Arsenal- Bringing Back The Glory Years

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Following my last 2 stories my unemployed and Rangers one's were lost due to the saved games could not be loaded messages, I'm going to atempt 1 more story. I hope you guys will follow this one to. But if the saveame es wrong again I won't atempt another story till i have got it sorted.

Thanks in advance if you do follow, any feedback will be appricated and anyway to improve the story or write up will be welcome.

Wenger Steps Down As Arsenal Manager

1st July

Today the reports coming out of the Emirates Stadium is that Wenger has stepped down as manager from Arsenal. All he had to say was " I've done all I can for this football club and thank you to everyone for their support ". After this all he got into his car and went away their has been no further comment on who the new manager could be. We will have to wait and see what happens.

Rookie Manager Appointed As Wenger's Replacement.

10th July

Today reports from the Emirates are that they have appointed Rookie manager Darren Colgrave as they're choice of replacement which the arsenal fans haven't taken to well to as it's an unexperienced manager and no Jose Mourinho or David Moyes.

The chairman has said " Even though Darren is unexperienced we choose him as he is a young manager with a bright future ahead of him and we were pleased with his ambition for what he had for the club".

We will be holding a press conference to introduce Darren to the press.

Press Conference

Press: You sit here as the new Arsenal manager. Is this your dream job?

Darren: I'm Glad the chairman has trusted me with this postion, just hope I can make him and the fans see I was the right choice.

Press: What can we expect from you in the transfer market?

Darren: I don't really have a preference I just take it deal by deal.

Press: Is there going to be any changes to your backroom staff?

Darren; No I think there is a perfect set up here, Why would I want to change that for.

Just had the draw for the Champions League Best place play off. It is as follows:
View attachment 240962

Also I've finished my preseason, It wasn't the best I've had but it will have to do the most shocking defeat was losing 1-0 to Stockport.
View attachment 240964

As you can also see I have a derby 1st game of the season.

What would be better for you guys monthly updates or an update every 2/3 games?

August

Arsenal 4-3 Tottenham
View attachment 241260
A cracker of a 1st game of the season. Honestly I thought it was going to be a draw till Theo Walcott pounced right at the end to score the winner.

Man of the Match: Robin Van Persie

Arsenal 2-0 Udinese
View attachment 241261
A Great performance from the lads. We can now go to Italy with a 2-0 lead and hope to qualify and score a couple of more goals.

Man of the match: Bacary Sagna

Manchester United 5-1 Arsenal
View attachment 241262
A Disappointing game for us and I made sure they knew about it. Hopefully they will pick themselves up from this and make the next team pay for it.

Man of the match: Wayne Rooney(Man Utd)

Udinese 1-4 Arsenal(AGG:1-6)
View attachment 241263

A great response to the United game. Hopefully we can get an easy group and we can also take this game into the league.

Man of the match:Robin Van Persie

The Group stage as follows:
View attachment 241272

Slightly hard group. Would have liked easier but hopefully can still qualify on to the knockout stages.

League cup 3rd round as follows:
View attachment 241274
An easy draw for us into the 4th round and beyond we go.

Arsenal 2-1 Wolves
View attachment 241275

I would like to have won by a bigger margin but Wolves really took the game to us. But putting that aside a win is a win and another 3 points on the table for us.

Man of the match: Ondrej Kusnir (Wolves)

Good start, unfortunate about the Utd result but at least it wasn't the 8-2 it was in real life!

Wigan 0-1 Arsenal

View attachment 241567
Another win but should have scored more. A goal from Van Persie sealed the victory which is another 3 points for us.

Ajax 0-2 Arsenal
View attachment 241568

A great start to our Champions League campagin. Hope to keep going but only game i think I could struggle with is AC Milan. But we won't know until we get to that match.

Arsenal 2-2 Aston Villa
View attachment 241926
Should have won this game. Heskey shouldn't have scored as there was an incident just before it happened and we should have had a free kick. But the ref was blind and did nothing so he cost us 2 points.

Burnley 0-1 Arsenal

View attachment 241927
Into the 4th round we go although would have liked more goals. Hopefully as the games come we will be able to find the back of the net more then once in a game.

Blackburn 1-0 Arsenal
View attachment 241932

A game we derserved to lose. It was almost as if we forgot to turn up but I made sure the players know how unhappy I was after a performance like this.

Arsenal 2-0 Genk
View attachment 241934

A good victory for us. Another win in the Champions League puts us in pole postion in our group and possible gives us a chance of beating AC Milan when we face them next.

Don't use Comic Sans, please don't. It makes you look like a a 10-year old.
I think it lacks something, you just post your matches with one line of text and that's it. There's no story, you didn't even explain your transfers. You should get that fixed and for the pictures and headlines: centre them. It just looks better.