wayneh83

Reaction score
arsenal 4-2-3-1 v1

I do not claim to be a master tactician, I have just created a tactic that seems to work well with my arsenal side that i struggled with since the release of fm 2013

1. the tactic has been used as plug and play all seasson with no changes
2. asssistant manager has been used for all aspects of training, team talks, match prep and opponent instructions
3. this is by no means a finished tactic thats why i am posting, hopefully to be tested and improved,
4. I am welcome to crititisom and tweeks just post so people can improve the tactic

I struggled like many others have, so i decided to just play about with tactics and this is wat i come up with, please test for me as i have only used with arsenal, i will post a few screenshots at a later date when i get a chance

I AM CURRENTLY SITTING TOP OF THE PREM WITH 34 GAMES GONE

I HAVE WON 22 DRAWN 3 AND LOST 5, ( MOST DEFEATS COMING WHILST SQUAD WAS GETTING USED TO TACTICS

MOST GAMES YOU WILL SEE GOOD POSSESSION, CCC, AND DOMINATION OF THE GAME

HOWEVER THE WEAKEST PART OF THE TACTIC IS SOMETIMES DEFENCE AND CREATING ALOT OF GOALSCORING OPPERTUNITIES AVERAGE OF 9 SHOTS AT GOAL

LIKE I SAID I HAVE NEVER CHANGED THIS TACTIC FOR ANY GAME SO WOULD LIKE IT TESTED AT ALL LEVELS TO IMPROVE IT AS I BELEIVE I HAVE A BASE FOR SOMETHING HERE

JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVE NEVER WATCHED A GAME JUST USED COMMENTARY...

I AM OUT OF ALL CUP COMPETIONS BUT THIS IS DOWN TO USING UNFIT PLAYERS TO CONCENTRATE ON THE LEAGUE

OUT TO EVERTON AWAY IN THE CAP CUP
OUT TO LEICESTER AWAY IN THE FA CUP
OUT TO GALATASERY IN THE FIRST KNOCKOUT ROUND OF THE CHAMPS LEAGUE (ALTOUGH LOST 3-2 AWAY THEN A 2-2 DRAW AT HOME AFTER HAVING WILSHERE SENT OFF )

WINS IN THE LEAGUE INCLUDE A 7-1 WIN AT ANFIELD, 3-1 AT HOME TO MAN UTD, 1-0 AWAY TO TOTTENHAM

DEFEATS INCLUDE A 2-0 LOSE TO EVERTON AND SWANSEA AWAY AND A 4-1 AWAY WIN TO MAN UTD ( FIRST 3 AWAY GAMES OF THE SEASON )
THE TACTIC REALLY PICKED UP AFTER ABOUT 10 GAMES INTO THE SEASON

I HAVE NOT BROUGHT ANY PLAYERS ALL SEASON ( VERY ARSENAL LIKE) APART FROM 1 0R 2 YOUNGER BACK UP PLAYERS

LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR RESPONSES AND PLEASE TEST WITH ALL LEVELS OF TEAMS, I REALLY BELEIVE WITH THE RIGHT TWEEKS HERE AND THERE THIS TACTIC COULD BE A GREAT FM 2013 PLUG AND PLAY TACIC

Download is available in the tactics section

Last edited:
Wayne, can you put in a download link in this thread for people? I built a 4-2-3-1 for City and I am interested in checking your out as well

tactic is now added to bottom of description.... i will try to upload a few imagies in the next few days so you can see how it works and how well its worked for me.... i leave everything to my assistant manager apart from team selection hope this works for you aswel as it did for me good luck.... and please any kind of feedback welcome as i know its not the finished article

screenshots added if you want anything else please let me know

Chamakh is the only player I have sold... I have brought nobody in apart from a few younger players

How is this tactic vs the smaller/lower mid table teams? Sometimes the tactic im currently using doesnt have enough bite against teams that sit back and defend.

I have not tested on any team other than arsenal... I found with arsenal against teams that sit back you dominate the game, and create chances.. But this is with arsenal.. If you wish to use it on lower league team please llet me know how it goes.. But allow the team to get used to the tactic first.. Good luck

Ive just finished my first season with Arsenal, but against the smaller teams I did struggle to grind out a result. I'll give it a go later on when ive finished work.

yeah i found that early in the season away from home... this tactic is unbeaten at home in all competitions with 2 draws, so maybe needs a little tweek away from home... i have added 2 screenshots of results away from home a 2-0 win against q.p.r and a 3-2 win against fulham, also a few screen shots of my home and away form in the league

Has anyone had any success with my tactic?.. Have you made any tweaks to it mostly away from home?

i use 4-5-1..now top in the league..only defeat against stoke n man city coz all player less fitness

keeper-szczesny
central def left - vermaelen
central def right - koscielny
fullbacks left - gibbs
fullbacks right - sagna
defensive midfield(set anchorman) - i buy de rossi
central mid left(set deep lying playmaker) - aaron ramsey
central mid right(set advance playmaker) - wilshere
right wings(set inside forward) - theo walcott
left wings(set inside forward) - cazorla
striker( set poacher) - podolski

sub:giroud,santos,arteta,chamberlain,mertesacker,g ervinho,jenkinson.djorou,fabianski,diaby,frimpong,

i sell chamakh,squillaci,arshavin,rosicky

u can try this tactic for arsenal...try to get de rossi or another good dm like fellaini,sven bender

set ur team training TEAMWORK for 2 month and u can see ur result...reply me ok