't good enough for you, it is your tactics, not the players!

Where is Mertesacker?! :O Don't say you've sold him :S

Szczesny is a fantastic 'keeper. If him and Ter Stegen weren't good enough for you, it is your tactics, not the players!

Where is Mertesacker?! :O Don't say you've sold him :S

Sold almost everybody that people say you shouldn't if you're Arsenal. Sold Mert in the first season. And how can it be my tactics when Begovic has been immense? I sold all the top players at their peak because I wanted to get max money for them.

View attachment 345315

TL;DR

You won't be needing a future goalkeeper with szscezny. Like I said in one of the arsenal thread, he is a beast if you know how to buy defenders that can play together with him well. He is probably the best goalkeeper you can have in this game if you buy correctly. What you would need is a backup goalkeeper in case szscezny gets injuired which is highly unlikely. Do not get ter stegen coz szscezny can develop to become an even better goalkeeper. As for your AMR/L I would say why not develop regens who can become top AMR/L? You have already went a few seasons now, so no harm starting like now... Since you already got erik lamela and oxlade whom I would say is a real beast on the wing. From your list of players, I would say it is safe to start developing players. Mertesacker is probably is CB that is 5 times better than any CB that I ever had which I cannot understand why he isn't in your squad but I assume he suffered long term injuiry in your saves. :) He gave me 4 season straight of average rating of 8.8 and above and also being nominated top 3 for golden boot for 4 seasons straight for his insane performance... So I would say it is a waste if you sold him without giving him a chance. :(

Can you post a screenie of Goretzka? Also I personally don't like Papadopolous - get Zouma/Varane instead.

Don't sell Begovic when he turns 29, goalkeepers can reach and play at their peak at around 31-32.

Yeah I agree with Mike ^^. Don't sell Begovic just because he's 29. Keepers get better with age. And especially if you say he's putting in insane performances. I'd buy a young regen keeper.

Can you post a screenie of Goretzka? Also I personally don't like Papadopolous - get Zouma/Varane instead.

I'll post a screenie in a bit mate, Papadopoulos has been good for me, but Varane has been my target since I started this save, I had to splash out but i FINALLY persuaded him to join :)

how can it be my tactics when Begovic has been immense?

Because like all players, keepers have strengths and weaknesses too. For example, if you use a high line, a quick keeper with good anticipation and rushing out will play alot better than a slow who isn't good at rushing out. Likewise, if you use a deep line then a keeper with a low aerial ability won't be as good as one with a high aerial ability, even if he has better attributes in other areas (Like rushing out)