Arsenal doing better than 'big mouth' rivals, says RVP

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 2K
Joss that's a valid point. However barca were hard done by up until that point with various big calls going in arsenal's favour

How about the penalty the was not given when Messi was fouled and the goal that was wrongly ruled out. Barca clearly deserved it. There is no 2 way about it. With or without sending off.

Again - no one has said they didn't DESERVE to win, nor have we said everything went against us: Just that Bussacca's decision to send off Van Persie prematurely ended the game.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Then why point finger at other teams?

HE argues that every team does it in moderation, but that the two teams he picked up on do it more than anyone else, and he doesn't like it.

Joss that's a valid point. However barca were hard done by up until that point with various big calls going in arsenal's favour

I'm not denying that - just that decisions also went against Arsenal, and that the decision to send off Van Persie for not hearing the whistle was a) ridiculous, and b) game-changing in the sense that Arsenal were given no chance to get back into the game.

Again - no one has said they didn't DESERVE to win, nor have we said everything went against us: Just that Bussacca's decision to send off Van Persie prematurely ended the game.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

HE argues that every team does it in moderation, but that the two teams he picked up on do it more than anyone else, and he doesn't like it.

What really matters is whether team is doing that or not. I agree surrounding ref and waving imaginary cards is very annoying, but not sure about talking to ref. Every team does that..

I'm not denying that - just that decisions also went against Arsenal, and that the decision to send off Van Persie for not hearing the whistle was a) ridiculous, and b) game-changing in the sense that Arsenal were given no chance to get back into the game.

I'm not arguing with you, infact i agree with most of what you're saying :)
I just feel that, over the two legs, the decisions were pretty evenly spread.

What really matters is whether team is doing that or not. I agree surrounding ref and waving imaginary cards is very annoying, but not sure about talking to ref. Every team does that..

Not sure what the difference is? Am I being incredibly naive?

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

I'm not arguing with you, infact i agree with most of what you're saying :)
I just feel that, over the two legs, the decisions were pretty evenly spread.

Neither am I!

We're talking about different things - for me, it doesn't matter whether deicisions "even themselves out" or whether they did or not in the tie. Van Persie isn't saying that the referee was bias or that over two legs Arsenal had more decisions go against him.

Not sure what the difference is? Am I being incredibly naive?

Every team talks to ref to influence and get the decisions.

Only Barca surround ref and wave imaginary cards for every foul.

Not sure why Chelsea was brought into as they dont wave cards. They talk to ref and also Arsenal does. How can he point at other team when his own team is also doing same. Who does more doesn't matter.

Lol. Is he losing the plot or what..?

This is basically an Rant about everyone elses and there opinions, is there any need for this. Nope, I suggest Mister Van Persie you go and reflect on why you didnt beat WBA and went out to Barcelona and try to get your season back on track, before you get very embarassed and chelsea finish above you.

Signs of losing the plot maybe RVP?? In fact Chelsea used to be really bad when Mourinho was in charge in terms of surrounding the ref but since Ancelotti has been in charge its normally only Terry who complains about the decisions. Focus on your own teams faults Robin because yet again your side have bottled it.

Back