Gilzenga

Reaction score
Hey guys

After finishing season 1 in 2nd place, I need to fix up my defence...I have a pretty solid attack, and need to fix the defence which let in 50 goals in the EPL last season...

My Defence is currently this;

GK- Wojceich Szczesny/ Andryi Pyatov (recently signed)/Areola (just signed)
CB- Mertesaker/Frederick Sorensen
CB- Vermaelen/ Gary Cahill
LB- Santos/Gibbs
RB- Torosidis/Ansaldi/Vrsaljko
DM- Frimpong/ Acquah

My transfer budget is 56mil (UK)

My scouts recommend going after Philipp Lahm, but he just signed a new contract with Bayern so that rules him out

Who should I try for?

It depends how much you want to spend, obviously. I'm entering my second season as Arsenal as well, and I'm also looking for a LB. My current, reasonably-priced shortlist includes:

Aly Cissokho
Cheik M'Bengué
Marcos Rojo
Christian
Jelle Van Damme

For my game, I'm leaning towards Rojo, but I'm not necessarily recommending him over the others for your situation. The rest of your defence looks pretty good, though if you're willing to make more than one major signing for your defence, it could be helpful to get another good covering CB to alternate with Mertesacker, since Sorensen is likely not quite ready to be relied upon for your first team.

Break the bank for Subotic and also 7 or 8m for Vertonghen from Ajax as cover. Mertersacker doesnt exactly inspire confidence in my Arsenal save.Not to mention real life:(

Last edited:
For me, Chiellini always helps...:p i just bought him for 20m...its a lot , but you can sell mertersacker for at least 13m...so its a fair deal...