appoxplayer

Reaction score
Going into my 2nd season my current starting XI is:

Szczesny
Marcelo (WB) Balanta Koscielny Debuchy (WB)
S. Bender (BWM) Ramsey (DLP)
Sanchez (IF) Ozil (AP) Depay (IF)
Alcacer (CF)

The bench is normally:
Ospina, Gibbs, Chambers, Wilshere, Cazorla, Ox, Welbeck

Already got Lucas Romero coming in and have a £104m budget and £463k wage.

Ozil hasn't been great so open to selling him was thinking of Isco to replace him.
Walcott and Cazorla both want to leave too.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi mate,

I have an Arsenal carreer as well, and in the beginning Özil was very bad - but then in converted him in to a CM as an avances playmaker. He was amazing! His average was on 7.50-8.00! Do not sell him, just convert him :)

I was playing 4-3-3

I could do that but then I'd have to sell either Ramsey or Wilshere and right now I only have 8 HG players. I have Sergi Roberto in reserves as well

Özil is a freaking God at CM (AP)

Second that. He's playing extremely well for me as CM, though I have him as DPL. Only drawback is that he sometimes gets overpowered and looses the ball in your own end. But he does make a lot of killer balls and long passes.

Also I would keep hold of Wilshere and off-load Ramsey if you got adequate replacement. At the moment I'm in my third season and with Pogba and Özil taking up my two CM spots there's no room for Ramsey so he's got to go.

Why keep Wilshere over Ramsey? Well IMO Wilshere's got the highest potential and Ramsey starts off more or less at his peak as far as I can tell.

If you still got that 104M in the bank I would recommend Pogba. I bought him for 80M at the start of the second season and he's simply the best at his position. Good at everything.

For inspiration my start of third season line-up looks like this:

GK: Szczesny

RB: Phil Jones / Chambers (I'm rotating here - bought Jones mainly as cover for many positions but dang he's a beast 8,25 rating so far in thirds season)
CB: Eder Alvarez Balanta
CB: Samuel Umtiti (he apparantly has a not fixed PA so might not be as good on your save, but for me he's awesome)
LB: Jonathan Silva

CM: Pogba (BBM)
CM: Özil (DPL)

AMCR: Alexis
AMC: Wilshere (AP)
AMCL: Depay

ST: Carlos Fierro (sometimes put Depay up here and replace him on the midfield with Oxlade-Chamberlain who's World Class for me)

Bench: Ospina, Nkoulou, Romero, Chalobah, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Ødegaard

Got six players with "World Class Player" labels at the moment (and I reckon Depay and perhaps Silva and Umtiti will soon follow). Weakest area is probably SC but all my awesome AMC's more than make up for it.

Last edited:
My offensive 1st season XI :
Szczesny,DebroundBalanta,Metersacker,Gibbs,Bender,Ramsey,Ozil,Sanchez,Oxlade,Podolski

And if playing against stronger team or away
Szczesny,Chambers,Balanta,Metersacker,Umitti,BenderRamsay,Ozil,De Bruyne,Podolski,Sanchez

For now I m first in BPL but lost in 1st round play off CHL with Bayern and Capital one cup final with Chelsea.
Form is going down and its only March :(
All success is thanks to Ozil,Poldi duo and Ox good form but cant get Alexis to perform ,any advice?

Hi there!

Nice treat. Came to this forum cause i had the same question. So this treat helps me.

Ill post my findings aswell

Im using the cristian erikson beautifull play tactics. Its 3 tactics but i basically only use one.

GK (d) Szczesny

wbr (s) Chambers/Debuchy
wbl (s) Gibbs/Monreal
rcb (d) Mertesacker/vlaar
lcb (d) Kocielny/Kongolo

DM (d) romero/arteta
CML (a) Ramsey/Cazorla
CMR (aut) Wilshire/Odegaard

Lwing (s)(Ozil/Ayew)
Rwing (a) Oxlade/Sanchez

SC (a) welbeck/Giroud

Im dutch so im not sure what the correct modes are called in english (s) is support.

Wanted to sell Ozil right of the bat, since i dont like playing with a AMC, dindt do it cause i realised that i could not buy a player of the same caliber. So actually went playing with a AMC instead of a DM. Since Ozil didnt play very good i tried him on the CMR position and i got my DM back. He didnt convince me (and tbh i like to play with midielders in the centre that have some def capabilities). Last chance for Ozil was the Left wing and did he took he's last chance!! Esp in big games he accelerated (goals and alot of assits), so now im very happy with him.

