• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 3K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Everton turn down a £10m bid from Arsenal for England defender Phil Jagielka.

More...

I can understand why they rejected it. If Jones is worth 16m then Jagielka should be valued higher. Arsenal will never fork out 20m though.

£10mil for a class defender like Jagielka? Wenger your living in the dark ages lol a bid of at least £18-£20mil should do but not £10mil, insulting to Everton or what.

I can understand why they rejected it. If Jones is worth 16m then Jagielka should be valued higher. Arsenal will never fork out 20m though.

Anything below £15 million will be rejected by Everton. And he's already snubbed a move to Arsenal before, and signed a 4 year deal in March. Also said himself he's very happy to stay at Everton. Be a shame if he didn't get to experience some CL football (thats not in qualifiers) though-the way he's been playing for us he deserves it at some point. Been another one of those absolute workhorse type players.

Jagielka is a class defender (one of the best in the league last year) and is crucial for Everton, no way he will go for anywhere near 10m.

To be fair I'd be satisfied with any of the 3 at Arsenal, can't be worse than Squillaci huh?

as a everton fan myself, i find this cheeky and insulting as commented before phil jones went for 16mil and jags is well better than jones, i think 20mil plus bendtner or 25mill just to rip them off, and thats if jags even wants to leave us.

Think it's funny how Arsenal fans blasted Barcelona for coming in for Fabregas lower than they did last year, then they do the exact same to Everton and it's not even mentioned...

Last summer Arsenal had a £12M bid rejected by Everton and now they've gone in with a £10M bid. Reportedly, Moyes has told them £20M and they have a deal, but it's likely Wenger won't pay that much for him. Moyes has been told he must sell to buy this summer and one high profile name is bound to leave eventually. A lot have been linked, but nothing solid has happened for anyone until this bid.. Will be an interesting 6 weeks for Everton fans.

Pretty sure the bid was £12m, but even so - never going to be accepted. I'd go to £17m for him max. and then look at other targets if Everton still won't sell. Not worth £20m, but then Jones wasn't worth £17m.

Ah well. Sign of intent on Wenger's behalf. Good to see we do want a CB and won't just let it pass once again.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Think it's funny how Arsenal fans blasted Barcelona for coming in for Fabregas lower than they did last year, then they do the exact same to Everton and it's not even mentioned...

Last summer Arsenal had a £12M bid rejected by Everton and now they've gone in with a £10M bid. Reportedly, Moyes has told them £20M and they have a deal, but it's likely Wenger won't pay that much for him. Moyes has been told he must sell to buy this summer and one high profile name is bound to leave eventually. A lot have been linked, but nothing solid has happened for anyone until this bid.. Will be an interesting 6 weeks for Everton fans.

It's completely different...

Firstly - as far as I know, the bid WAS £12m.

Secondly - we haven't been courting him for 2 years in the public. That's why Arsenal fans get so ****** off with Barcelona; they constantly talk about him in public as if he's already theirs and then claim "wear and tear" as an excuse as to why they bid less than £30m.

Pretty sure the bid was £12m, but even so - never going to be accepted. I'd go to £17m for him max. and then look at other targets if Everton still won't sell. Not worth £20m, but then Jones wasn't worth £17m.

Ah well. Sign of intent on Wenger's behalf. Good to see we do want a CB and won't just let it pass once again.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

It's completely different...

Firstly - as far as I know, the bid WAS £12m.

Secondly - we haven't been courting him for 2 years in the public. That's why Arsenal fans get so ****** off with Barcelona; they constantly talk about him in public as if he's already theirs and then claim "wear and tear" as an excuse as to why they bid less than £30m.

The bid was 10M, but also in no way is this comparable to what barcelona are doing. Very flawed comparison

On the other hand, you don't have the entire Arsenal team being colossal penises and basically acting as if Jagielka is already theirs, nor have Arsenal been banging on about how Jagielka has 'Arsenal DNA' or some **** like that. It is completely different: Arsenal have conducted their business honourably, without blatant tapping-up, and Barca haven't in their pursuit of Fabregas.

Alright then. What about the rage at Chelsea after their low bid on Modric?

Well that's got ******-all to do with Arsenal so...

Guardian and Indie say 10m, could be add ons; whereas last year it was a straight £12M

I think the first source was BBC, so they all seem to have taken it from that, but it's largely irrelevant.

On the other hand, you don't have the entire Arsenal team being colossal penises and basically acting as if Jagielka is already theirs, nor have Arsenal been banging on about how Jagielka has 'Arsenal DNA' or some **** like that. It is completely different: Arsenal have conducted their business honourably, without blatant tapping-up, and Barca haven't in their pursuit of Fabregas.

Regardless of the public aspect, Arsenal fans complaining that Barcelona "want him so badly that they come in with a bid lower than what got rejected last year" (or words to that extent). Arsenal have done the exact same thing here. Barca's comment have nothing to do with the fee being paid, they're trying to unsettle Fabregas in an attempt to get him put in a transfer request. Arsenal have been respectable on the matter, but they've still been pretty disrespectful in their bid considering they were told last year that £12M would not be enough - so they went back in this year and offered £2M less. oO)

I see what you're saying, but I don't think you're quite getting what I'm saying with it.

(BTW this isn't just directed at GC, but I don't want to multi-quote and my post is more related to his than others)

Spurs state their intention that they dont want to sell, Modric' selling price widely held at 35m to 40m. Spurs privately warn Chelsea not make a bid. Chelsea publicly make a 22M bid, then a 27M now a final of 30M, all very publicly.

Well that's got ******-all to do with Arsenal so...

I think the first source was BBC, so they all seem to have taken it from that, but it's largely irrelevant.

You know very well what I'm talking about.

Regardless of the public aspect, Arsenal fans complaining that Barcelona "want him so badly that they come in with a bid lower than what got rejected last year" (or words to that extent). Arsenal have done the exact same thing here. Barca's comment have nothing to do with the fee being paid, they're trying to unsettle Fabregas in an attempt to get him put in a transfer request. Arsenal have been respectable on the matter, but they've still been pretty disrespectful in their bid considering they were told last year that £12M would not be enough - so they went back in this year and offered £2M less. oO)

I see what you're saying, but I don't think you're quite getting what I'm saying with it.

(BTW this isn't just directed at GC, but I don't want to multi-quote and my post is more related to his than others)

So then its not the same thing in the slightest...

Back