Arsenal Fans in Rome.

LewLufc

Reaction score
Yesterday after the Arsenal Roma match , an Arsenal fan got stabbed in the leg.
Roma fans pulled up in front of the Arsenal fan bus and ambushed them throwing bottles and flares.
The driver of the coach got off and ran off and left 30 Arsenal fans to fight for themselves in the middle of Rome by themselves.

I truely think Roma should be banned from any euorpean competitions.

Disgusting.

I truely think Roma should be banned from any euorpean competitions.

Disgusting.

BBC: "The bus was attacked by Roma fans after the driver became lost near the Olympic Stadium, the British Embassy said".

What good is it if the bus driver doesn't know where he's going.. it looks like they were sitting ducks, and something was bound to kick off. All sounds pretty calculated and calous, so i'm down with the ban.. heck it's meant to be English fans with the label, so let's see some action.

I really don't think that the final should be held in Rome now IMO. There's always been problems around the Olympic Stadium and this just shows that the final should be held elsewhere.

Rome in general is quite a grimy place. I rememeber seeing two robberies within 5 minutes of arriving at the station. Loads of immigrants with no work, all hanging around looking for a next eat.

If this was happening in England all the time English clubs would of been banned from Europe by now.Its total BS.When as UEFA gonna do something about Roma? when a few fans are killed?

If this was happening in England all the time English clubs would of been banned from Europe by now.Its total BS.When as UEFA gonna do something about Roma? when a few fans are killed?

The answer is Yes.

The difference between a hundred Roman stabbings and one Heysel is the death count which is totally key.

The italians in general are quite agro though.
But its still bang out of order

yeap ban them and move final looking good for an all english one so move it to wembley!anyone hear about what happened with jose in milan did he **** a fan or something?

The answer is Yes.

The difference between a hundred Roman stabbings and one Heysel is the death count which is totally key.
Juventus Hooligans more than played their part in the heysel disaster.The trouble started well before the wall collapsed.

Rome in general is quite a grimy place. I rememeber seeing two robberies within 5 minutes of arriving at the station. Loads of immigrants with no work, all hanging around looking for a next eat.

You asked them if they were immigrants?

The Roma ultras have been stabbing people and bricking coaches since the early 80s at least. That's why Liverpool supporters have mixed feelings about going back there should we get to the final this year. Wales fans will also remember a particularly nasty night in Rome when bottles and seats rained down on them during an Italy match.

Don't expect UEFA to act though. Hooliganism is an English disease and does not happen on the continent, no matter whether it's policemen and fans getting killed in Italy, Holland, Germany etc etc.

And yeah, someone is claiming Mourinho twatted him outside the Inter bus on the way out of Old Trafford. Most amusing.

Juventus Hooligans more than played their part in the heysel disaster.The trouble started well before the wall collapsed.

Probably the wrong thread for a debate on that particular point but suffice to say UEFA disagreed. You might remember that English clubs were banned from European competition for 5 years (Liverpool indefinitely), Italian clubs weren't. I don't think most people woulde think this some sort of anti-English conspiracy.

Interesting footnote that the ban on LFC only ended after MUFC got to the Cup Winners Cup Final in 1991 without incident along the way, proving that English fans had been "rehabilitated" after the ban.

Is there anyone who thinks the final should still be in rome other than the mupperts at UEFA?

Probably the wrong thread for a debate on that particular point but suffice to say UEFA disagreed. You might remember that English clubs were banned from European competition for 5 years (Liverpool indefinitely), Italian clubs weren't. I don't think most people woulde think this some sort of anti-English conspiracy.

Interesting footnote that the ban on LFC only ended after MUFC got to the Cup Winners Cup Final in 1991 without incident along the way, proving that English fans had been "rehabilitated" after the ban.

The ban was actually introduced by the British government first. Liverpool's ban had nothing to do with any other English clubs lack of trouble within European stadia (we'll ignore stuff outside) but was a separate punishment. All the bans were reduced in length; cynics would suggest that the influx of money into the English top division may have played a part in this.

There never has been an inquiry into Heysel. Some Liverpool fans there that night certainly have a large share of the culpability though for charging the Juve fans, and many were prosecuted for manslaughter as a result.

To Juve fans I'd say "In Memoria e Amicizia".

So yeah it does look like someone will have to die before UEFA do anything. Cannot believe the spokesperson, William Gaillard or whatever it is (a **** btw from what I've seen him say before), says moving the final isn't on their minds. How many times will Roma get away with it? They should be kicked out for years.

Agreed ^^

I wanna see millwall in europe within afew years coz im sure theyll stir something up in a country lol.

Yeah, really funny that would be eh?? Millwall in Europe!!!! HilariousXDXD

If millwall got into europe, their sepp blatter/platini will probably put a travel ban on their fans xD