Scotty98TR

Reaction score
I have ?40m to spend, along with ?300k a week spare on wages (So obviously I could increase my transfer or wage budget), and have just accepted a ?20m bid for Yacob.

Not sure what positions need strengthening. I have plenty of good regens in the youth, so I want to start introducing them into the team. I'd say my current weak spot is RB, but I can't find anyone good enough available to buy. Rever and Vermaelen are also getting on abit, but I have Balanta and 2 or 3 good CB regens.

View attachment 441969

For RB, try looking at Phil Jones (If United'll sell to you) or Corchia. Jones in particular, is simply outstanding at RB. For CB, there are some good wonderkids, and there *should* be decent regens by now. Try looking at Jedvaj or Samuel Umtiti. I snapped up Umtiti for 5.5m pounds in the 2nd year, bargain of the year!

I'd also probably get a younger forward to eventually take over from those 2 (I'm guessing you use Werner in wings?)

Corchia or Peruzzi for right backs are my go to's on any team pretty much. Peruzzi is slightly better but probably costs 3-4 times as much. In FM13 they were both reasonably cheap and they pretty much won every game from the right side for me

For RB, try looking at Phil Jones (If United'll sell to you) or Corchia. Jones in particular, is simply outstanding at RB. For CB, there are some good wonderkids, and there *should* be decent regens by now. Try looking at Jedvaj or Samuel Umtiti. I snapped up Umtiti for 5.5m pounds in the 2nd year, bargain of the year!

I'd also probably get a younger forward to eventually take over from those 2 (I'm guessing you use Werner in wings?)

I wanted Jones the season before, but he went to Monaco and now wants crazy wages. For CB, I don't need a long-term option, as I have 3 really good regens. Umtiti is really expensive on my save (They want ?40m). Are their any fairly old, and cheap, CBs around (Similar to Rever)?

Again, I have way too many good young forward regens, and I use Werner as a backup striker at the moment (He has only ever played 1 match for me, been out on loan)

or Corchia. Jones in particular, is simply outstanding at RB.
Gino Peruzzi is an excellent RB, very balanced
Corchia or Peruzzi for right backs are my go to's on any team pretty much. Peruzzi is slightly better but probably costs 3-4 times as much. In FM13 they were both reasonably cheap and they pretty much won every game from the right side for me

Taah, gonna scout Corchia, haven't looked at him on this FM. Peruzzi is at PSG, so thats a no go :(

Gibbs has just requested to leave, so I also need a new backup LB. Preferably someone home-grown in England, but doesn't have to be

Luke Shaw? Outstanding LB. Or try Alex Sandro, depending on what injuries he's had, he's excellent too. But both are probably not too realistic. Balanta is excellent at LB, but will need retraining.

Jetro Willems is pretty good. Also, try looking at how good Lucas Digne has developed, and whether he's available.

If none of those work out, you're probably better off with Regens//

Neither Davies or Shaw look particularly impressive on my game, and yeah, Baines is way past it. Gonna have a look at Willems, not heard anything about him on this FM!

Silva? Jetro Willems is pretty solid but Davies/Silva are better.

Ben Davies doesn't look that good on my save. But Silva is pretty good yes, forgot about him;;

Never heard of him before, gonna take a look now...

EDIT: He looks great, gonna scout him and if he can get a work permit, definitely gonna get him! Fairly cheap aswell. Cheers :D

How has Aguero been for you btw? I got him for ?28 Million at the start of the 3rd season, but he has been plagued with injuries :\