Reaction score
Hi, Gavin here.

I have just finished my 1st season with Arsenal, I won the league and league cup.
I was not happy with the amount of goals scored against my team so I signed Wanyama as a Ball Winning Mid who will arrive in the Summer. He was a beast in my Southampton save and I got him for 16 mill - Bargain.
My current team is:

Sczesney/Alex McCarthy
Gibbs/Monreal, Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Papadopoulos Sagna/Jenkinson.
Koke,Ramsay,Arteta,Wilshere.
Walcott, The OX, Ozil, Cazorla, Podolski, Insigne.
Giroud, Werner, Klose.

With signings coming in and out, Monreal, Jenkinson, Podolski, Klose will definitely be gone with question marks over Vermaelen and Cazorla.

I have, Gabriel Barbosa, Mayke, Diego Costa, Wanyama and Leonardinho coming in but I am stuck on what Left sided players to sign.
I want to keep playing Wingers but only Walcott has played well. I will more than likely loan Insigne and The Ox so they can improve.

Currently looking at Ben Davies for Left Back he has put in a request but Swansea are holding out for 10 mill, is he worth it?
Schalke were relegated, don't ask how, so Draxler, Meyer and Matip are available but Schalke are still holding strong on the costs - Draxler for 30mill? Is he worth it?

Any suggestions to how this side can be improved or players on the left hand side would be appreciated.
I know I rambled on in this thread so if you read it all thank you.

Gavin.

Last edited:
"I was not happy with the amount of goals scored so I signed Wanyama who will arrive in the Summer."
Lolled.

Why not just play Cazorla on the left as an advanced playmaker? Sure he could do a job there. ;)

"I was not happy with the amount of goals scored so I signed Wanyama who will arrive in the Summer."
Lolled.

Why not just play Cazorla on the left as an advanced playmaker? Sure he could do a job there. ;)

OP means a BWM to reduce goals scored against him. As for Draxler, he's definitely worth it. Same with Ben Davies. Shaw, Sandro and Silva are other options, depends on whether you want attacking or defending.

Btw, Papadopoulous is a monster too at BWM. I have both Wanyama and Papadopoulous as my BWM, I never have to look elsewhere.

Lolled.

Apologies, I have amended the mistake, it was meant to be goals scored against my team. I tried Cazorla in every position across the midfield, he did a job but nothing special, Ozil and Wilshere were just better, as he is going on 30 and is on 70k a week plus add ons I think if I can get close to 25 or 30 mill then I will sell and replace with Draxler or other options.

OP means a BWM to reduce goals scored against him. As for Draxler, he's definitely worth it. Same with Ben Davies. Shaw, Sandro and Silva are other options, depends on whether you want attacking or defending.

Btw, Papadopoulous is a monster too at BWM. I have both Wanyama and Papadopoulous as my BWM, I never have to look elsewhere.

I am training Papadopoulous as a BWM and play him in that role when available, but again loads of potential while Wanyama is proven already, should not have any troubles there. Thank you for the suggestions and for understanding my mistake unlike some :)

I'd sell Cazorla for a high fee and keep Vermaelen. Left side I would sign Shaw, Jonathon Silva, or Ben Davies. As for Draxler he's totally worth it as he develops to be a top player.

i would go for greizmann or ayew best left wingers in the game i had greizmann for 5 seasons and in every season he got atleast 20 assists & 10 goals minimum

I signed Ben Davies, Draxler, Wanyama, Mayke, Diego Costa.
Each one has been great either as back up when played or as a starter.

My Team is now:

Sczesney

Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs

Ramsay Wanyama

Walcott Ozil Draxler

Costa

Subs:
McCarthy
Mayke
Davies
Papadoplous, Vermaelen
Wilshere, Arteta, Koke
The Ox, Cazorla
Giroud and Werner.

Plenty og young lads on loan as well so very happy with the team. Santi is playing well and Vermaelen is doing well prob due to the overall Team performance improving.

my arsenal squad 2nd season

Szczesny, McCarthy, Smithies
Montoya, Stones
Koscielny, Smalling, Rugani
Balanta, Doria
Alex Sandro, Gibbs
Wanyama, Onazi
Ramsey, Guido Pizarro, Pugliese
Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain
Wilshere, Ozil, Driussi
Ayew, Thauvin
Giroud, Mitrovic, Werner, Barbosa