Reaction score
Mid-way into my 1st season with Arsenal and doing well.... 1 problem Santi Cazorla, Flamini, Walcott and Podolski are not performing. In Cazorla's case it is due to his PPM for long shots, I am currently trying to change this with training and individual instructions.

With the likes of Arteta and Sagna getting on I need replacements.
I have signed Lucas Romero, Vela, Subotic and De Sciglio so far, this only really leaves me with the need to replace the players listed above, another striker and a backup keeper.

Any suggestions ther then these below would be very welcome please.
Mitrovic, Benteke, Vitinho, Volland, Fierro (ST/Attacking options)
Nathaniel Clyne (RB)
Wanyama (DM)
Butland, Foster, Begovic, Krul (GK)

I was in a similar situation to you, exept Podolski performed for me (although i still sold him cause of hid stupid wages)

Here's some of the players I bought which I reccomend.
Backup GK: Timo Horn (Costs just ?4m at start of 2nd season!)
ST (Depends on kind of striker you play, but I bought): Gomis (Free), Chicharito (?14m - fantastic), Lambert (?2.5m), Timo Werner (Bought him 1st season for ?5m) & Michu (Bought him to play as SS in AMC, for ?11m)
DM: Yacob is world class! (?10m in 1st season)
RB: Davide Santon (?10m in first season)

For RB try Sebatien Corchia, his team got relegated on mine and if thats the case on your save you should get him for under 4m, a steal!
For a backup GK I'd again look to relegated teams, Begovic was Trn Rq on mine as soon as stoke went down, maybe see how it pans out. Also you could try Sergio Romero, his contract often runs down at Monaco.
Diame is a solid option if you're the first to take advantage of his 3.5m contract clause for a DM.
Obviously Timo Werner and Julian Brandt are great German options who can be cheap depending on if they've signed a new contract/you've unsetted them :)

You didn't put you budget so I listed some of the cheaper options!

i am also in my second season with Arsenal. started the first season by selling walcott and signing subotic, shqiri and rodriguez who i only signed for cover and rarely used. i use chamberlain a lot and he was consisrtently good for me. i finish top of the league by two points! also won the FA cup!

begining of second season i started by selling podolski and flamini. so now i need a cheap, reliable central midfielder who can play with the player instructions set to defend. if anyone can help, this is much appreciated!

i got my board to sign Suarez for me, i also signed Marc-Andre ter stegen for real cheap. hes such a young keeper but was rated at 4 star by the couting network with the ability of a 5 star keeper. he wanted to leave his club so i managed to get him for about the 6-7m mark. third signing was a yound defender who also playes left back called umitti. signed him as both Gibbs and Monreal werent consistent throughout last season and i want a left back who i rely on putting a good shift in.

Thank you for the suggestions, alot of these players are on my Shortlist so I will look into these with more detail ans scouting.
I did sign De Sciglio from AC Milan as a RB so any further signings in that position will be when Sagna loses his legs.
With the players I am thinking of selling and the fact I still have 10 mill in the kitty from the Summer makes me think with a good league finish I should have 40 mill to spend in the summer.

I know certain options will be available depending on how their teams do so that will be tracked.
Sadly Yacob signed for Liverpool but Lucas Romero is there anyways and Timo Werner did sign a new contract.