With the murdering pace of games in england combined with CL, Cap one and FA cup i like to play with "2" teams. Basically a full team swap. In the line upthe first player is the pref big game player and the 2nd the 'lesser' game player. Youl prollly notice that i use chambers over Debuchy and oxlade over Sanchez. Cause of the rotation i use everyone get to play matches and the growth of both oxlade and chambers was incredible, basically they outperformed the other 2. Esp Oxlade, he is a god in my eyes. Same goes for wilshire (average over 7,60) and Welbeck (scoring over 40 goals!).

1ste seazon is yet to end, 3 games to go in PL and im already the champion. WOn the Cap one cup. Man utd was abit stronger in the overtime of the semi final of the FA cup (mainly cause my Big game team had to play quarter final CL 2 days before and just were empty in OT) Now in 2nd leg of the semi final game against chelsea (won the away game with 1-2)

Im gonna takeup the advice on buying Pogba (Hesitating cause 80 million is a BUCKLOAD and being dutch and all.... =p)

I see non of you use mertesacker, why is this? I find kocielny more unrelaible then mertesacker tbh.

Sold the costa rican of the bat, podolski and flamini at mid season transferwindow.
At next transferwindow i will sell cazorla and walcot.
Giroud if a bigger club bids on him (since i promised that to him)

In return i will buy james ward prouse (?) from southhampton.
Pogba
Stones from everton
Icardi if Giroud goes.

Already bought: Kongolo, jovic, Zivcovic, odegaard, lucas romero and a scottisch left winger from a portugese club (forgot he's name)

Cya

Last edited:
I sold Giroud first transferwindow for 20 M pounds to Real Madrid.

But why would you buy Lucas Romero? Where is the fun in that? It is so unrealistic ! Buy kondogbia, Carvalho or something like that instead. I'm trying to not buy any regens and players which we already know will become great - it's a lot funnier tht way

I bought Kondogbia,Tielmans and they doing very good as box to box midfielders,Kondogbia also replace Benders on DM and Tielman can replace Ozil/De Bruyne on advanced playmaker.
I ve sold Wilshere to Chelsea for 30m ,kept Ramsey,bought Kondogbia and signed Tielmans on free transfer.

Vallejo as a CD,Peruzzi as a WB,Tielemans/Goretzka/Neves as a DLP,Samper/Romero as a BWM,Odegaard as a backup,Mastour as a backup,Barbosa as striker

If you're still thinking of ditching Ozil, what about signing Gotze?

Will definitely be able to afford him with that budget!

i'm in the start of the 3rd season now.

sold van de wiel 11 million euro
sold kos 27 million euo
sold lucas romero 47 miljion euro
sold mitrovic 23,5 million euo.

i'm the richest club in the world ;-p
but still buying cheaper players next season line -up

sceny/ospina

cambers/trippier mussacio/caulker balante/johanson Gibbs/flanagan

gil romero/kondogbia Ramsey/wilkshire

sanchez/ox/walcot ozil/dybala/de bruyne depay/ dybala / sanchez

destro/ings/welbeck

trying to bring in a couple of more english players

I had ozil CAM in first season as Advanced playmaker (attack) he was in Team of the year and we won the league, he was so consistent, second season he got even better and had 15 goals in the Premier league alone, i had a lone striker playing in front of him (welbeck) as a complete forward welbeck was also soo good until I got a 50M offer for him which i couldn't refuse.

this post is just for anyone else who is thinking about ditching ozil lol i know your way ahead of your 1st season now.

this post is just for anyone else who is thinking about ditching ozil lol i know your way ahead of your 1st season now.

ozil was great for me as well in second season. assiting 30 goals and scoring 13
third season openener comunity shield against Chelsea he scored 2 and setting up depay for the 3-2 win ;-p

3rd season.
destroyed man city 5-2 and fiorentina 5-2 after being 2 down. destoyed liverpool 6-1
the only change of liverpool was a freekick that flew in.
i guess i'm going for 3 out of 3 this year COYG!!!

my board did cost me berrardi and laporte due to a take over i wasn't able to sign players.
grml!!!

sanchez wants to go towards real madrid. :-( i won all there is to win last season!!
wilkshire wants to go towards barca
welbeck wants to go to city.

i guess januari window will be busy
welbeck is good but i don't use him enough because destro is a god on my save.
and got ings and vietto as back-up as well